GUILTY IA - Tracy Tribble, 35, Council Bluffs, 3 May 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JerseyGirl said:
Bobbisangel, I didn't realize that your daughter also had a daughter or that she was married. I'm so sorry for what you've experienced. Your strength is amazing. I don't know how you do it, seeing story after story like this one. :(

Yes, my daughter's daughter was almost five when her mother was murdered. She didn't even ask who did it....she knew. She had seen a lot of abuse. She will be 18 yrs in Jan. We had our trials...oh did we ever...but she has straightened her life out...got her GED and a job and is doing good. She has her problems though. These guys that murder their wives don't have a clue nor do they care about the damage they do to their children. One night not long after my daughter's death her little girl sat straight up in bed...with me...and said "my daddy damaged my heart." She was sound asleep but she was so right.

I don't know that I am so strong.....if I hadn't had my granddaughter to raise I might not be here today. I don't know, maybe each one of us find some reason to keep going day after day. I just knew that I didn't have a choice because of Alysha. She needed me so here I am.

It is odd that I come into forums like this isn't it. I also read crime stories all of the time. I've learned a lot about LE through the stories that I've read and maybe I come here because I feel so much for the families that are going through the hell that I've gone through. I hurt for them and I pray for them and their kids. Sometimes that is all we can do.

Bobbisangel said:
One night not long after my daughter's death her little girl sat straight up in bed...with me...and said "my daddy damaged my heart." She was sound asleep but she was so right.
OMG, it's beyond heart-breaking. What a horrible, horrible situation. I'm glad to hear that she's doing well after all she's been through. I can't imagine not having her mom OR her dad for most of her life. I don't know how one reconciles that. Thank God she had/has you, (and you her as well).

JerseyGirl said:
OMG, it's beyond heart-breaking. What a horrible, horrible situation. I'm glad to hear that she's doing well after all she's been through. I can't imagine not having her mom OR her dad for most of her life. I don't know how one reconciles that. Thank God she had/has you, (and you her as well).

You know, if we sat down just at this forum and started adding up the number of children who have been left with no parents because dad decided that there was no way mom was going to leave him and live....I think we would just be floored.

My granddaughter and I have talked a lot about the difference in being a survivor and a victim. To often people use the things that have happened to them in their life to play the role of a victim instead of allowing it to make them a stronger person. The hurt/anger will always be there I know but I want her to be a survivor and that is pretty much how she views herself.

Bobbisangel

You are an angel. Thank goodness your grandaughter had you. It is so important to be a survivor rather than a victim. Being a survivor takes away some of the power of the murderer. I think it is wonderful that you gave that power to your grandaughter.

cbcrime said:
Bobbisangel

You are an angel. Thank goodness your grandaughter had you. It is so important to be a survivor rather than a victim. Being a survivor takes away some of the power of the murderer. I think it is wonderful that you gave that power to your grandaughter.

Thank you

My name is Bryon. I have known Tracy a long time. We dated for seven years. I did not there were that many pictures of us. I had left Nebraska about four years ago. After Tracy and I split up but we stayed good friends. Talked daily on the phone. When I got that call from her mom at four in the morning. I told her I would get on a plane and be back there if she wanted the next day I left. Thank you for keeping this alive.

BryoninVegas said:
My name is Bryon. I have known Tracy a long time. We dated for seven years. I did not there were that many pictures of us. I had left Nebraska about four years ago. After Tracy and I split up but we stayed good friends. Talked daily on the phone. When I got that call from her mom at four in the morning. I told her I would get on a plane and be back there if she wanted the next day I left. Thank you for keeping this alive.

You must miss her terribly. I am so sorry you all are going through this loss.

Bryon, thanks so much for joining the thread. I am truly sorry for the loss of Tracy. I pray that we will see justice in this case very, very soon. Our hearts are with you and all of those that love Tracy.

BryoninVegas said:

Hi Bryon,

YOu and I talked on the phone one night before they found Tracy.

I am so sorry for your loss. May justice be served for beautiful Tracy.

Byron,

It sounds like you have a close relationship with Tracy's whole family. I guess that you would after dating for that length of time. It is to bad that things didn't work out between the two of you. To bad that she met and married that murderer. LE know that he murdered her and in time he will get what he has coming. It is just to bad that our friends and daughters can't come back home after their murderers are caught and put away.

My prayers are with Tracy's family and with you too. She was very fortunate to know you and you her. Good friends are hard to find.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=1636&u_sid=2217827

Autopsy results to be revealed

The Pottawattamie County Attorney's Office has called a press conference for 1:30 p.m. Friday to discuss the results of an autopsy preformed on Tracy Gostomski Tribble.

Tribble disappeared May 3 and her body was found May 19 in the Missouri River south of Council Bluffs.

Did anyone see the press conference?

soccermom2 said:
Press Conference is today @ 1:30

Oops, still missed it. Thanks anyway.

I don't have time to find a link - but the summary was that she died as a result of homicided. They don't know if she was suffocated, choked, or drowned, but was found with blunt force trauma to multiple portions of her head. I am awaiting her husbands arrest...

amom said:
I don't have time to find a link - but the summary was that she died as a result of homicided. They don't know if she was suffocated, choked, or drowned, but was found with blunt force trauma to multiple portions of her head. I am awaiting her husbands arrest...

Thank you for the information. How horrible. That man is huge and there is no way that Tracy could have ever protected herself from him. He probably used his fists. They are as big as hams. I hope they make that arrest soon. I guess he just wasn't going to let her get that divorce. Now if the divorce had been his idea he would have never murdered her but since it was her that wanted it he just wasn't going to allow that to happen. It's all about power and control. The sooner he is removed from Tracy's home the better. I can't believe he had the gutts to move back in there. Probably thought it is his now beings they weren't divored yet.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=1636&u_sid=2220434&u_rnd=2317737

Published Tuesday
August 8, 2006

Tribble's husband arrested in slaying

BY TOM SHAW
WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER

First there was the search for Tracy Gostomski Tribble. Then the funeral. Now an arrest.

Police arrested her 40-year-old husband, Stan Tribble, this morning while he was at work at Metro Mitsubishi, just west of the Westroads Mall. He was charged with first-degree murder in an arrest warrant from Council Bluffs. The charge carries a mandatory punishment of life in prison.

The warrant alleges that Stan Tribble killed his wife late May 2 or early May 3.

Stan Tribble, of Council Bluffs, has told police that he last saw his wife at 6 a.m. May 3 when he left for work. He has said the two had a "tiff" the night before and that she had mentioned suicide.

Her family and the medical examiner said suicide was not possible.

Tracy's unclothed body was found May 19 in the Missouri River in south Council Bluffs.

An autopsy said Tracy Tribble, 35, probably died from asphyxiation, possibly from drowning or suffocation. Toxicology results showed she had a high blood-alcohol level, said Council Bluffs Police Detective R.G. Miller.

Iowa medical examiners found that Tracy Tribble had suffered multiple blunt-force injuries, including at least three injuries to her head. Those were inconsistent with an accidental death, officials have said. Her death was ruled a homicide last week based on the final autopsy results.

In an interview this morning, Tracy Tribble's mother, Mary Gostomski, tearfully thanked police for their work on the case.

"We're just gratified and relieved that the police have arrested their primary suspect," she said. "Tracy's life was wrongly taken from her. Tracy did not deserve to have her face beaten and she did not deserve to have her skull smashed . . . We just seek justice for Tracy."

Pottawattamie County Attorney Matt Wilber said the arrest was made after he met with Council Bluffs detectives to go over the results of the investigation.

"Yesterday was the first day I had a chance to sit down with the police department and have them lay out everything they had," Wilber said. Police have served two search warrants on the couple's Bluffs home.

The Metro Area Fugitive Task Force made today's arrest around 9:45 a.m.

Stan Tribble's attorney, James Burger, did not return a call this morning seeking comment. Burger said last week that his client maintains his innocence.

Tribble was booked into the jail at Omaha Police Headquarters about 10:35 a.m. An extradition hearing will be held in Douglas County Court, but that hearing had not been scheduled late this morning.

Tracy Tribble's family has offered a $75,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for her death.

Stan Tribble also faces a misdemeanor charge of domestic assault in connection with an incident earlier this year. Tracy Tribble told police that, in early April, her husband grabbed her upper arms and throat, then punched her in the chest, leaving bruises.

Stan Tribble has pleaded not guilty to that charge.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon
Back