Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, Montezuma, 27 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JUN 10, 2021
Community holds onto hope as the search for Xavior Harrelson continues (kyoutv.com)
[...]

“Parents are worried, kids are worried. We haven’t found him. We can’t live our normal lives as much as we used to,” Spruce Village resident AC shared. Hundreds have been searching for the boy, but have come up with nothing. Community members say more searching should be done.

Mitch Mortvedt with the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigations says he feels the surrounding areas including Diamond Lake have all been well covered. “We feel that we covered it well. Again, not saying that we couldn’t miss something whether it’s on water or on ground. But, between the actual lake itself and the surrounding area. We feel that it was very thoroughly searched.”

[...]

i.e. they know he's not there

I'm super confident they know what went down.

I can try and put myself in mom's shoes and say, it would be really hard to stay there knowing he's not there but then again, I wouldn't want to leave with the hopes that he would return and I wouldn't want him wondering where I was. Do we know if she really moved out or if she is just staying somewhere else right now? The later, I can somewhat understand.

I have not seen this posted so I will share in the 3 relevant Threads. Yesterday a body was discovered in Nebraska near the Pawnee Lake. The body has not yet been identified and no possible age or gender has been released. There are at least 3 possibilities that are being considered:

Xavior Harrelson went missing approximately 4 and 1/2 hours from the Lake. Ryan Larsen was last seen approximately 1 and 1/2 miles from this lake. Carly Schaaf went missing approximately 20 minutes from this lake.

According to a press conference given yesterday, the body was located in a wooded area just a few feet from a parking lot to the swimming area. The body could not be seen from the lake or parking lot. The body was covered up but they would not say what the body was covered up with.

Investigation underway after human remains found at Pawnee Lake
I was looking to see if this got posted. I doubt it is Xavior but it could be one of the other two. Thanks for posting.

I had to take a minute and gather my thoughts. They boil down to this:

I cannot make any excuses at all for why a parent would MOVE AWAY when their child is missing. You would have to physically remove me and then I'd sleep in my car in front of the house. I also cannot see any landlord making someone move when their child is missing. Now, I realize there are some heartless people out there, but I just can't see it happening in this small town and community.

I can try and put myself in mom's shoes and say, it would be really hard to stay there knowing he's not there but then again, I wouldn't want to leave with the hopes that he would return and I wouldn't want him wondering where I was. Do we know if she really moved out or if she is just staying somewhere else right now? The later, I can somewhat understand.
Maybe she was planning to move all along. MOO

I have faith that this investigative team will continue collecting evidence until the District Attorney is confident that they have a solid case.

Hopefully this will be soon. As long as it's sufficient solid evidence that will likely result in a conviction!

Justice for Xavior.

I have faith that this investigative team will continue collecting evidence until the District Attorney is confident that they have a solid case.

Hopefully this will be soon. As long as it's sufficient solid evidence that will likely result in a conviction!

Justice for Xavior.
Yes! Seems like there is a lot of investigative work going on behind the scenes.

So often, when the parents of a missing child are not upstanding professionals, they, and especially single mothers, are blamed for the disappearance of their children. It's as though the single mothers are down and out, and therefore easy targets. We saw it with Elizabeth and Lyric in Iowa, Tori Stafford in Ontario, Jessica Ridgeway in Colorado, and numerous others.

Although we know that the mother and missing son had an argument the evening before he vanished, we also know that arguments were so common that they were normal for them. For me, that means that the argument was not a reason for his disappearance. It might be a reason for him to spend some time alone, but not to disappear.

Pawnee Lake is near Lincoln and is about 60 miles from La Vista, where Ryan disappeared. Carly disappeared from Lincoln. News today is that the remains have been identified, but family asked for no announcement until tomorrow so they can notify other family members. My guess is Carly or someone else just based on proximity.

Autopsy of human remains found at Pawnee Lake completed, identity being withheld

There are at least 3 possibilities that are being considered:

Xavior Harrelson went missing approximately 4 and 1/2 hours from the Lake. Ryan Larsen was last seen approximately 1 and 1/2 miles from this lake. Carly Schaaf went missing approximately 20 minutes from this lake.
Investigation underway after human remains found at Pawnee Lake

What if Xavior had a secret place or friend offering refuge from arguments with his mom? What if Xavior did not share that person's name with his mom? What if that person encouraged him to challenge his mom into a bigger argument than usual? What if that gave Xavior the courage to take his life into his own hands and run away from home? That's a serious thought for a 10 year old, but everyone can succumb to "grass is greener."

There was discussion upthread about Xavior having someone like that in his life - a safe person to stay with when things were rough at home - "rough" according to the 10 year old child. It's quite possible that, although the arguments were loud, rather than politely quiet, it wasn't that bad.

His mother is an amputee, and I read upthread that she sometimes needed help with adjusting the prosthetic. That's a big responsibility, but so is taking out the garbage and cleaning a bedroom for a 10 year old. Daily showering is a debate with boys that age. I wouldn't put too much weight on the fact that the 10 year old was expected to help his parents; and his mom with mobility.

There is no shortage of criminals. Those willing to engage in criminality are a dime a dozen. From the little things, like shoplifting, or speeding, right on up to the big things, like rape, kidnapping or murder.

The idea that some good Samaritan is harboring Xavior, protecting him from the evils of his home life, is a possibility. However, in a circumstance such as this, that would be a criminal act in and of itself.

Harboring a child, aiding and abetting, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, kidnapping, and most likely other criminal charges unnamed.

I guess, hopefully, time will answer that question.

Xavior was seen in that trailer park on a Wednesday evening. It is my opinion he hasn't been seen since.

Some how he got out of that trailer park without anyone seeing it. So for me, that pretty much rules out daylight hours. Why would he disappear under cover of darkness, to not be seen again? Maybe he ran away, in to the Iowa prairie, fell in to an old well. Or maybe he's in an abandoned silo, or a shed on a remote farm. I guess these scenario's are possible, but my gut tells me otherwise.

Am I to believe he is safely squirreled away with an uncle frank, or aunt mary? or some other person who knew him?

Might he have been kidnapped for nefarious purposes, child trafficking and the like? I guess that's possible too.

Nada, negative, nope, not buyin' it. MOO, I think this ordeal involves criminality, coverup, and a young boy is likely deceased because of it.

Nada, negative, nope, not buyin' it. MOO, I think this ordeal involves criminality, coverup, and a young boy is likely deceased because of it.

Statistically, you're most likely right. If this were an adult, it would be easier to make that assertion because lack of normal trackable banking and travel activity is a good correlating factor indicating an adult is no longer with us. It's harder with a child, but as these indicators we've seen start stacking up, it just seems more likely that he's been disposed of. Time and time again.

JUN 12, 2021
After Two Weeks, No Xavior Harrelson, And Questions Begin To Mount - Oskaloosa News | Oskaloosa News (oskynews.org)
[...]

Summer vacation in a small town means neighborhoods normally come to life, but without knowing if there is a danger to others yet, the community is guarded.

“Well, the community is suffering, honestly. It’s never easy when anyone goes missing, says Montezuma Mayor Jacki Bolen. “Everyone is very concerned and honestly just scared for him.”

When it comes to being able to tell the community that she feels the community is still safe at this point, Bolen said, “I don’t know. I feel like that is something that would have to come from Sheriff Kriegel, the DCI. I guess not hearing that, that, you know, we need to be on the lookout, I guess one can assume that we’re safe. But, you know, assumptions aren’t always a good thing.

[...]

JUN 12, 2021
After Two Weeks, No Xavior Harrelson, And Questions Begin To Mount - Oskaloosa News | Oskaloosa News (oskynews.org)
[...]

Summer vacation in a small town means neighborhoods normally come to life, but without knowing if there is a danger to others yet, the community is guarded.

“Well, the community is suffering, honestly. It’s never easy when anyone goes missing, says Montezuma Mayor Jacki Bolen. “Everyone is very concerned and honestly just scared for him.”

When it comes to being able to tell the community that she feels the community is still safe at this point, Bolen said, “I don’t know. I feel like that is something that would have to come from Sheriff Kriegel, the DCI. I guess not hearing that, that, you know, we need to be on the lookout, I guess one can assume that we’re safe. But, you know, assumptions aren’t always a good thing.

[...]
bbm
The bolded makes it sound like LE do not think there's a random kidnapper who took Xavior.
But rather the answers are closer to home ?

There is no shortage of criminals. Those willing to engage in criminality are a dime a dozen. From the little things, like shoplifting, or speeding, right on up to the big things, like rape, kidnapping or murder.

The idea that some good Samaritan is harboring Xavior, protecting him from the evils of his home life, is a possibility. However, in a circumstance such as this, that would be a criminal act in and of itself.

Harboring a child, aiding and abetting, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, kidnapping, and most likely other criminal charges unnamed.

I guess, hopefully, time will answer that question.

Xavior was seen in that trailer park on a Wednesday evening. It is my opinion he hasn't been seen since.

Some how he got out of that trailer park without anyone seeing it. So for me, that pretty much rules out daylight hours. Why would he disappear under cover of darkness, to not be seen again? Maybe he ran away, in to the Iowa prairie, fell in to an old well. Or maybe he's in an abandoned silo, or a shed on a remote farm. I guess these scenario's are possible, but my gut tells me otherwise.

Am I to believe he is safely squirreled away with an uncle frank, or aunt mary? or some other person who knew him?

Might he have been kidnapped for nefarious purposes, child trafficking and the like? I guess that's possible too.

My gut tells me the same. I think Xavier is sadly gone at the hands of someone he knew well and one close to his home. The weekly loud arguments along with things his neighbors and teachers said depict a 10 year old with much weigh on his shoulders.

I know first hand and in my teenage years how hard a disabled parent can be on your whole world and I was never made to feel under-appreciated in any way by that parent. A teen has better coping skills, just by nature of age and brain development, than a 10 year old.

What a sweet and kind little boy Xavier's Mom had, God Bless him.

Assuming the mother had nothing to do with Xavior’s disappearance that’s not a bad move. It didn’t take long for suspicion to turn on her, she has a better chance of holding herself together somewhere the media won’t find her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokerhyme