ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Per the affidavit, the last murder happens at 4:17 am. The dog starts barking loudly at that time. By 4:20 am, BK is already back in the car. I think it's not unreasonable that the dog barking scared him and he knew he had to get out of there so he may have been in too much of a hurry to see DM. Given that K and M's last cell phone stuff happened at 2:52 am, I'm going to guess they were asleep, she thought K was playing with the dog but it might have been something else.
Other questions I have: Why wasn't the DD driver also targeted? The thing I don't get is that X (I'm assuming she's the last victim) doesn't scream for help, call 911, anything. Is she trying to protect her surviving roommates in her last moments so the killer doesn't know they're there?

According to his high school yearbook he wanted to be an Army Ranger. I don't know if he ever signed up but instead ended working as a security guard for a school district.

At WSU he reportedly applied for a Fall Internship with the local Police Department. I wonder if he wasn't accepted or if he changed his mind. Was the Professor's Assistant his second choice? According to some students it appeared he didn't want to be there.

He reportedly told the mechanic at the garage they took the car to in PA that he wanted to be a professor.

When did he give up his plans to join the military or become a police officer?
PhD funding / work usually includes working as a TA, as BK did. He would have probably had to do that along with any internship he acquired. With a PhD, he was probably preparing for future jobs in Academia. I have heard from students in his class (from TikTok -- I don't work at WSU) that he was a harsh grader and then started giving 100% grades without feedback after the murders. This is all from social media, cannot confirm, it's just what I've seen.

Post in thread 'ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53' ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

So I am asked how I think DNA on the sheath is a weak place.

Oh, I am positive it was his DNA. Question about how it got there and why nowhere else in the house given the (predicted) bloodless of the scene. Just one print.

First, the sheath could have been planted by the real killer who knew BK.

As to the rest... BK might have been waiting in the car near the house for his dealer, for example.

The witness who puts someone with "bushy eyebrows" on this place I would not consider reliable.

The car movements and the phone "behavior" are more reliable.
Did the real killer who knew BK also steal BK's car and cellphone?

I’m trying to clear something up in my head hoping someone can help…

So we now know DM’s bedroom was located on the 2nd floor also and not the 1st floor that was initially reported - is that correct?

If so, from the affidavit I would assume M and K were killed after E and X because of the following:

“The male walked past D.M. as she stood in a "frozen shock phase." The male walked towards the back sliding glass door. D.M. locked herself in her room after seeing the male. D.M. did not state that she recognized the male. This leads investigators to believe that the murderer left the scene.”

Reading this and looking at the floor plan, I’m assuming BK walked past DM as he was coming down the stairs from the 3rd floor and walked past her straight out the sliding door located on the 2nd floor.

Does that sound right? Sorry if it’s already been discussed.
Possibly, they seem to imply that the killer left after killing X, but it is not at all clear. Your interpretation is as good as any at this point, IMHO.

When did he give up alll the plans and decide to be a murderer?

I believe he already decided to move forward with a version of his desire for murder before he applied for the internship.

He may have fantasized about having access to his own crime scene and being able to be some sort of mastermind of it all. This likely countered his deep insecurities and social failures. He was smart and strong. He would show them. Etc.

But it didn’t work out that way, because of his depravity which his masks could not conceal.

I really have to ask… why on earth was he pulled over for so many traffic stops? Not just talking about the 2 in Indiana, I’m talking even before the murder. Is it normal to be pulled over that many times in the States? I’m in another country but even so I’ve had my licence for about 15 years and I drive almost daily and I’ve only been pulled over once and that was for a random breath test.
Stupidity?

And no, it's not uncommon to be pulled over or ticketed many times, especially if you are a reckless, inconsiderate driver like BK seems to be.

Had the vehicle gPS? I know we discussed the earlier models had it, in a way that sounded like it was sort of integral to the mechanism and ran whether you liked it or not, but had the 2015?
They were using a phone/map app in the traffic stop.

I think a big stumbling block a lot of people are having is trying to use logic for the actions of some unstable person who brutally killed 4 people in a short period of time. No one who does that is thinking clearly and logically no matter what. This was no professional hit man or killer with dozens of murders under his belt. Unless of course he is linked to other murders but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say these were his 1st kills.

This appears to be a very emotionally charged and motivated murder that three other random people got caught up with. I think he had one target in mind and then things got out of control very quickly. He wasn't expecting another person in the room, let alone two other people entering the situation. By the time he came across Dylan, the adrenaline was wearing off and the magnitude of what he did started to mess with him.

None of this was well thought out considering the mistakes he made. I'm willing to bet that he was in a certain amount of shock. His actions afterward seem to lead to a reaction to his screw-ups rather than a well thought out plan to kill one person and get away with it, let alone 4.

As a true crime junkie, I must disagree.

Unless he had a night of pure dumb luck, I fail to see how he could kill four people in under 20 minutes, and elude capture for weeks, without a lot of careful planning.

I was watching Court TV this eve. One of the crime expert guests was discussing how the tire imprints at the scene and the rubber on the road will be key in their analysis since the vehicle is now in LE possession.
It made me think of how I just saw on WS, I believe yesterday or earlier, the Carfax report on the Elantra where it had already been serviced, including I believe, a tire or tires, in Dec. I think this was in early Dec or back in PA.
Anyway, it makes me wonder if LE FBI was at the car place surveilling either BK or his Dad, whomever took car to be serviced, and then had to retrieve the old tire(s)? from the repair shop.

The Court TV guest had no idea that tire (s) were already changed/fixed. I only knew this from a WS person screenshotting the Carfax of the Elantra!

Last edited:
According to his high school yearbook he wanted to be an Army Ranger. I don't know if he ever signed up but instead ended working as a security guard for a school district.

At WSU he reportedly applied for a Fall Internship with the local Police Department. I wonder if he wasn't accepted or if he changed his mind. Was the Professor's Assistant his second choice? According to some students it appeared he didn't want to be there.

He reportedly told the mechanic at the garage they took the car to in PA that he wanted to be a professor.

Good questions but I'm glad none of his plans, past or future are going to be realized. IMO, as I'm aware he is innocent until we say he's guilty. OOPS meant to say proven guilty in a court of law.

I strongly disagree with this and the post immediately above this one. But it is fair game to speculate and certainly plausible.

I think the murderer was acting consistent with his worldview, in a way that showed planning and intellectual competency, and was fulfilling his desire to take lives. He understood right vs. wrong and was calculated in his approach.

What he did is a representation of who he is and what he believes, rather than an aberrant state brought on by environment or circumstances. It’s not externally rational, but I believe it was rational to him. I don’t think it was emotional or a crime of passion. The evidence will likely show that he planned it out for a long time and carried out his plan to the best of his abilities, all while holding a job and tending to his daily responsibilities, and that he took measured steps afterwards to conceal the crime.

My opinion only as well.
Someone can be deeply mentally ill and highly intelligent. Both can be true at the same time.

Stupidity?

And no, it's not uncommon to be pulled over or ticketed many times, especially if you are a reckless, inconsiderate driver like BK seems to be.
My dad has been pulled over more than anyone I know. He speeds and then goes slow in the left lane, falls asleep and hits things...I had to drive him around for a summer because he lost his license from getting so many tickets and had to take driver's ed again lol.

The question still lingering for me is …

What’s the motive??

I understand everything is ongoing and with the gag order may be hard to know until everything is over, but can’t help thinking what it was…

Other questions I have: Why wasn't the DD driver also targeted? The thing I don't get is that X (I'm assuming she's the last victim) doesn't scream for help, call 911, anything. Is she trying to protect her surviving roommates in her last moments so the killer doesn't know they're there?
I don't think he saw the DD driver. BK was driving in circles and seems to have returned from his latest loop about 4 minutes after that guy drove off.

I am unsurprised that BK would own this knife, particularly due to its military branding. His intense interest in criminology, law enforcement, security/policing may indicate a fetish of the field. A lot of fetishists collect or covet military and police style items, even if they themselves are not members of the military and/or LE. Huge, bizarre red flag.

I work in this field, and when I come across people who are extremely interested (literal hobbyists) without any service background themselves — you have to wonder why.

They either didn’t make the cut, or wouldn’t, or couldn’t… or (strangest, I think) want to be attached to the industry for the power, control, fetish and/or other wrong reasons.
This is an excellent post.

I wouldn't be surprised if an army recruiter or the police simply rejected him as the potential candidate. After all, both employ people who are armed, so something that raises concerns would be an immediate no.

Science? Well, this is the area that accepts lots and lots of mad geniuses. And the traits necessary for "adhering to social norms" are not necessarily the same that are required for writing brilliant grant applications.
I'm not sure about LE, but I do know that one must pass a psych exam before being accepted into the military.

Army Ranger? Whoa! I’m glad that never panned out. I understood he had an interest in law enforcement (as so many seem to have), and would be interested in the answer to your query.

The dialogue between he, his father, and the state trooper in one of the LE stops proved very telling IMO. They both exhibited oddly surrititious behavior and both extended a prevarication to the LEO during the exchange. That speaks volumes.

That type of blind arrogance can muddy one’s perception. It’s difficult to know or understand his thoughts or motives directly without him telling us. I’m sure that’s to come down the road, when he pens his bio. JMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx