ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the vehicle gPS? I know we discussed the earlier models had it, in a way that sounded like it was sort of integral to the mechanism and ran whether you liked it or not, but had the 2015?
They were using a phone/map app in the traffic stop.

The question still lingering for me is …

What’s the motive??

I understand everything is ongoing and with the gag order may be hard to know until everything is over, but can’t help thinking what it was…
IMO fascination with other stalker/killers and got so into it he did it himself.

Also, the sheath, the sheath, the sheath. I don't think it was left behind on accident, and I don't think its placement was accidental. Even if I'm wrong and it was dropped accidentally, it was most likely dropped when he first pulled out the blade, and I assume he went for his primary target(s) first.
Do killers purposely leave evidence behind? I can't think of any. Imo.

I’m absolutely NOT saying that this generation doesn’t understand that they need to call 911 in an emergency … I’m saying that this generation has been trained that staying hidden and silent is a way to avoid drawing attention to your location.

Edited for spelling
Let’s say one of the surviving girls on the first floor saw the attacker and then ran into her room and locked the door. Let’s say she didn’t want the attacker to hear her voice etc. She should have dialed 911 in her room, not say anything and hang up. That would alert the police to trace the call and send out officers to where the call came from right away.

Also if she saw this knife wielding man.
Why run back into your room, sit there do nothing. In addition to NOT calling the police and stay hidden for several hours? The survivors didn’t call police till noon that day.

It makes no sense if the surviving girls did what transcripts have alleged.

If you dial 911 and hang up without saying anything the police will trace your call within minutes if not seconds and automatically send police over to where the call came from.

Last edited:
I think a big stumbling block a lot of people are having is trying to use logic for the actions of some unstable person who brutally killed 4 people in a short period of time. No one who does that is thinking clearly and logically no matter what. This was no professional hit man or killer with dozens of murders under his belt. Unless of course he is linked to other murders but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say these were his 1st kills.

This appears to be a very emotionally charged and motivated murder that three other random people got caught up with. I think he had one target in mind and then things got out of control very quickly. He wasn't expecting another person in the room, let alone two other people entering the situation. By the time he came across Dylan, the adrenaline was wearing off and the magnitude of what he did started to mess with him.

None of this was well thought out considering the mistakes he made. I'm willing to bet that he was in a certain amount of shock. His actions afterward seem to lead to a reaction to his screw-ups rather than a well thought out plan to kill one person and get away with it, let alone 4.
I think that as well... and by the time he saw DM, he was like oh mannnn I'm not going thru THAT again.. and walked out LOL

According to his high school yearbook he wanted to be an Army Ranger. I don't know if he ever signed up but instead ended working as a security guard for a school district.

At WSU he reportedly applied for a Fall Internship with the local Police Department. I wonder if he wasn't accepted or if he changed his mind. Was the Professor's Assistant his second choice? According to some students it appeared he didn't want to be there.

He reportedly told the mechanic at the garage they took the car to in PA that he wanted to be a professor.

When did he give up his plans to join the military or become a police officer?
This made me think. JMO.
Motive-wise, could this be directed towards the LE? Maybe disgruntled for the rejection of the internship?
Thats all I've got, ATM. Any thoughts?
ETA: I'm so sorry @MsBetsy I did not mean to tangent from your post like that.

Last edited:
Since he made the remark about others being arrested, I’ve wondered if he had already outlined a plan for his defense which involves him neing present and someone else committing the crime, explaining that he was caught up in all of it due to his research. That being said, I think he’s 100% guilty, and you may have guessed his legal strategy.
Are you saying a possible defense is BK admitting he was an accomplice to multiple murder and having no proof to back it up?

I don't think that's going to happen. He may try a defense where he admits to being at the home before the murders for a party to explain evidence connecting him to it. It's not his car in the videos because there's no clear images of the license plate.

He can claim DNA on the sheath was planted by LE in a rush to judgement scenario where they needed it to make the arrest and solve the crime. JMO.

Dumb question:

Does anyone know if they can get GPS data for an individual device from Google via a search warrant?
Or can they only use the controversial Geo Fence warrant which acts as a dragnet?

Thank You

IMO the last page of the affidavit lists the order in which LE believes they were killed. Maddie, Kaylee, Xana then Ethan. The names are not listed alphabetically or other obvious order to me.
This would align with the sheath being found next to Maddie (first victim) and dm first hearing sounds upstairs. this would also align with (hopefully) Ethan stating he’s going to help her (Xana). And finally the loud thud heard from the security camera with Ethan collapsing as the last victim.

FBI does not have to disclose its investigations or operations. The affidavit gives a clear sense that the Idaho police thought this murderer was their guy and the only way to surveil him after he left Idaho was through the FBI. Before the FBI got checked in the 80s we never knew about all of the operations they did on citizens like MLKjr and others. So, I take their denial with a grain of salt. They say they didn't, anon sources say they did.... and magically a man suspected of being responsible for 4 horrific murders (with some good evidence that it was him before the DNA link as we found out today) was stopped twice (I am corrected that his license was run once), given no warnings or tickets but was then surveilled on his property not even 24 hours later. JMHO though.

Another random thought while I'm trying to work...

How [cognitively impaired] is BK with his phone management?!
"Uh, take it with me, then turn it off just as I leave to commit a crime, then turn it back on as I'm heading home..duh, I'm a GENIUS!! That criminology masters has really come in handy!" <beams with pride> :rolleyes:

All allegedly and MOO :D

The question still lingering for me is …

What’s the motive??

I understand everything is ongoing and with the gag order may be hard to know until everything is over, but can’t help thinking what it was…
My guess is obsession with/rejection by one of the female victims, and the other victims were not planned. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member