ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, was there another reason he was in that particular neighborhood previous to the murders?
I doubt it. Sounds like he was out hunting for potential victims and the perfect house. He may have stalked them for a few days before the murders, watching them come in and out and observing them through the windows.

He wasn't seen in the area that night until after the surviving roommates returned around one, was he? I wonder if he arrived too late to see them come home and didn't realize they were there.

That’s simply not true. I’m WA you must register your car within 30 days. He didn’t. Check previous posts for confirmation.
If you are a college student do you register it in another state if you consider your primary residence your parent’s home? Probably a stupid question. It seemed odd that his dad drove to PA with him.

Just looked up Idaho laws (not my state)
Wow - 2.5 inches open or 4 inches concealed in public places
Can't conceal anything over 4 inches
Over 4 inches if you are a licensed hunter, chef, fisherman, butcher, officer, army
not in vehicles or when drunk

TIL there is such a thing as knife law.
Makes sense, but I’d really never thought of it.

Maybe the 12 other visits to the house was him trying to make it seem like he was a regular in the area or had a friend nearby so enough ppl would maybe see his car then discount it as one they've seen before in the neighborhood and not be suspicious.

Nah, I think it's pretty evident right now he was stalking his prey. This started in August. If he was trying to blend in I think he'd show up more often than 12 times.

A former university professor of Bryan Kohberger said the accused killer was “one of my best students, ever” — and that the then-master’s candidate was one of only two students she has recommended to a Ph.D. program.

Michelle Bolger, 33, an associate professor at DeSales University in Pennsylvania, told the Daily Mail that Kohberger, who was arrested in the murders of four University of Idaho students, was a “great writer” and “brilliant student.”

“In my 10 years of teaching, I’ve only recommended two students to a Ph.D. program and he was one of them. He was one of my best students, ever.

Source

Now, there are book smarts and street smarts. And even intelligent people can do idiotic things.

In my opinion this just shows that he was effective at manipulating people. His academic work is objectively meaningless and well below standards expected of someone who would actually go on to complete the degree program he was enrolled in. I have no doubt that he could mask as highly intelligent. Perhaps he is also that. But based on his behavior and everything we have seen from his work and his past experience shows that he was a sub-par academic.

He thinks he is smart and he was good at convincing other people that he is smart. If they didn’t think so, he would criticize them or bully them which we heard from anecdotes.

It’s part of a pattern he may have shown of projecting over his insecurities. The unsettling truth is that I suspect he was a wolf in sheep’s clothing all along. If he was highly intelligent, it doesn’t show here or in his work that is publicly accessible. The professor thought he could be something more. They were wrong.

That’s simply not true. I’m WA you must register your car within 30 days. He didn’t. Check previous posts for confirmation.
I think most States have that requirement but exempt temporary residents like college students and there is NOTHING that I have ever heard of that tracks to make sure you do it either. So you could move to another State and register after 6 months and say you just moved.

Washington exempts college students too.

I'm sure not everything DM saw and recounted to LE is in that PCA. LE doesn't included everything, just enough to convince a judge of probably cause.

All I can think of DM's experience is she was, in her mind, prey and a predator was approaching. I real think it came down to her brain saying freeze, don't move, if you move, you die. It's just terrifying to think about. BK could well have seen her but not seen her, possibly because of his state of mind.

It sounds like, according to what we know from DM's accounting that we've been told, that she was woken around 4am to the noise from Kaylee and Maddie's murders. Shortly after noises from Xana's bedroom area. I think BK may have heard the Door Dash exchange activity and the in coming downstairs he saw Xana was up so went to that bedroom, maybe thinking, oh no did she hear me?

DM hears those murders and then the confrontation, her mind tells her, just don't move. It's so visceral.

Why doesn't her mind, after locking her door in probably choking fear and confusion, convince her to call 911? That is a question but I'm not going to judge because at her young age and not knowing her personality or history, it's impossible to know how her mind would cope in that situation.

That young woman is lucky and blessed to be alive. When BK is finally put on trial the public will know DM's full experience I'm sure. She'll mostly likely never let it go...ever </3
AJMO
Yes indeed. She survived. Thank goodness!

My latest THEORY, FWIW. Keep in mind we all KNOW what happened. She doesn’t and she just wants to go to bed.

The only thing i can come up with is she thought maybe Maddie was about to be raped or maybe Kaylee was? (The crying)
and Ethan rescued whichever girl was about to be raped? and the all clad in black stranger took off, so she went to bed around 5am thinking good riddens! I don’t think she WANTED to be hysterical.

Maybe she didn’t ALLOW her mind to go to my friends maybe all got murdered and that’s what i just heard and the killer just walked past me. Maybe that seemed like a ridiculous silly hysterical possibility?? Maybe she thought No way! too 1996 Scream like! that’s not what i heard. I didn’t hear a gun or see an ax or chainsaw. Maybe She calmed herself “Dylan, don’t be ridiculous.” She goes to bed.

She slept until 11am and doesn’t hear a peep. Wakes up and wants to talk to them about what happened (the guy Ethan rescued Maddie or Kaylee from) now that it’s mid morning, but no one is awake. She Realizes their bedroom doors are locked and no one is answering.

NOW she’s starting to panic thinking oh my gosh a lot more may have happened!!! She calls friends tells them what happened at 4am & asks them to come over. they say we don’t KNOW they are dead. Just call and say unconscious

I REALLY feel bad for this girl. :(

I can not tell you how many times I've carried on a conversation "in my sleep".
I've answered the phone in my sleep and carried on conversations, and went right back to sleep. A bunch of time's, I don't even remember it, until someone or something reminds me that it happened. I can see this happening in a party house, getting woke up by people speaking, or making noises, and go right back to sleep.

The sheath was next to M; it is possible that he dropped it on the bed when he began, with the intention of picking it up afterward. However, in the course of events it ended up underneath her. He couldn't find it quickly and he had a timeline, there was blood-soaked bedding to contend with, he didn't want to turn on the lights and get down on the floor to look for it, etc, so he reluctantly left it. If M was fatally injured but not yet deceased, she could have shifted position slightly after he left such that the sheath was visible again to LE in daylight.

They didn't directly say it was the earliest, but August is the earliest time noted in the PCA. All the other references to him driving in the area are after August.
Where does it state that all the other times were after August? From what I see, only 2 occasions, out of the 12 found, are listed in the PCA; the August 21st date and the November 13th date.

To find the first time his phone pinged near the King Rd house, you'd have to factor in when he moved to Pullman. Therefore, it'd be more accurate to say those 12 occasions were between [the date he took residency in Pullman] and the date of the murders. JMO

Reactions: IDK
Car experts, what information can LE get off of a 2015 Elantra if they do a computer diagnostic test? Is there a way to show where it's been?
I have a 2014 Elantra. It has GPS standard where I can easily pull up old trips I have taken.

Elantras also come with free 2 year BlueLink service. This can do all sorts of location searches and car service info. If the subscription expired, I think there may he a way that LE could reactivate and find past data.

This is why I would like to know if the sheath was clean of other dna. IDK if you can you lift dna off leather? prints?
Seems like he would have realized he left it when he went to hide the knife itself (on his body or in his clothing) when he left. It’s like leaving a restaurant with my phone and not my purse. It doesn’t happen. I always put my phone in my purse so I’d either leave the purse and phone on accident but never just the purse - if that makes sense.

Was he eligible to purchase one in WA? Can you purchase one in ID with a PA or WA ID? I have no idea about gun laws. He would have had to get one on the black market so his name wasn't connected to it. But to me he wanted to emulate other stalker/murderers who used knives.
You don't need a license to buy a gun in PA. You do need a license to carry a concealed weapon but anyone can buy a gun.

Car experts, what information can LE get off of a 2015 Elantra if they do a computer diagnostic test? Is there a way to show where it's been?

If I remember correctly, it was after 2013 that Hyundai added the blue link system which would have been available for the sport version and standard on the limited version but not available on the SE.

The cell data is based on towers. There are only 3 or 4 cell towers in Moscow. All it means it that his vehicle was in the vicinity of the tower which was closest to their home. He could have been staking out other homes in the general area. There were lots of students living in the area.
If the cell near me was pinged, it could have been up to 5,000 people, which is alot.
5G requires a lot of towers.

Source The "Map"

Here a map of Moscow towers
1672987387020.png1672987387020.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics