ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen that too, and I didn't get that from reading the AA. I think it leads us to believe one of KG/MM were the targets (perhaps even both) but I don't think the AA clearly gives us evidence MM was target.

My opinion of sequence of events:

4am~ doordash for Xana

4:04am he is seen parking. Leads me to believe earliest he is in the house is closer to 4:05/06am.

He heads upstairs first.

When DM is awoken "around 4" thinking she hears Kaylee playing with dogs - it's actually the attack/murders of MM/KG happening.

BK heads down stairs somewhere around or after 4:12am (probably closer to 4:17) since we know Xana was still using TikTok up until this time.

IMO Xana was up and heard something which makes her leave her room or perhaps was even just going back and forth to the kitchen to discard her doordash trash.

She sees/hears BK coming down the stairs and this is when DM hears someone say "there's someone here"

I think BK felt he had to kill her now.

I think the biggest question mark for me is the killing of X/E. Im beginning to think Ethan was probably asleep during most of this.
BK sees Xana goes to attack her and she bolts back towards the room (hence the AA making it seem like her body was more likely in the door frame or right at entrance).

In the midst of that attack Ethan wakes up and the killer obviously focuses his attention on Ethan. Kills Ethan, but Xana is still alive "whimpering/crying"

This is when BK says "don't worry I'll help you" that DM hears. I think he probably "finished her off" at this point. (As gross as that was to type).

The murders/attack of X/E happen at the 4:17am mark of when the neighbors cameras pick up the noise closest to Xana's room.

Also the direction the killer comes from in order to be able to "walk past" DM is obviously more so from the direction of Xanas room and not the upstairs.

Then at 4:20 car is seen leaving.

Nothing in the AA shows me or hints to me who exactly between M/K were targets. But I'd be interested to hear actual opinions/evidence that lead people to believe MM target.
Spot on

Authorities haven’t found any receipts for BK purchasing the knife yet. Maybe he bought it at a pawn shop or gun show and paid cash. I’ve even seen people sell knives and guns at estate sales and garage sales. He could have purchased it anywhere between Pennsylvania and Idaho too.
Yes I’m going with vintage

I've seen that too, and I didn't get that from reading the AA. I think it leads us to believe one of KG/MM were the targets (perhaps even both) but I don't think the AA clearly gives us evidence MM was target.

4am~ doordash for Xana

4:04am he is seen parking. Leads me to believe earliest he is in the house is closer to 4:05/06am.

He heads upstairs first.

When DM is awoken "around 4" thinking she hears Kaylee playing with dogs - it's actually the attack/murders of MM/KG happening.

BK heads down stairs somewhere around or after 4:12am (probably closer to 4:17) since we know Xana was still using TikTok up until this time.

IMO Xana was up and heard something which makes her leave her room or perhaps was even just going back and forth to the kitchen to discard her doordash trash.

She sees/hears BK coming down the stairs and this is when DM hears someone say "there's someone here"

I think the biggest question mark for me is the killing of X/E. Im beginning to think Ethan was probably asleep during most of this.
BK sees Xana goes to attack her and she bolts back towards the room (hence the AA making it seem like her body was more likely in the door frame or right at entrance).

In the midst of that attack Ethan wakes up and the killer obviously focuses his attention on Ethan. Kills Ethan, but Xana is still alive "whimpering/crying"

This is when BK says "don't worry I'll help you" that DM hears. I think he probably "finished her off" at this point. (As gross as that was to type).

The murders/attack of X/E happen at the 4:17am mark of when the neighbors cameras pick up the noise closest to Xana's room.

Also the direction the killer comes from in order to be able to "walk past" DM is obviously more so from the direction of Xanas room and not the upstairs.

Nothing in the AA shows me or hints to me who exactly between M/K were targets. But I'd be interested to hear actual opinions/evidence that lead people to believe MM target.
I am guessing because the knife sheath was found near her body which would indicate that she was the first person attacked. I would imagine it came loose when he initially unsheathed the knife.

But I feel like the police must have more evidence regarding motive and who the target (if there even was one) is.

Unless he had it attached to his belt and it came undone and dropped off in the attack.
The sheath for a k bar is thick leather loop...I don't think it comes off easily unless the belt is undone and I think it is usually on the belt past a loop on the pants so even more difficult to just fall off. The snap holds the knife in the sheath. JMO as I do not own one.

• MM seems to have been the target and attacked first. BK had scoped out that residence numerous times before. Perhaps, he went more frequently in the days leading up to the murders and never saw KG there so likely did not expect her to be there. From his observation, it might have looked like a vacated room. He also wouldn’t have expected EC to be there unless he regularly stayed there.
  • Since Murphy was in KG’s old room, it is possible that KG was sleeping in her old room but awoke at the sound of MM being attacked and went in there. Also explaining why her wounds were purported to have been very different and worse compared to MM.

MOO
I'm curious as to why you believe MM was the target? I've seen more than one person reach that conclusion. Personally, I think he attacked the person he encountered first. That would be the most logical thing to do. To my tired old eyes, MM and KG are remarkably similar in appearance. IMO, at a distance, someone who did not know the girls would have a difficult time distinguishing one from the other.

Also, you mention KG's old room. Which room was her "new room?" To my knowledge, the only available room was on the bottom floor, perpendicular to the front door.

4am~ doordash for Xana

He heads upstairs first.

This make complete sense! Thank you

They're pre-emptively covering their bases, because the defense will use this as it not being him.

They're stating their belief he is there based on history, timeline of his vehicle, and the following pings.
I think they should not have stated anything about not believing the phone was in the area at that time in the PCA. I think they should have shared just the info, minus the opinion, and let it be dealt with a trial. I'm sure the defense will be working in putting together alibis for every time the phone pinged close to the Victim's house and if they presented an alibi for that particular ping, then so be it.

MOO

4am~ doordash for Xana

He heads upstairs first.

Excellent sequence post, I think this is the closest fit in my mind as well (for now)

I had been waiting for the thread to open to post this!

They can easily get his DNA from his apartment, or his parents house, and now that he's arrested, I'm sure they took his DNA. But I worry that he may have wiped away any DNA from the victims.

Re hypoallergenic dogs. I have a Maltese. He does not shed.
No shedding, but there’s always something. And wiping away DNA is not as easy as it used to be.

I have a question! It may have been answered already but it says on page 16 of the affidavit "investigators found that the 8458 phone did connect to a cell phone tower that provides service to Moscow on November 14th, 2022, but investigators do not believe the 8458 phone was in Moscow on that date."
Why is that? What would make them say that and how would that be possible?

Phones can sometimes hit towers that are very far from their actual location for a multitude of reasons. The ping information returned from the towers basically has a signal strength aspect to it. It seem likely this number showed a weak signal leading them to believe the phone was not close to the tower as if it was physically in the immediate area. MOO.

I'm curious as to why you believe MM was the target? I've seen more than one person reach that conclusion. Personally, I think he attacked the person he encountered first. That would be the most logical thing to do. To my tired old eyes, MM and KG are remarkably similar in appearance. IMO, at a distance, someone who did not know the girls would have a difficult time distinguishing one from the other.

Also, you mention KG's old room. Which room was her "new room?" To my knowledge, the only available room was on the bottom floor, perpendicular to the front door.
Kaylee didn’t have a new room. She was visiting and was to graduate in December so she was basically done with school.

4am~ doordash for Xana

He heads upstairs first.

My timeline is very similar but I have him upstairs at 4:08-4:12 and downstairs at 4:12-4:17 which is 9 minutes in the house. JMO from reading the AA.

Forgive my ignorance but XK’s dad said she had bruises from the knife. Surely, it takes a while for bruises to form? (Correct me if wrong) so while she was bleeding out the bruises formed? Because I’ve never had a bruise form instantly before? Or is it different with knives/dying?

Last edited:
Thinkers often fail due to false assumptions.

BK and his “big brain” knew in advance that his car would be recorded in the neighborhood. He thought he was being clever by avoiding going back to his home westerly for 9 minutes. Instead, he went south and then north for an hour. He thought the local police wouldn’t have the resources to trace the route. He didn’t count on 62 FBI agents.

BK brought the knife sheath because he wanted to avoid the risk of cutting himself. He assumed the long sheath would stay in his pocket. He failed to put it on his belt (too clumsy) or at least tie the sheath to his belt with a shoe lace.
Too true. He thought perhaps that this was small town police. The PCA seemed to draw that out - it states that he wrote in his application about rural law enforcement agencies, and no doubt his studies told him that this kind of police service lacked knowledge and skills to find him. Sorry if already mentioned!

Disposal of weapon and other clothing? I am not sure if this has been discussed or sleuthed...I haven't read through the last 2 threads.

They have him on video leaving the scene at 4:20. His phone turns back on at 4:48 near 95 south near Blaine Idaho. That is 28 minutes. It only takes about 10 minutes to drive from crime scene to Blaine Idaho area if he were to take 95 south.

My guess is he took a little detour somewhere on rural roads, that he scoped out earlier, to dump murder weapon and anything else.....before turning his phone back on at 4:48.

From 4:50 to 5:30 he travels south toward Genesee and then west towards Uniontown and North to his apartment. That is consistent with total drive time and no time for stop off to dispose of the weapon. JMO

Well...now that you ask. Maybe it's not that I think she was necessarily the target, but I do think she was first. I would assume she was the target if she was first, but maybe not.

I said KG's old room because she had moved out. She was only visiting that weekend to show MM her new car.

"You got to remember these two girls were so upset that when they went outside after seeing this ... one passed out," he said. "And the other one was so hyperventilating that the message wasn’t clear enough for the operator."

JMO

I wonder if the roommate who passed out was DM? If it was then it would seem even more plausible that she may have also fainted shortly after encountering the killer. Not able to call 911.

Interesting, KA-BAR company says the sheath was for a 7” utility knife “traditionally used as a tool”
I believe that’s the same size as mine. I bought mine at gun show, used cash because I wasn’t comfortable using my cc. I carry mine hiking and sometimes in the barn (mostly pocket knife in barn) I like the balance and feel of it compared to other knives I’ve handled. FWIW 48yo WF with farm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl