ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive my ignorance but XK’s dad said she had bruises from the knife. Surely, it takes a while for bruises to form? (Correct me if wrong) so while she was bleeding out the bruises formed? Because I’ve never had a bruise form instantly before? Or is it different with knives/dying?
Yes. Contusions do appear postmortem.

SG makes it sound as though both girls had seen the bodies. It was always my understanding that it was the first officer on scene that made the discoveries.

No matter how you look at it, those poor girls are going to be traumatized for life. PTSD, at its finest :oops:. I hope they are able to find a way to block this memory and move forward with their lives.
He could be regurgitating rumors he's read online. Who knows?

At this point, I am not really interested in the nitty gritty details of every minute he spent in the house, nor why the 911 call was made late the next day. I don't think any more insights can be gleaned based on what was in the affadavit

The things that interest me probably aren't going to come out until there is a trial, and may not even come out in the trial, such as:

- more information from people who knew him, from childhood through the time around the murders
- his digital life - social media, internet searches, cell phone data, etc., to get a window into his mind
- prime motivation for the crime (who was targeted, why)
- any previous history of stalking or any criminal behavior
- any possible mental health conditions/diagnoses,
- substance use history
- how did he first encounter these victims, if he did; did he stalk them, follow on social media, etc.
- what did he do after the murder, disposal of clothing, knife, etc.

I hope the prosecutors dot every "I" and cross every "t" so they have an air tight case that is impervious to a strong defense. I hope they have way more information than what was in the affadavit, and that they are receiving even more from people who knew him or who may have encountered him that can help make the case stronger.

I hope we don't have to wait years for this to go to trial. I hope it is live-streamed but I think that is doubtful. I hope that they don't do anything that would give BK a chance to commit suicide before the trial (I don't have the sense that he would do that, but you never know- people with a strong need for control might decide they're better off dead rather than letting a jury make the decision for them).

I was thinking the same but more so that BK knew he couldn’t get to her if she was behind her door that he didn’t know the passcode to. They had passcode working doors
. Maybe he knew MM and XK’s codes but not DM’s?… somehow
I don't even think K & M would have locked their doors, at least on this night. They were on the 3rd floor (probably the safest floor in the house) and the night was pretty much over. JMO

And I can totally picture X's door being unlocked, because she had just gotten done eating her DD delivery.

All my opinion

I've seen that too, and I didn't get that from reading the AA. I think it leads us to believe one of KG/MM were the targets (perhaps even both) but I don't think the AA clearly gives us evidence MM was target.

My opinion of sequence of events:

4am~ doordash for Xana

4:04am he is seen parking. Leads me to believe earliest he is in the house is closer to 4:05/06am.

He heads upstairs first.

When DM is awoken "around 4" thinking she hears Kaylee playing with dogs - it's actually the attack/murders of MM/KG happening.

BK heads down stairs somewhere around or after 4:12am (probably closer to 4:17) since we know Xana was still using TikTok up until this time.

IMO Xana was up and heard something which makes her leave her room or perhaps was even just going back and forth to the kitchen to discard her doordash trash.

She sees/hears BK coming down the stairs and this is when DM hears someone say "there's someone here"

I think BK felt he had to kill her now.

I think the biggest question mark for me is the killing of X/E. Im beginning to think Ethan was probably asleep during most of this.
BK sees Xana goes to attack her and she bolts back towards the room (hence the AA making it seem like her body was more likely in the door frame or right at entrance).

In the midst of that attack Ethan wakes up and the killer obviously focuses his attention on Ethan. Kills Ethan, but Xana is still alive "whimpering/crying"

This is when BK says "don't worry I'll help you" that DM hears. I think he probably "finished her off" at this point. (As gross as that was to type).

The murders/attack of X/E happen at the 4:17am mark of when the neighbors cameras pick up the noise closest to Xana's room.

Also the direction the killer comes from in order to be able to "walk past" DM is obviously more so from the direction of Xanas room and not the upstairs.

Then at 4:20 car is seen leaving.

Nothing in the AA shows me or hints to me who exactly between M/K were targets. But I'd be interested to hear actual opinions/evidence that lead people to believe MM target.
I agree too, except that I think that by the time that DM was aware of noise from above, perhaps MM had already been attacked and was killed by that point. DM perhaps overheard KG being attacked only, rather than them both, or KG getting up to confront a person, while the dog is also agitated which is why it sounded like KG playing with her dog. Perhaps KG was also atttacked by this point, and what DM heard was the perp putting the dog into the room or trying to regroup.

This is likely IMO the reason why KG is found in the same room as MM, as the confrontation by KG took place in the hallway between the two third floor rooms, and then moved into MM's bedroom. Also, this interruption by KG also could have meant that the sheath was left behind as the perp was distracted or pushed off his initial quiet plan by her intrusion. KG was not even meant to be there - I understand KG had already moved out by that point and was only back for a short time that night to spend time with her friends.

I believe IMO that MM was the main target (and perhaps also potentially only for a sexual assault or similar offence against the person).

MOO and speculation.

Any thoughts on why BK passed Loma,Colorado on the way back to PA? It is not on the shortest route

Weather and scenery. The more I think about it, the more I think it was mostly weather (although since he probably knew he would be tracked or followed, heading due east would have been the most predictable thing to do).

He probably thought he could just look in his rear view mirror and tell whether or not LE was following him. At any rate, that southern route out of Idaho has spectacular scenery. I wonder if Dad could enjoy it, or whether Dad was wondering what's up with the kid?

I am waiting to learn more about all the tips the police received from the public. The affidavit is pretty clean about this, meaning that the information in the affidavit is clearly tied to police activity and witnesses and nothing really about calls the public may have made.

Some of the questions I am looking for would be related to neighbors, classmates and professors having called in their suspicions. We have seen media reports about some of this including he cleaned his car, wore gloves, didn't shave, graded differently, etc. I am curious as to how many of these people who talked to the media after the fact actually called police before. I suspect most. With the thousands and thousands of tips they said they had received, how much did BK rise to the top on these tips? And what else is out there?
Reading your post about how he graded differently after the murders (he was easier on them) made me wonder if prior to the murders he was really wound up tight, and then after he finally performed the murders (I say finally because he stalked them for a while before the horrendous act) he was more relaxed. Like the weight of the devil sitting on one shoulder saying "Do it!!" was finally lifted. Or it could simply be preoccupation with reliving that night over and over in his mind and just not wanting to give the job of grading much time, thought, or effort. :(

and started grading leniently following the murders of the four University of Idaho students.

“Definitely around then, he started grading everybody just 100s. Pretty much if you turned something in, you were getting high marks,” Washington State University student Hayden Stinchfield told CNN’s Erin Burnett Monday night.

I know, I know, it's the NYP, but it was the quickest search result I found: Bryan Kohberger ‘seemed preoccupied’ after Idaho murders: former student

SG makes it sound as though both girls had seen the bodies. It was always my understanding that it was the first officer on scene that made the discoveries.

No matter how you look at it, those poor girls are going to be traumatized for life. PTSD, at its finest :oops:. I hope they are able to find a way to block this memory and move forward with their lives.
I mean they could have seen the bodies but couldn't articulate what they saw because of the fear and pass outed because it was definitely gory for sure. So not surprising one is hyperventilating and the other passed out once they got outside.

<modsnip: quoted post removed> Somebody else might have replied by now because it's taken me a while to look up the link I needed, to corroborate a possible explanation.

In the Chase Merritt trial, an FBI special agent testified that sometimes a cell phone might connect with a phone tower a long distance away from where the phone is located. It's known as a flyer.

I imagine the rest of the cell phone data on the 14th didn't corroborate the phone being in Moscow. I think he was being thorough by explaining all the cell phone data that came back with that location, in the probable cause affidavit. JMO

The relevant part of the agent's testimony can be listened to from roughly 13 minutes into this recording

Last edited by a moderator:
Same. I think Maddie first bc of the knife sheath and then Kaylee ran into Maddie’s room and he attacked her more aggressively and tossed her on that bed while doing so. That made him forget about setting the knife sheath down as Kaylee was unplanned for him. The only part is how the dog was shut into Kaylee’s room with zero blood/evidence on him.
Perhaps the dog was crated.

Knowing the car could be cleaned of victim dna, why wouldn’t they stop him at this point -arrest him- and then impound the car so nothing in ir on it would be disturbed?
It’s my understanding that although the car may be cleaned of visible blood, stains, etc, microscopic evidence would remain and would still be visible during forensic inspection while using special chemicals, lighting etc. Also, it appears that when BK was cleaning his car in PA he was under FBI /LE surveillance but an arrest warrant was not in place yet.

I know that they have his DNA but I am just wondering how effective his cleaning methods really are. The fact that he is cleaning so thoroughly and tossing waste in his neighbor's trash is strange.
<modsnip: rumors> But some of the things he did make no sense. So I'm thinking smart but with no common sense. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn’t Elizabeth Smart’s sister see her taken at knife point and also wait until the next morning to do anything? <modsnip> perhaps DM shouted something along the lines of ‘shut up the f up’ thinking it was Ethan making the noise and that spooked BK which I can see as plausible. I wonder if BK knew the passcodes to MM and XK’s rooms but not the others, which is why he left DM behind her door. Maybe he’d heard through word of mouth, as it was a well-known party house. MOO JMO JMVHO
Or maybe BK didn't see her at all? Imo.

It would be interesting to find out if authorities talked to the doordash driver to find out if they remember seeing BK’s car since they delivered the food close to the time before the murders took place.
IMO, he was the source of the original tip regarding the white Hyundai Elantra. BK was driving up and down the street, pulling up to try to park, making tree point turns etc. it is more than likely he was spotted by the DD driver. Were I to be out delivering food at 4:00AM in the morning IMO I think I might take notice of a vehicle driving like that around the area, just situational awarenss. Their arrivals at 1122 King were so close together.

If he'd been casing the house on his 12 forays to the area he may have figured out which car was KG's. When it wasn't there, he may have thought she wasn't there either, not even considering the RR was her's.
But she just got her car, a week or so prior to the murders, or so I thought. Moo

Well we know the police were not there at 9a.m or else BK would have seen them there when he returned to the scene, as stated in the PCA

Maybe he did see them? How do we know he didn’t?

Reading your post about how he graded differently after the murders (he was easier on them) made me wonder if prior to the murders he was really wound up tight, and then after he finally performed the murders (I say finally because he stalked them for a while before the horrendous act) he was more relaxed. Like the weight of the devil sitting on one shoulder saying "Do it!!" was finally lifted. Or it could simply be preoccupation with reliving that night over and over in his mind and just not wanting to give the job of grading much time, thought, or effort. :(

and started grading leniently following the murders of the four University of Idaho students.

“Definitely around then, he started grading everybody just 100s. Pretty much if you turned something in, you were getting high marks,” Washington State University student Hayden Stinchfield told CNN’s Erin Burnett Monday night.

I know, I know, it's the NYP, but it was the quickest search result I found: Bryan Kohberger ‘seemed preoccupied’ after Idaho murders: former student
Very interesting thoughts. I just now received a text from a family member about how they are worried about a witness statement they submitted to police being discovered by the violent criminal they reported and that discovery putting them at risk. I had wondered why so many people in Moscow seemed to be relatively quiet with the media about their concerns and assumed it was police urging caution to not disrupt the case, but they were likely frightened by being stalked by a killer themselves. Perhaps when people feel safe, more information will be revealed.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member