ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. So, if male was coming from X's room then it could be speculated that maybe light emanated from X's room or bathroom and that's how DM was able to "see" that the male had bushy eyebrows. If the house was dark, how could DM see?
I’ve wondered the same thing, light from the bathroom or kitchen maybe?
Also, was her room dark or did she bring light into the little hallway with her when she opened her door?

JMO

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I was googling the date this happened and it seems the original Amityville murders took place on the same date - 13th November in 1974. Coincidence maybe?

Perhaps DM did not here K with the dog but just dog. As for dog barking on audio at 4.17am, that imo, could have been in reaction to thump recorded on same audio. Hopefully timeline will become clearer as more evidence is revealed.
I think the dog started barking due to the thud, too. DM's room was under K's, so maybe she just couldn't hear the activity in M's room, but it doesn't seem the dog was barking then. I would think X and E could hear M's room, though. And maybe that's what made X say "there's someone here." IDK. Lots of ways this could go.

I wonder if killer murdered K&M between 3:15am and 3:45am and then returned to house a little after 4:06am to get the knife sheath left on M's bed. Upon entering via kitchen, killer realized X was awake and the murder of X&E happened. I wonder if D opening D's bedroom door (2nd floor "spare" bedroom) caused killer to leave house and not go back upstairs to get sheath. This could explain Elantra on the highway Pullman and Moscow at 2:53AM, Elantra being in King Road neighborhood at 3:29am, and Elantra being spotted at 1122 King Road at around 4:05AM, then Elantra speeding away from King Road at around 4:20am.

Why do you think he returned to the crime scene around 9-9:30 a.m the morning of the murders?
Remember, the 911 call didn't come until noon.
tha AA revealed that BK was tracked traveling back to the house the morning after the murders and his phone records show his phone being present at the address circa 9:30Am Nov 13th, right?

I wonder too about the sheath and also asked the same question. Reply post here said that they think that he would think/know that was too risky in broad daylight so might have actually been, instead, there out of curiosity. Citing that he may have been looking online for local news to break about the horrific murders and there was no news so he drove over to see what was happening. MOO

Last edited:
What if the confusion has to do with the car. In affidavit they put a lot about the car on video and trying to tie it to the phone pings. They refer to it as suspect vehicle 1. Like there’s more than 1.

Maybe all of the time airings are two different white cars! Probably reaching here
I took it as the suspect’s vehicle, not a suspect vehicle. I was thinking he might have driven another vehicle when he was in PA. Perhaps his Mom or Dad’s car to get groceries or coffee during his stay and that car is suspect vehicle 2.

I wonder if killer murdered K&M between 3:15am and 3:45am and then returned to house a little after 4:06am to get the knife sheath left on M's bed. Upon entering via kitchen, killer realized X was awake and the murder of X&E happened. I wonder if D opening D's bedroom door (2nd floor "spare" bedroom) caused killer to leave house and not go back upstairs to get sheath. This could explain Elantra on the highway Pullman and Moscow at 2:53AM, Elantra being in King Road neighborhood at 3:29am, and Elantra being spotted at 1122 King Road at around 4:05AM, then Elantra speeding away from King Road at around 4:20am.
That's a scenario I have been posting on except that if he was there earlier he was in his vehicle drivebying the house by 3.29, so earlier egress would have had to be before then.

Okay. So, if male was coming from X's room then it could be speculated that maybe light emanated from X's room or bathroom and that's how DM was able to "see" that the male had bushy eyebrows. If the house was dark, how could DM see?
Perhaps the indoor "party lights' that the roommates had decorated in lounge/TV room along with Good Vibes sign were on in which it would give D a enough light to catch glimpse of killer. Appears that exterior 2nd floor kitchen patio party lights were on as well. If DoorDash delivery was a norm very late at night, I would think front door light was kept on as well or maybe it was a sensor movement front door light?

I wonder if he knocked on some victim’s doors, and that’s why DM heard KG/XK say ‘there’s someone here’. Maybe they opened their doors thinking it was a room mate but it was actually BK MOO JMO
I wondered how he got in the rooms too.
Unless maddies door was already open. I wondered if he knocked on xanas door, she opened it, he stabbed her and she fell to the floor (loud thud) and according to the affidavit, I took it that she was found on the floor at the entrance ( as police man said he could see her body as he was walking down the corridor so I presumed it was at the entrance
It seemed to me that Ethan was still in the bed? Which also means the “drips” that can be seen from outside would have been Ethan’s blood.

"The notorious BTK serial killer is pouring cold water on the idea -- floated by his own daughter -- that he has a link to Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger."

I’ve wondered the same thing, light from the bathroom or kitchen maybe?
Also, was her room dark or did she bring light into the little hallway with her when she opened her door?

JMO
Would their Party lights not have remained on and would they not have provided a light source for all?
They were still lighting next day from what I recall from early photographs? Can anybody confirm?

That's why I wonder if while BK was upstairs, X went into the kitchen to throw out her DD bag and the door was open which is why she thought someone was there. Or maybe something else was disturbed in the kitchen that made her think that. She could have just been talking to herself. I know even if I'm alone, if I saw a door open in my home in the middle of the night that wasn't a few minutes ago I might say something to myself out loud.
This. If (JMHO) the back door was closed previously though not locked and then it was left open by BK she would have noticed. Was the lock malfunctioning and thus LE placed the counter stools in the track to prevent anyone accessing the house through the kitchen? Seems like they would have better methods though.

MOO I believe DM heard X and that she heard the dog upstairs moving around. Perhaps there will be more clarity in future weeks. On the other hand, in the circumstances it may never be super clear to us or DM exactly who she heard and exactly when. In terms of BK's time of entry and exit, street cameras and the audio recording from next door might be more precise JMO.
I totally agree. From the PCA, we only know about one occupant's phone activity during the 4:00 - 4:20 timeframe LE gave, and that's X's 4:12 tiktok download. Otherwise, we know about BK trying to park around 4:04, the dog barking and thud at 4:17, and BK leaving at 4:20. These are significant points in events because they are digitally recorded. DM's account is only approximate on time, unless there is more we don't know about. Her retelling was also likely skewed, like so many eye-witness statements, due to the trauma she was in during and after the crime. JMO.

One thing that is consistent between DM's account and the 4:17 recording is voices and/or crying and/or whimpering. This was at 4:17 on camera and immediately before DM saw the man in black leaving out the sliding door, 3 min or less before he was seen driving away. I have no doubt in my mind that BK killed E and X between 4:12 and 4:17.

If it took him 2 or 3 minutes to get from the house to his car afterwards, I'll assume it took the same to get from his car to the house. So parking at 4:04 means 4:06 or 4:07 is likely the earliest he could have gotten to his first victim. That leaves 5 minutes to kill upstairs, 5 minutes to kill downstairs. It doesn't sound like much, but I think that's more than enough time. :(

Well I suppose anything is possible. They could have both woke up during the encounter and both attempted to fight him off damaging the sheath and it ends up on the bed. D said she hears what sounded like K playing with the dog so there was some sort of small commotion or noise/rumblings going on.
Yes...she hears what she thinks is someone playing with the dog at 4. BK was still outside at 4:04 making his three point turn. JMO

This scenario would explain
a: the extremely tight almost unbelievable timeline
b: the ridiculous panicky drive bys/attempted parks past the house/in immediate neighbourhood between 3.29am and 4.04am

This scenario is premised on my speculations that emotional meltdown/investment overtook booksmarts for BK on the morning of the murders.

BK's Car (Suspect 1 Car) is recorded driving on past at 4.04am after attempting to park/uturn. if we speculate he parked immediately after this, somewhere down road from the house, how long would that take? I'm saying at least 2 mins. So that takes us to 4.06am at a minimum. Getting out, walking to house, going to slider, entering house, I'm saying that would take at least 2 mins. That takes us to 4.08am. Now I don't think he could have been inside the house until at least 4.08am but it COULD have been later, so conservatively I'm speculating 4.08 to 4.12 am. We know from neighbour CCTV audio immediately adjacent to X/E room that at 4.17am there is a thump, we know that street camera/cctv/ring has BK (Suspect Car 1) leaving street (which street is not specified) at 4.20 am. Everything DM hears and sees appears to happen after 4am up until she sees BK heading towards her, and then PCA evidence suggests he left. I give him 3 mins minimum to leave, get back in his car, start it and drive away, which means he probably exited house at 4.17am immediately after the thump. To my mind it is entirely possible that BK spent only 5 - 9 minutes in the house IMO - 4.08am-4.12am to 4.17am. IMO, Perhaps with 9 mins he could murder all four. Even perhaps with 7 mins (arrival time 4.10am), but not with 5 mins IMO.

I want to combine the above with consideration of the gap in timeline that exists, AT PRESENT. that is between 2.53am when Suspect Car 1 is caught leaving Pullman by camera, and 3.29am when Suspect Car 1 is first caught by cameras doing ridiculous drive bys/uturn in immediate neighbourhood of house. The drive bys have this desperate/panicky quality of the emotionally unhinged and deeply invested. Could this emotional meltdown quality be related to a sense of lost control? What triggered that? What triggered a ridiculous lack caution? My mind goes to the sheath. I think BK could have been looking to collect his sheath, which he had already accidently left behind earlier in the 3rd floor room.MOO.

Speculation only based on what is not in the PCA timeline: Sometime at say 3am, or just afterwards, BK parked in pre-prepared spot, out of neighborhood, as per plan, as per awareness of cameras and risk of car being caught in the actual street of the target house/individuals, walked unseen to house, entered unseen and unheard, went to third floor, murdered K/M (as per plan), dropped sheath (as NOT per plan), left unseen and unheard (as per plan) and reutuned to car. It is now, say, around 3.20/3.25am when back at his car BK notices the sheath is gone. Plans went to nothing, loss of control, horrors, no caution. Cue evidence between 3.29am and 4.20am as outlined in PCA...

Ofcouse, it's likely LE didn't collect Camera footage on all possible routes between Pullman and King street neighbourbood between 2.53am and 3.29am on morning of November 13th so I do realise this must remain as total speculation. I just think it would explain in a logical sense the tight timeline and BK's ridiculous driving behaviour between 3.29am and 4.20am. MOO
I agree with you. BK's cellphone stops connecting Pullman at 2:47am which is during time M&K are doing the joint multi calls to K's ex-boyfriend. I wonder if BK had some sort of social media rejection by M or K at around 2:30am and this triggered BK to get in his car and allegedly commit the killings. It sounds like BK may have done some sort of stalking months prior, but maybe something triggered him around 2:30am. Last call from K to ex was at 2:53am at the time perhaps BK traveling minutes to 1122 King Road. I think K could have frantically tried to reach ex cause she was scared and then since no response from ex, K slept in M's room. I think dog did not alert when M&K were killed if it was around the 3:15am timeframe but if BK did return to get sheath at around 4:07am, the dog would alert imo.

Perhaps the indoor "party lights' that the roommates had decorated in lounge/TV room along with Good Vibes sign were on in which it would give D a enough light to catch glimpse of killer. Appears that exterior 2nd floor kitchen patio party lights were on as well. If DoorDash delivery was a norm very late at night, I would think front door light was kept on as well or maybe it was a sensor movement front door light?
And, if BK was facing any of these neon lights, and they were between him and DM's door, they might have been bright enough to keep him from being able to see her looking out her door.

I totally agree. From the PCA, we only know about one occupant's phone activity during the 4:00 - 4:20 timeframe LE gave, and that's X's 4:12 tiktok download. Otherwise, we know about BK trying to park around 4:04, the dog barking and thud at 4:17, and BK leaving at 4:20. These are significant points in events because they are digitally recorded. DM's account is only approximate on time, unless there is more we don't know about. Her retelling was also likely skewed, like so many eye-witness statements, due to the trauma she was in during and after the crime. JMO.

One thing that is consistent between DM's account and the 4:17 recording is voices and/or crying and/or whimpering. This was at 4:17 on camera and immediately before DM saw the man in black leaving out the sliding door, 3 min or less before he was seen driving away. I have no doubt in my mind that BK killed E and X between 4:12 and 4:17.

If it took him 2 or 3 minutes to get from the house to his car afterwards, I'll assume it took the same to get from his car to the house. So parking at 4:04 means 4:06 or 4:07 is likely the earliest he could have gotten to his first victim. That leaves 5 minutes to kill upstairs, 5 minutes to kill downstairs. It doesn't sound like much, but I think that's more than enough time. :(
Totally agree on timing - BK in and out between 4.07-4.10 and out at c4.17. Yes, it is probably enough to commit all four murders. I'm just curious and speculating about his drive by behaviour for that period between 3.29 and 4.04 and why he was in such a state. One reason I speculated on was that he had aleady been to the house earlier and killed upstairs on floor three (according to a more well thought out plan beginning at c3pm that included NOT driving his car frantically up and down the street) but having left the sheath, got into a panic and did what the PCA tells us he did between 3.29 and 4.20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine