ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re egress. Yes, I agree with all that and that he turned on phone on purpose because he felt it was safe to do so when he got to Blaine or wherever it is that is mentioned.. I meant that until he turned his phone back on, no cameras are mentioned, so we don't know how he got to Blaine or wherever it is and the PCA speculates he exited 'the area (ie King/Queen neigbourhood?)' off conegstooga onto Sand/Palouse then went south (but no cameras mentioned) based on where his phone pings (Blaine etc) when he turns on. The next camera that they mention is the Johnson Road heading back in to Pullman (at around 5.20 from memory) and that coincides with his pings at that time. So on that basis, I don't think they had camera footage of him on conestoga or Sand/Palouse when he was leaving as that was clearly extrapolated by the author of the PCA (it's in the section immediately after it talks about the car being spotted driving south on Walenta after leaving at speed at 4.20). As for camera footage from his south pings back to Pullman, LE did have footage for cameras in Pullman and Johnson road close to pullman for 13 November but not for Sand Palouse near cogestoga. This makes me think that they didn't collect/receive footage from that particular area for the am of 13 Nov or it was wiped by the time they figured the car must have exited that way from the immediate neighbourhood.

Your second paragraph makes sense if that was the the way he planned it IMO, We'd then have to assume that he was certain the white elantra that would be filmed on Queen. King, Walenta, /east Indian and Stymer (To name the ones in PCA) could not be traced back to him, Or he believed he had avoided all cameras into and out of the neighnourhood and that there were none on Queen road itself. THe PCA does IMO make it clear that he was not picked up on camera leaving after Walenta heading south. That could just mean LE didn't get footage before wiped or that there were no cameras at those locations.

Aside, I don't think it's given in the PCA that he is videoed on the 270 heading towards Moscow at 2.53, I can't find my bookmarked PCA and got distracted so once I get another copy I'll check it properly. I could be wrong and often am!

ETA: I can't remember where he pings from when phone back on at 4.48 and have no PCA atm. But I'm good with wherever he is placed at 4.48 and his route based on pings back to Pullman and can see that it could appear to be a circular route had he driven east past Moscow getting cameraed en route (then disappered into the rural towards East Indian). That might, to BK's mind, act as akind of alibi. I'm just not really with you on the premise, because of assumptions that have to be made as detailed above.
Okay, I see what your saying about the Johnson Rd at 5:20 now. He was southbound on 95 near Blaine at 4:48. And I agree, likely no camera footage of him after Queen St. If he did indeed scout out a route he thought was camera free, he might have done a fair job aside from the very few cameras that captured him. And you're right, the premise of this whole thing might be far-reaching. :) Even I'll admit that. But, like you, I'm very curious about what he was doing for that extra half-hour, and why he went east before going back west...

I got a weird feeling about this one. The "evidence" seems weird. Ok. They got the sheath, the only thing that ties him to the scene. Could he have gone to a party and dropped it. Or they found it at campus?

But the rest of it is weird.

the white car. Number one color sold in cars. Cell phone data, yep, he attended school. The front door from the house to campus is less than 100 yards. it is less then 1/2 mile from the law library. So a student studying at a school will have to be near the campus. The presidents house is only 330 yards away from the house.

I am not sure proving he was a student at the campus means anything.
Wrong school. BK went to WSU which is 8-10 miles away from the crime scene. JMO.

I got a weird feeling about this one. The "evidence" seems weird. Ok. They got the sheath, the only thing that ties him to the scene. Could he have gone to a party and dropped it. Or they found it at campus?

the white car. Number one color sold in cars. Cell phone data, yep, he attended school. The front door from the house to campus is less than 100 yards. it is less then 1/2 mile from the law library. So a student studying at a school will have to be near the campus. The presidents house is only 330 yards away from the house.

BK was a student at Washington State University not University of Idaho.

what if he was replying to vacancy ads for the sport of it, the ability to go inside these homes, see who was lived there, etc?
I think your possibility has potential.

He was known to approach people (guessing the female component of "people" were given extra attention) with an apparently contrived survey as a conversation stimulant.

With that stunt in mind, why not trawl and cruise for un needed room mate interviews- especially if the potential room mates included females?

Last edited:
So, BK must have there after NOON, in addition to coming back around 9 am.

From the article (photo at link):

MOSCOW, Idaho – University of Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger allegedly returned to the crime scene at least once hours after the crime, according to a police affidavit – and news videos from the following morning reveal at least two sightings of a white car driving through the area as police and the media were at work.

Ambiguous wording, though I thought the car drove by twice during the interview, but not after noon MST.

The PCA contains enough to warrant charges, there is definitely more evidence then we are not aware of. Charges are usually not brought forward unless they feel they have enough to secure a conviction. He did not attend the same university as the victims did if that is what you are saying. BK went to WSU, the victims went to University of Idaho, he had no reason to be on their campus. MOO

I am trying to match up dates to see if it makes sense that BK is the guy posting on the Visual Snow forum. (See: Original Visual-Snow or Static forum-Can you relate?)
In July 2011, the poster states that he has lost half his body weight (and he looks thin in avatar photo) but in July 2011 BK would have been between sophomore and junior year of high school. His high school friends have stated he lost weight the summer prior to senior year (summer of 2012). If they are correct, he would still be overweight in July 2011.
Here is an article that shows him overweight in his sophomore year from 2011 yearbook: Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger wanted to be Army Ranger, yearbook reveals
Here is an article where past friends talk about when he lost weight "Mcloughlin said Kohberger, 28, had been a “down to earth” and overweight teen when they wrapped up their junior year. When they started their senior year, Kohberger was “thinner than a rail” and developed an “aggressive” personality." : Idaho suspect Bryan Kohberger turned ‘aggressive’ in high school: former friend
They could be wrong in their recollection but it suggests BK may not be the poster on the forum.

I'm sure others are responding, but really the most incriminating factor of the evidence released in the PCA is the cell phone data connecting him to the area of 1122 King road. He lived in Pullman and attended school at WSU, so his repeated presence in Moscow in the proximity of 1122 King road is highly suspect, especially alongside his car being spotted on surveillance the night of the crime.

Regarding the DNA: they have it on the button of the sheath left behind at the crime scene. Maybe they have already found it elsewhere and did not include it in PCA, or found it right after the release. Probably, if BK committed these murders, more of his DNA will be found at the crime scene and / or DNA of the victims might be found in his car (or apartment, or they find bloody clothes). If the sheath is the only place his DNA is found, it might be a tougher case to prosecute.

Regarding being a TA, he went to a different University in WA if that helps.

The sheath is not the only thing tying him to the crime.

It was found on a bed next to 2 dead women so don’t think he dropped it a party.

His white car was caught on video at the same exact times his cell phone was in the area.

He wasn’t a student at U of Idaho where the victims were students.

He lived and went to school at WSU in Pullman.

The Affidavit might answer your other questions:

MOO/JMO

Yes, I noticed that too. The PCA very carefully says there was a sole source of male DNA. It says nothing about blood or female DNA. In actually, the sheath could have contained blood/DNA from one, two, all, or none of the female victims. My opinion only.

View attachment 394163
Just my own observations: Rambo types tend to strap knife sheaths to their legs. Hunter types tend to have the sheath looped to their belt. Although I'm more of a hunter type myself, when hunting I carry my knife sheathed and in a cargo pocket. And when I dress a deer, I take my knife out of my cargo pocket, unsheath it, and stick the sheath back in the cargo pocket.

I'm only mentioning this because I have never put my bloody knife back in the sheath. I'll clean and dry it when I get home, then put it back in the sheath. It's also worth mentioning that more than once my sheath has fallen out of my unbuttoned cargo pocket, that's just not an ideal place to be carrying a sheath.

Without more information, I don't think finding the knife sheath on the bed indicates one way or another where it all started.

oh most certainly there is evidence that LE/prosecution have that was not in the PCA. But they will have to start disclosing that to the defense. DK knew he had lost the sheath, though he probably didn't know for sure where. He knew he probably left bloody foot prints, so the shoes are gone.
IMO, are you sure the shoes are gone? It looked like BK was wearing Vans shoes when he got off the plane in Idaho.

I'm starting to think that BK bought the knife through Craigslist or something of that sort. No cameras in the store or card transaction to tie him to it. He bought it second-hand somehow with cash and then dumped it after. MOO.

not necessarily because he could have put it in his pocket before he started, wherever he started and it fell ou because he had to lean over one victim to reach another.
We don't know whether there was blood on it or not.
It does look as though he carefully cleaned it of his own DNA before he started, and did a good job on that except for the button snap.. that might suggest he left it deliberately.
Like a calling card..
Why would he have cleaned it so thoroughly unless he'd planned on leaving it?
I wonder if any other killers ever did that?
Did he want fame as the sheath killer?
Off to Google.. will revert if I find anything.
IMO there maybe blood DNA evidence on the knife sheath, it could be co-mingled blood evidence so who's it was wasn't known at the time. The DNA evidence on the sanp was "single source DNA," which obviously would make it easier to trace.

This might sound silly, but I have been wondering how it is pronounced: KAY bar vs ka BAR or something else?
Nothing is silly.
I don't actually know. I'm currently googling Marine Corps and November13 deaths/murders because the more I think about it the more convinced I'm becoming that the sheath was a 'signature' of sorts. I'll keep looking.
So far, just this, don't see any possible connection but other eyes will know better
That's just a preliminary report. I've not seen full investigation and it's only a wild wild longshot..
Did he have friends /family in MC?
Did he lose somebody in MC?

He could have done it with any kind of a knife..why the elaborate sheath?
Edit to add another link to preliminary story, no further details here though.. 2013. November 13..
He would have been 19..
highly unlikely this will go anywhere.

Last edited:
IMO there maybe blood DNA evidence on the knife sheath, it could be co-mingled blood evidence so who's it was wasn't known at the time. The DNA evidence on the sanp was "single source DNA," which obviously would make it easier to trace.
Thing is that he could have done it with any bladed knife/scalpel
What's the USMC connection or is there one?

I wonder why he chose a knife, personal and very messy. And chance of cutting yourself. Why not a gun with silencer? Or strangulation if most were asleep? Just curious
a gun (even with a suppressor) is loud, and he would have to find and pick up shell casings off the floor. A knife is easy to get, cheap and silent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelle90