ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the description of Kaylee's injuries by her father hadn't have been so much overkill in nature, to my mind, I'd probably totally agree with you. I think anger was involved at least with her. She may have reminded him of someone in his past or she may have fought back substantially. AJMO
I have a theory on Kaylee’s injuries. I hate to write it and will stay as tactful as possible. Tons of speculation here.

The affidavit states LE could see the knife sheath on the right side of Maddie. So, Maddie would have been the closest victim when he walked in or else the sheath wouldn't be visible on entry. I think it's possible he quickly murdered Maddie and leaned over her to attack Kaylee. Her liver would be on the side closest to Maddie.

100% speculation. JMO

IMO I’m not convinced BK accidentally left the sheath there, I think that maybe he thinks he’s pretty clever (Although, so far, it appears maybe not) & perhaps the knife he used wasn’t a KA-BAR knife at all & the sheath was left deliberately to divert LE into believing a KA-BAR knife was used. MOO Could be.
Could be.
Has anyone else noticed that he looks like James Holmes from Colorado?

at a pinch, it's possible he could've been muttering to himself again?
Could be. There's been quite a lot of talk on these threads about intelligent people talking to themselves. We know that other types of people may talk to themselves as well. JMO

Yes and asking questions is a nothing. MOO he meant was his father arrested for harboring him.
I had thought that as well, but he would see in real time if his dad was arrested or not since the arrest took place at their home, with his parents present.

I agree that BK asking the question was meaningless as to really wondering about a separate arrest.

Maybe it was something he deemed clever at the moment, to refocus LE on someone else.

Maybe in studying criminals he learned that it's a frequently used dodge upon arrest?

Jmo

Yes, it would show a little
concern.
It's just my opinion, but I believe that he was being authentic when he mouthed "I love you" to his family at the PA court hearing. Perhaps he compartmentalizes and has genuine feelings of care for his parents and sister(s) while being devoid of emotions in planning and executing (literally and figuratively) a horrific and unimaginable mass murder.

It's just my opinion, but I believe that he was being authentic when he mouthed "I love you" to his family at the PA court hearing. Perhaps he compartmentalizes and has genuine feelings of care for his parents and sister(s) while being devoid of emotions in planning and executing (literally and figuratively) a horrific and unimaginable mass murder.
He had to know killing four people would be a huge profile case.He knew his parents would be put through hell but just didn't care. MOO

<snipped for focus>

Wonder what has to be the case for LE to state that public disclosure could result in premature end of the investigation?

Do they think that BK could be released on bond or otherwise if the details were released at this point in the case? What else might they mean by saying this?

What would end the investigation at this point?

I assume if it is exculpatory informaton, they would have to release it to the defendant's attorney, event at this early stage of the case?

BBM

What could be in that apartment search that if disclosed before Mar 1 could end the investigation? Huge threat right now but gone on by Mar 1?

snipped
“The document states: 'Premature public disclosure of the details of this law enforcement investigation will create serious and imminent threat to effective law enforcement and could result in the premature end of this investigation which could create a threat to public safety.”
The search warrant, which is shrouded in mystery, won't be sealed forever - the documents going on to say they'll only be 'enforceable for a limited time,' investigation pending.
'For these reasons, the information contained in the application and the nature of this investigation must be kept secret for a limited period of time,' it states.
'It is estimated the investigation will likely be concluded within two months from this date [Dec 30], so an order sealing the file for that period of time is appropriate and necessary.'

"Authorities have temporarily sealed the search warrant for University of Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger's Washington home - as they claim releasing details could 'prematurely' end the investigation and 'create a threat to public safety'."

I had thought that as well, but he would see in real time if his dad was arrested or not since the arrest took place at their home, with his parents present.

I agree that BK asking the question was meaningless as to really wondering about a separate arrest.

Maybe it was something he deemed clever at the moment, to refocus LE on someone else.

Maybe in studying criminals he learned that it's a frequently used dodge upon arrest?

Jmo
MOO he asked the question upon his arrest which I presume was his bedroom.
He likely could not see his mother and father who were detained somewhere else in the house, basically in protective custody since the police would fear that BK could potentially grab a parent as a hostage.
The no knock warrant anticipates a violent response to arrest.

I know it's been said that BK applied for an internship with the Pullman Police. Was he interviewed? Application rejected or ignored? Haven't seen that anywhere. Thanks in advance.

What could be in that apartment search that if disclosed before Mar 1 could end the investigation? Huge threat right now but gone on by Mar 1?

snipped
“The document states: 'Premature public disclosure of the details of this law enforcement investigation will create serious and imminent threat to effective law enforcement and could result in the premature end of this investigation which could create a threat to public safety.”
The search warrant, which is shrouded in mystery, won't be sealed forever - the documents going on to say they'll only be 'enforceable for a limited time,' investigation pending.
'For these reasons, the information contained in the application and the nature of this investigation must be kept secret for a limited period of time,' it states.
'It is estimated the investigation will likely be concluded within two months from this date [Dec 30], so an order sealing the file for that period of time is appropriate and necessary.'
If the document is dated 12/29, that means the motion to seal happened before BK was even arrested, doesn't it? Were they worried the warrant would become public before his arrest and/or extradition hearing? I'm not adept at legal matters, so I'm not sure if this is viable.

Could the tiktok possibly be playing repeatedly if her phone was left on with the app open?
Yes, because if she sat her phone down and let it play, then swipe, while she used both hands to eat, and then walked away from her phone, it would keep playing until her phone went dark. I think it depends on how quickly she had her screen set to go to sleep.

My guess is evidence of an accomplice who they may be watching closely but have not yet apprehended (much like BK when he was visiting PA)? Revealing evidence linked to this person while they are still at large could be a threat to public safety.

This could be a judge just being overly cautious. BUT it could also mean that there was something looked for/found at his apartment directly related to one or more of the victims or the house. Photographs of the house or victims? something brought back from the house? As far as I recall we haven't heard if anything was supposedly missing from the house.
The most likely way an “investigation could end prematurely” is if LE is seeking items perp has no idea they’re looking for, and once tipped off arranges for their disposal.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member