ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the document is dated 12/29, that means the motion to seal happened before BK was even arrested, doesn't it? Were they worried the warrant would become public before his arrest and/or extradition hearing? I'm not adept at legal matters, so I'm not sure if this is viable.

I don't have any answers, just questions....But I do see the motion wasn't signed until 12/30/22

"Authorities have temporarily sealed the search warrant for University of Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger's Washington home - as they claim releasing details could 'prematurely' end the investigation and 'create a threat to public safety'."

This was issued on December 30, days before BK's arrest, therefore it seems like good and prudent policy. Had the contents been released BK would have been alerted to his imminent arrest. IMO

I figured that too, but I thought they would have to prove that the dna from the trash came from BK's dad. Or is that necessary given that the dna result would be the proof in itself? I don't know how that works.
Since they got the warrants for his cell data presumably they had enough to get one for DNA. I suspect they didn’t go that route because they didn’t want him to know they were on to him.

The most likely way an “investigation could end prematurely” is if LE is seeking items perp has no idea they’re looking for, and once tipped off arranges for their disposal.

JMO
Certainly possible that he took something from the house as a remembrance (can't believe I'm writing that word) that may be at his apt or at his PA house. I recall BTK kept the things he took from victims' homes in a shed behind his house that he kept locked. MOO

"The document states: 'Premature public disclosure of the details of this law enforcement investigation will create serious and imminent threat to effective law enforcement and could result in the premature end of this investigation which could create a threat to public safety." And the bit and 'threat to the privacy of witnesses, victims and victim families names in the affidavit' could be.

What does this mean exactly, why would they do this? For example, I automatically think it could mean he would have to be released immediately, but they think he is a threat still? Or there were pictures/information on the victims he had collected hence their privacy?

I know it will all come out on 1st March, but that makes it even more confusing if he is already charged anyway.

Are we certain he wasn’t the DD deliverer? TB was near his home and what better way to get near the property with a valid excuse. Uber creepy and horrific.
Somehow, I think that would have leaked by now, because it would have been another piece of evidence linking him to the address at the time of the murders.

If the document is dated 12/29, that means the motion to seal happened before BK was even arrested, doesn't it? Were they worried the warrant would become public before his arrest and/or extradition hearing? I'm not adept at legal matters, so I'm not sure if this is viable.
LOL. So the DM publishes this like it's new news... I didn't even think about when BK was actually arrested. Totally different meaning then. Sheesh.

He had to know killing four people would be a huge profile case.He knew his parents would be put through hell but just didn't care. MOO
You're right. While he seems to have faulty thinking, poor planning and decision-making skills and serious emotional issues (e.g. perhaps being devoid of feelings related to committing a monstrous mass murder), he had to have known this would be a huge case. And I think he was excited about the thrill of this mass murder. But, there's a disconnect between the idea of him genuinely caring for his parents and sister(s) and, at the same time, putting his parents through hell.

Even somebody with an arrested emotional development who struggles with relationships would be aware of what this would do to his parents.

Possibly this relates to his elevated and inflated view of how smart he is. Maybe he thought he was so smart in his execution of this crime that there was no way he would get caught. And so his parents wouldn't ever be impacted. Crazy but possible, I think. MOO

I know that they are considered a legitimate source but I don't consider them reputable nor overly concerned with ethics so I take everything from DM with a huge grain of salt.
I find many things I read on Daily Mail show up on my local news within 3 days. Maybe it's just the stories I'm reading, I don't know. I don't go in for the bizarro stuff.

Long post of opinions and assumptions (MOO!)

Ok just processed this detail… Dylan says that BK was walking TOWARDS her when she opened the door. Given the floor plan, he’d have to have been leaving Xana’s room. Coming down the stairs would put him walking past or away. Contrary to a lot of posters, I’d thought he walked in on Xana eating in the kitchen (there was take out trash in the kitchen in an early leaked photo) and that she and Ethan were accidental first 2 targets. Now convinced y’all are right that he went up to third floor first. Then came down and heard Xana tell Ethan someone was there. Fact that he rushed out of there without (probably) even noticing Dylan/ looking towards her door is even more evidence IMO that he wasn’t intending a mass murder and was rushed/frantic. He scurried out of there, he didn’t go searching for more victims even though he would have known how many lived in the house. He may have picked Maddie as his target because he was infatuated with her and she wasn’t interested and she seemed a vulnerable target because of her size. I remember comments early on about an incident where a creepy guy was following the girls in a bar and was asked to stop/ kicked out of said bar. Consistent with reports of BK’s reported behavior with women in the past. BK told his friend that he could get any girl he wants. No chance he actually believed that. But believed he was deserving of it. Incel garbage. Not mastermind. Not smart. Not a careful planner. Not even remotely. Not even a part of his research, although he may have justified it to himself that way at times while he was stalking her. I think we’re analyzing too hard and giving him too much credit. At the core, I think he was enraged that this beautiful girl had no interest in him although he believes himself to be the ultimate catch. Brought up bad feelings about the other times he’d been accused of being a creep, like at the brewery in PA. I believe more and more that Maddie was his intended target.

Additionally: for me, if I were Xana I wouldn’t want to open the door at 4am for the DoorDash driver. For three reasons- safety being a woman alone at night, embarrassment that I’m ordering food at 4am (no shame to her- I did this regularly in college- but never felt proud of it), and because if you’re a college student ordering food at 4am you might not be tipping well so adding to the shame factor. I think that the GrubHub timeline is not exact because it was dropped at the front door (first floor) some time around 4am and before BK arrived and that’s it’s very possible that by crazy coincidence Xana was downstairs getting her food as BK was entering on second floor, both unaware of the other. Xana hears commotion and a man’s voice upstairs and runs to her room to warn Ethan as BK comes down the stairs, tries to fight him off, is mortally wounded but still alive and crying/whimpering, Ethan starts to wake up so BK steps over her to eliminate Ethan as a more physically able opponent and then returns to Xana and says “I’m going to help” meaning put her out of her misery (I apologize so much for that phrasing). That last note does lead me to believe that he has experience killing animals, as this is pretty common attitude towards suffering animals. Dylan cracks the door, it’s dark and he’s full of adrenaline so he doesn’t see her at the other end of the hallway, he runs out of the sliding door, thud on neighbor’s video is sliding door closing. I just don’t believe the neighbors camera could hear a body hit the floor inside the neighbors house. I live in a townhome essentially made of papier-mâché (low quality 80s construction) and my camera has never picked up sounds from my neighbors. I think he came back in the morning hoping that the cops had arrived and he could witness the commotion as he prepared for his rise to anonymous infamy, and was surprised to find it was quiet. Makes me think of Stephen McDaniel trying too hard to play the part of an innocent neighbor: A Man Was Interviewed On TV About A Murder – And It Turns Out He Did It [VIDEO]

Then again, other times I think that the conclusions I’ve drawn above are all wrong.

Anyone else feel creepy and gross speculating on motive and BK’s feelings when that’s a subject he took strong interest in?

Hoping for a merciless judge and jury, and interested to see what comes out in the trial. I predict they’ll find creepy stalker photos taken from outside of the house on his computer. Maybe that’s just my brain desperately hoping for more indisputable evidence of guilt.
Thank you for this timeline. It really makes sense to me. I’m still so sad for this group of victims. From the slain, to their roommates, families, friends and community. I think about their co- workers. College jobs tend to be the place you make a few good friends that last a lifetime. Evidenced by the tributes from the tulip farm and the Mad Greek. I imagine Kaylee had similar experiences (was she the one who worked at a Dutch Brothers?)
Anyway, I hope for swift justice.

what kind of time gap did those involve? ( I haven't read their books nor followed those cases)

the gap between the crimes being committed and the books being published? ( On this Idaho case, looks as if publishers & producers in the Mail want to get their products out quickly.)

Isn't it all too raw? What's a decent time period?

Well I could check Green River Killer story:

Pled guilty - 2003
Anne Rule's book published- 2004
Dave Reichert's own book published - 2005
Dave Reichert US representative from WA 8th Congressional district 2005 - 2019

I agree with you that if anything is published or even contracted before the end of the case, it would be more than unethical. But, there is a gag order, is there not?

(Mail is a cheap tabloid and stale scoop spreader IMHO).

ETA: Paul Holes' career and publications started way before GSK was apprehended, he was interviewed by TV channels since 2000, about other cases, and definitely, about GSK, in 2017. He retired for podcasts and a show 1 month before GSK was apprehended, in 2018. His book about GSK and a podcast appeared in 2018. But, given the circumstances of the case, at least there are no questions about the person arrested being really culpable. BTW, Barbara Rae-Venter's book is only expected to be released this year.

Last edited:
One question that has been bothering me that i have not heard discussed. If this person had committed the crime (Bryan)- How did he stab 4 people in the same house and not have anyone yell or scream? I would guess he would have attacked each person individually- (maybe starting with Ethan)- Is it possible this can be done to four people without any noise? Just wondering... is it possible he silenced them somehow?

"Authorities have temporarily sealed the search warrant for University of Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger's Washington home - as they claim releasing details could 'prematurely' end the investigation and 'create a threat to public safety'."

Do you all have thoughts on what this could be about? Thanks for any input you might have.

Im confused...BK was arrested Dec 30
OK, at 3:00AM, but this would still coincide with the sealing of the search warrant contents. As these things were happening in a "fluid" situation, IMO opinion LE in Idaho covered their bases because they didn't when the actual arrest would take place? Just speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46