ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this timeline. It really makes sense to me. I’m still so sad for this group of victims. From the slain, to their roommates, families, friends and community. I think about their co- workers. College jobs tend to be the place you make a few good friends that last a lifetime. Evidenced by the tributes from the tulip farm and the Mad Greek. I imagine Kaylee had similar experiences (was she the one who worked at a Dutch Brothers?)
Anyway, I hope for swift justice.
I imagine that feeling physically safe may be a life-time struggle for their families, friends, coworkers and others in their lives. So sad for everybody impacted by this horrific crime.

~4am - DoorDash arrival
~4am - DM awoken by Gonclaves playing with dog
4:04am - BK parks his car (surveillance camera)
4:12am - Kernodle on TikTok
4:17am - security camera picks up audio of a "whimper"/thud and a dog beginning to bark
4:20am - BK leave scene at high rate of speed (surveillance camera)

From the time of parking to leaving there is 16 minutes.

For this to make sense, BK would have gone to the 3rd floor first. DM believing she heard Gonclaves playing with her dog was likely BK committing the murders. Kernodle was still active on TikTok at 4:12, so that leads me to believe BK didn't enter her room until after that time.

4:04 to 4:12 gives him 8 minutes to walk to the house and kill the two girls upstairs.
4:12-4:20 gives him 8 minutes to kill the two on the second floor, walk back to his car and leave.

This time frame is so tight, one would have to believe that he caught them all sleeping and/or not paying attention. Any amount of physical fighting or wrestling with BK would make this timeline untenable. However, at the very least Kernodle was awake based on her TikTok timeline, her "whimpering," the thud, and her being found on the floor near the bathroom. Maybe she was nodding off and BK killing Chapin woke her and she tried to run away? And that's why BK may have said "I'm trying to help him?"

And did the same thing happen upstairs? One of the girls woke and that's why she was found on top of the other one?

The timeline of this really gets to me and I can't put my finger on why...
I agree with your sequence. I think he entered house and began attack on G and M on 3rd floor wile K was still active on TikTok. Then killed Chaplin in his sleep starting at around 4:12, then stabbed K and thud. I can’t work it out any other way.

LOL. So the DM publishes this like it's new news... I didn't even think about when BK was actually arrested. Totally different meaning then. Sheesh.
Oh OK - plus if they released it now even, before the prosecution is ready to give the defence details in the discovery period, it could be detrimental to the case.

Perhaps in another context it makes sense. I questioned (and still question) whether BK’s dad had knowledge when he helped his son leave the state and harbored him in PA. It would make sense that BK might not be the only person arrested in that middle-of-the-night raid.
Another possibility is that his parents and sister(s) sensed that he wasn't doing well and thought it'd be good for the dad to accompany him on the drive back to PA.

IMHO, among his many emotional difficulties in life, he had poor communication skills and relatively abysmal social relationships. While I can't envision him telling his parents, it's always possible that he blurted out something to his parents or sister that was highly troubling and because of their concerns, his dad offered to come out to WA and keep him company for the drive home.

MOO

People started writing about the Kennedy assassination almost immediately and everyone rushed to publication with their efforts. Started a small industry, really.

The crucial piece of this book sale is that whoever the author may be, they need access to BK or the book is just going to rehash the public record. Whether any of the families will talk to someone who is also interviewing/getting close to BK, I don't know (I wouldn't).

My mind went some place dark. Is there something so awful in what they found at his apartment that they fear public outrage? A need for higher security to protect BK? Possible mob action?

Could be a need to protect the families while they are still in the earlier stages of grieving, but somehow, that doesn't seem quite like the reason.

If what they found in his apartment was so damning (things on his computer?), then perhaps they are trying to protect their prisoner?
Me too. I could definitely use some examples of what this means in legal speak. It's sounds very, specific (and intriguing). MOO, JMO

"The document states: 'Premature public disclosure of the details of this law enforcement investigation will create serious and imminent threat to effective law enforcement and could result in the premature end of this investigation which could create a threat to public safety." And the bit and 'threat to the privacy of witnesses, victims and victim families names in the affidavit' could be.

What does this mean exactly, why would they do this? For example, I automatically think it could mean he would have to be released immediately, but they think he is a threat still? Or there were pictures/information on the victims he had collected hence their privacy?

I know it will all come out on 1st March, but that makes it even more confusing if he is already charged anyway.
These are the same questions that I have. Confused and curious about what would be disclosed prematurely that could derail this investigation.

OK, at 3:00AM, but this would still coincide with the sealing of the search warrant contents. As these things were happening in a "fluid" situation, IMO opinion LE in Idaho covered their bases because they didn't when the actual arrest would take place? Just speculating.
This gets me wondering again why LE had cleaning of the house already scheduled. I would imagine that they would know that the defense team would likely want to have the crime scene still intact to do its own investigation. It was widely reported that the cleaning was canceled at the 11th hour.

If one of our amazing verified experts could weigh in on this, it would be awesome.

Thanks and BBM.

Thank you for this timeline. It really makes sense to me. I’m still so sad for this group of victims. From the slain, to their roommates, families, friends and community. I think about their co- workers. College jobs tend to be the place you make a few good friends that last a lifetime. Evidenced by the tributes from the tulip farm and the Mad Greek. I imagine Kaylee had similar experiences (was she the one who worked at a Dutch Brothers?)
Anyway, I hope for swift justice.
Ethan worked at the tulip farm

The story talks about how it could be bigger than "In Cold Blood"—which Truman Capote researched in Kansas before anyone was even arrested, then spent six years writing, first through articles in the New Yorker. DM is really big on saying any peripheral person is going to make a ton of money on their story; a good writer could do this story justice but no one named here is getting this kind of crazy money for telling part of the story. MOO; I work in media.

Agree, and honestly I'm not sure how or why the "story" would be bigger than ICB, which all but inaugurated the true crime genre in the novel form, and traces a remarkably complex series of relationships between families, investigators, killers and author.

This case, sad and horrific as it was and is for victims and families, strikes me as more of a Petito in terms of its immediate impact and perhaps less so given the oddities of that one in terms of the crime, the recorded interactions, the "chase" and so forth.

In some ways, this was a straightforward if not "simple" crime: man enters house and violently murders inhabitants.

The striking details have more to do with the victimology and the apparent motivations and background/ identity of the suspect, especially so long as it went unsolved.

Now it has been solved. We know who allegedly dunit, even if we won't have a why yet. I'm a bit surprised at the almost fanatical interest it has drawn in some quarters, and the idea of a high-stakes bidding war for the various bits and pieces of the "story" at this point is, IMO, profoundly disrespectful and disappointing, if not unexpected.

IDK. Maybe it will be an expensive acquisition for whomever makes the inevitable TC series. But "bigger than In Cold Blood?" I hope not.

I have a theory on Kaylee’s injuries. I hate to write it and will stay as tactful as possible. Tons of speculation here.

The affidavit states LE could see the knife sheath on the right side of Maddie. So, Maddie would have been the closest victim when he walked in or else the sheath wouldn't be visible on entry. I think it's possible he quickly murdered Maddie and leaned over her to attack Kaylee. Her liver would be on the side closest to Maddie.

100% speculation. JMO
Straining to reach would account for tears as opposed to jabs. No punishment is harsh enough for what he has allegedly has done.

At 13:47 you can see BK posing next to a man in a military uniform. Posting to show if this could be the connection to the USMC sheath left at the scene. I posted this pic before, but this is a clearer one. One poster said it looked like a band uniform but IMO it is military. Does anyone know which branch it is?
All I know is that the guy pictured is a childhood friend, from news stories I have read in this thread. I THINK its Marines but I could be wrong.

One question that has been bothering me that i have not heard discussed. If this person had committed the crime (Bryan)- How did he stab 4 people in the same house and not have anyone yell or scream? I would guess he would have attacked each person individually- (maybe starting with Ethan)- Is it possible this can be done to four people without any noise? Just wondering... is it possible he silenced them somehow?
I have often thought a taser. That would immediately incapacitate them.

From the statements I have seen by the coroner and in the news articles shared here, I believe they've referred to this kind of knife as something that would immediately incapacitate that victims. It wasn't so much stabbing as it was gouging deep within, and if he went for their chest or neck, they'd be dead in seconds.

Spoiler warning'ed (ha) the second part because it is a graphic description

"Bryan Kohberger's defense will seek to dismantle many parts of the probable cause affidavit police used to obtain his arrest warrant in the stabbing deaths of four University of Idaho students, according to a high-profile defense attorney."

If you are stabbed in the lungs or heart, fluid immediately prevents sound. Think of it like a balloon being popped. It’s instant. If you have the desire to learn, go to Twitter and type mall stabbing. The big guy goes down in under a minute wo uttering a word. Puts his hand to his neck, stumbles and falls. Not like the movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46