ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

LaBar says Kohberger came from a close-knit family. He grew up in eastern Pennsylvania in the Pocono Mountains. His father was a maintenance worker and his mom worked in the school system. Bryan has two older sisters – one who works as a family therapist,

and another sister who appeared in a 2011 low budget slasher film, "Two Days Back," about a group of young students viciously murdered by a serial killer. She now works as a school counselor.

Last edited by a moderator:
While your proposed timeline makes more sense to me than my own, I’m troubled that the dog’s barking started at 4:17am.
I don’t think the PCA says Murphy started barking at 4:17. Just a dog. Have I lost my marbles? Maybe a dog was barking AT Kohberger while he was jetting out of there and getting in his car? JMHO

Last edited:
On the discussion about forced entry, IMO:

Most locked sliding glass doors are easy to defeat.

Put on rubber gloves to get a better grip.

Place the palms of your hands on the glass and push upwards on the side by the latch.

The door will lift up about an inch … off of the latch.

Thats the old sliding doors.

I think the question some of us are trying to figure out is slightly different. Right now, I have about 10 apps open on my phone (I'm not using my phone or viewing any of them).

I can imagine that depending on the OS of the phone, a forensic download could include how many times I unlocked my phone. But I'd like to know that for sure. I'd like something that isn't just MOO.

If my phone records every time I unlock it, and all those apps are simultaneously open, but I'm just viewing them (like Tik Tok), does it record in a log somewhere when I actually interact with apps?

That's my question. Different phones surely handle this differently. I'm guessing college kids would have Androids or Apple phones, but no way of knowing.

I can view several apps simultaneously on my home screen - does Apple keep a record? I'm assuming a forensic download is via warrant, from the various providers. Perhaps TikTok itself can tell? So the forensic download would lead to contacting TikTok?

For sure, we need an expert on this one (we used to have an elecronics/forensic/security expert here). It's so weird to think that everything I might have done during the life of my phone is stored somewhere in the Cloud. In my case, since I preview tons of youtubes for class without actually watching them, just finding a timestamp for my own purposes, it would look like I'm on youtube a lot, when actually I usually only watch in class.
This is just a brief summary of the many ways your apps track you and what can be done with or without your knowledge and what can be done with your data. This article is from 2019 and tracking is so very much more sophisticated now.
mobile app tracking

I dunno. SG said one thing, and his attorney said another thing. What's up with this? JMHO

I think that the time frame is relevant. SG says one thing, and a few days later, (maybe quite a few,) his attorney says something else.

What’s up seems obvious, and reasonable, to me.

MOO

When did he take kickboxing?
It was in the 48 hours doc, a friend from school says it on camera. Plus, the young woman who knew him at the time also says it. He gets off heroin, takes up kickboxing (which usually combines skills of boxing with legwork).

It's also in the NYT:

And this article correlates his change in person (more aggressive, trying to pick fights) with him taking up boxing:

(However, since it's the NYP, it could possibly refer to kickboxing, but again, boxing skills are also part of kickboxing).

Wikipedia calls kickboxing a "combat sport" and a method of self-defense and mentions several styles:

//Kickboxing is a combat sport focused on kicking and punching. The fight takes place in a boxing ring, normally with boxing gloves, mouth guards, shorts, and bare feet to favor the use of kicks. Kickboxing is practiced for self-defense, general fitness, or for competition.[2][3][4] Some styles of kickboxing include: Karate, Muay Thai, Japanese kickboxing, Sanda, and Savate.//

Note that it's not just kicking - it's also punching. They do use boxing gloves, so it is similar to boxing in that way.

Last edited:
Wowsa. The gaslighting part is creepy as heck. Does this guy really not remember what he's just done with his hands?

The Brewery incident is similar, in that he either has forgotten his past behavior or is, once again, gaslighting.
Just my own non-legal opinion--
-Can he really be unaware that touching a girl he just met makes her uncomfortable ?
-Does he just turn off short-term memory, or recall, that he touched the shoulders of his Tinder date?
-If he could see an 'Instant Replay" of rubbing her shoulders, what would he say?
- "you mean THAT? That's offensive??" or
- "You're making that up. I never did that."

Either way, some faulty wiring inside BK? JMO.

That would be a better bet for him (there are youtubes on how to dismember and clean deer).

He is supposed to be an extreme vegan, but maybe he did want to know more about the interiors of non-human animals.

I personally think the skills he gained in boxing/kickboxing transfer readily to using a knife. While I don't practice with a knife, I do carry one as personal defense in my car. I watched some military and other training videos. The key to using this style of knife for someone like me (not strong), is to use the saber grip and then one's body weight (no need to have strong arms although strong hands helps). USMC teaches its marines to lean into the target, using body weight, so that even my relatively tiny Marine cousin is able to dispatch someone with a KaBar knife. Momentum and body weight. Just like boxing.

Mr. G described a pattern of wounds on KG that is mentioned in the article posted on the last thread (and it has been posted several times). My personal view is that his "training" was entirely watching things online. He was probably so focused on which injuries would achieve his goals (silence and rapid death with no arterial blood spurt to get him overly soaked in blood) that he forgot his logistical issue (don't forget the sheath!
Thanks for lesson on using a knife.
I had no idea.
I live in a very isolated place with no weapons because I have no weapon skill and they would just be taken from me. Easily.
But I wondered what it would be like to have those skills.
I can swear like a fishwife and so far it's served me well in terms of getting hunters off my land but it's woefully inadequate and they hate me with a vengeance.

I was examining the Kbar and trying to figure how it could possibly be used while admiring it's beauty.

Just my own non-legal opinion--
-Can he really be unaware that touching a girl he just met makes her uncomfortable ?
-Does he just turn off short-term memory, or recall, that he touched the shoulders of his Tinder date?
-If he could see an 'Instant Replay" of rubbing her shoulders, what would he say?
- "you mean THAT? That's offensive??" or
- "You're making that up. I never did that."

Either way, some faulty wiring inside BK? JMO.
Touching had an entirely different meaning for him.
Maybe.

This is just a brief summary of the many ways your apps track you and what can be done with or without your knowledge and what can be done with your data. This article is from 2019 and tracking is so very much more sophisticated now.
mobile app tracking

Thank you - I was aware of those from the "To Live and Die in LA" podcast (which is excellent). I get that they use my browser history.

But how would an app know that I had touched the screen of my phone? Wouldn't Apple have to facilitate that or record it somehow? I bet it is indeed more sophisticated now.

We've discussed this topic a lot in our house and opted to keep our location services on, as we are not criminals and are much more likely at our ages to be victims or to get into an accident of some kind. We want to be able to be tracked.

Right now, I'm going with the hypothesis that at 4:12 perhaps Xana opened the app? Probably in her bedroom, as BK was likely already in the house. Such a very scary scenario.

This article says he took boxing in high school, and he turned "aggressive" at the time, and he's now 28 years old, so over 10 years ago, but he may have kept up with it. IMO, a boxer would have the skills to stab people with a Ka-Bar knife with enough strength to disable them without any practice : {

"Kohberger also began picking up boxing lessons and was itching to put his new skills to use, according to his former friend.

“He always wanted to fight somebody, he was bullying people. We started cutting him off from our friend group because he was 100 percent a different person,” Mcloughlin said, adding that the personality switch came as a total surprise and mystery to the friends."

Idaho suspect Bryan Kohberger turned ‘aggressive’ in high school: former friend
Boxing and kickboxing are 2 completely different things, though. Kickboxing is martial arts. Boxing isn't.

I think that the time frame is relevant. SG says one thing, and a few days later, (maybe quite a few,) his attorney says something else.

What’s up seems obvious, and reasonable, to me.

MOO
I'm probably a bit OCD about the attorney thing. But the attorney never said "oh new corrected info". He just puts out his own group spokesperson statement. The reality is, a completely different person made an earlier conflicting statement. JMHO

Boxing and kickboxing are 2 completely different things, though. Kickboxing is martial arts. Boxing isn't.
True 'dat. Search of MSM indicated BK did regular boxing, so posted that. Post I replied to asked about kickboxing, which haven't heard about/haven't seen on MSM that BK participated/trained in, just to clarify.

MOO

True 'dat. Search of MSM indicated BK did regular boxing, so posted that. Post I replied to asked about kickboxing, which haven't heard about/haven't seen on MSM that BK participated/trained in, just to clarify.

MOO
I haven't seen anything about it, either. The OP I was asking has stated several times he did both.

I don’t think the PCA says Murphy started barking at 4:17. Just a dog. Have I lost my marbles? Maybe a dog was barking AT Kohberger while he was jetting out of there and getting in his car? JMHO
Very good point. I have to admit I fell into the trap of thinking it was Murphy. In reality, it could have been any dog in the immediate area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lily89