ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 64

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree and would add that the positioning of the distorted audio paragraph between the paragraph detailing D.M. opening her door the 2nd time and the paragraph detailing D.M. opening her door the 3rd time is an additional indication LE thought that the sounds are related to the house. I suppose in the PH we will get to hear that audio.
jmo
ITA

Upon first reading the Affidavit I entertained the possibility of the thud being the perp jumping off the balcony ( ridiculous I know) or him slamming his car door or trunk ( throwing bloody clothes, backpack or weapon in trunk) while escaping the scene.

However, after reading the Affidavit numerous times, it’s clear to me (JMO) that the thud came from inside the house.

The sounds picked up on neighbor security cam and then the suspect car seen leaving are approximately 3 minutes apart.
4:17 to 4:20

3 minutes sounds like nothing but I set a timer on my phone and it seems like forever!0ADC9123-13F8-4F0C-9543-1B796024CBC0.jpeg9F34BE5F-1562-4AB2-BE49-AC0292AFB266.jpeg

I've had the misfortune of having hit the floor very hard on a few occasions - mostly not of my own volition - and you can rest assured that I made a very loud "thud." I think most anyone would, if they were forcibly slammed to the floor.

Hmm. I have never been slammed to the floor (just walls) but you are right. With enough force, I too would make some kind of thud on the floor. However, at 100-120 pounds, I don't think any of the women would make a "very loud" thud (at all). Even a 100 pound bag of cement would make that much of a thud if tossed from 5 feet down onto a surface (as when concrete is unloaded in bags at docks).

A big guy like Ethan, though. Would be different.

grunching here.

i wonder how many people suggested the man in custody, both before and after the Elantra info being released? i'm thinking alot.

it's funny how all the media focus was on University of Idaho in Moscow (and it's of course natural)..... but Pullman is really close to Moscow. were students in Pullman paranoid? or students in other residences at small colleges nearby.... i thought of Pullman long before this person was arrested.

something must have got lost in some of this info that's being commented on ......... one of the 5th/6th roommates came face-to-face with murderer in apartment/house but didn't call the police till 11 am this next day?... surely, this is wrong.

2 Law and Order episodes come to mind. one especially.... the first (don't know title) is when the tourist girl from out-of-town meets the medical student from Hudson university on the bus or train. NOT A SPOILER as that is the first scene...... i won't spoil it but it gets very close to what the suspect in this case was doing or wanted to do

the other one is Pledge, about a 50 year-old man's hatred for sororities (sorry, that is a moderate spoiler)... not sure how relevant it is here, but of course ultimately he was jealous of sorority girls and their carefree, seemingly perfect lives.

lastly, this must have been done many times in crime dramas, but just killing "because i wanted to know what it feels like"

sorry, one more thing, is suspect going to be able to have alot of evidence thrown out based on the controversial way they matched his DNA..... i'm thinking even if it violates his civil rights (i doubt it does, just questionable way of getting evidence to some), a judge will "grin and bear it" and allow the evidence to stand......

Yes - if they were thrown across the room, perhaps by a forceful kick. We discussed this a few threads back and most people were not fond of one of my hypotheses (that Xana could have been thrown or shoved) because a woman that size does not, in most people's view, create a "loud thud" when thrown. I've been thrown a few times, the only time there was any sound was when I hit the wall of a mobile home, a form of student housing. It wasn't a "thud."

When people pass out and fall over, there's no "loud thud."

But if a person is thrown hard against a wall - maybe?

A heavy object thrown or dropped from enough height is a thud. A larger piece of furniture pushed over.

But on audio files, dense audio objects can sound like thuds, when they wouldn't, to a human ear.
I was kind of surprised that sounds could be picked up on a security camera at a neighbor's house. I prefer to think of the thud being a door or object, but I'm afraid it might have been a person. MOO

Here's a question for everyone concerning the distorted audio sounds picked up by a camera at 4:17am.

How would you, as a prosecutor, prove what the sounds were and that they are related to the crime?

The "sounds like voices or a whimper"...call experts on voices and whimpers?
The "loud thud"...call a thud expert?
The "A dog can also be heard barking numerous times..."....call a dog bark expert to identify breed bark?

IMO, when I think about these things, I don't know if this audio could be admitted into evidence at a trial or even the PH. It may be totally acceptable for a probable cause arrest warrant but when push comes to shove can any of that audio actually be proved as to its cause and relation to the crime.

Yes, exactly. But a guy who TAKES HIS PHONE with him, and turns it off AFTER leaving home but while on the way, and then turns in back ON, after leaving the crime scene is not a well-organized criminal.

Further, he takes his own car and parades in front of various (very visible) neighborhood cameras. He turns the phone on in time to capture a very strange way of going back home - and then going BACK TO THE CRIME SCENE. Sheesh. Even beginner criminals know not to do that. IMO.

The thud remains a mystery.
Gee. I was responding only to your default way of shutting a car door, quietly, sort of gentle like. You asked if it wasn't this way for everyone. Thinking back to having occasions where I would have to sneak away from my parents house. Never shut the car door, and leave the lights off until you reach a safe distance away. Then hope for the best. :)

I read that article a while ago. At first I was like oh I can’t wait to share this but then I saw multiple errors in it so I didn’t trust it. Wondering if the statement about K’s injuries being more severe just comes from her dad’s statements rather than LE.
I believe the worst injuries were to E and X and I don’t think it’s going to be close. I think K and M were asleep. K may have woken up but it was too late. Maybe fought after being injured. I think downstairs in X’s room was horrid. They were awake in my opinion and one of them saw the killer which led him to their room. 20/20 mentioned there would be more “bombshells” to drop. I fully believe that too. I believe there was a MASSIVE struggle on the 2nd floor which prompted BK to leave. DM saw him in a panic/ flight out of that house. He was not expecting this kind of struggle. Not to mention a dog barking hysterically. BK knew he was done And had to bail ASAP. Explains speeding from the scene.

Here's a question for everyone concerning the distorted audio sounds picked up by a camera at 4:17am.

How would you, as a prosecutor, prove what the sounds were and that they are related to the crime?

The "A dog can also be heard barking numerous times..."....call a dog bark expert to identify breed bark?

IMO, when I think about these things, I don't know if this audio could be admitted into evidence at a trial or even the PH. It may be totally acceptable for a probable cause arrest warrant but when push comes to shove can any of that audio actually be proved as to its cause and relation to the crime.
Good point. It might have been picking up sounds from any direction of that house 50 feet away. How do they know where the sounds were from unless one of the surviving roomates also heard the sounds. JMO

Hmm. I have never been slammed to the floor (just walls) but you are right. With enough force, I too would make some kind of thud on the floor. However, at 100-120 pounds, I don't think any of the women would make a "very loud" thud (at all). Even a 100 pound bag of cement would make that much of a thud if tossed from 5 feet down onto a surface (as when concrete is unloaded in bags at docks).

A big guy like Ethan, though. Would be different.
What if Xana sees him runs back into the bedroom but he catches up with her and body slams her as she's entering the bedroom? If both of them go down then there's your loud thud.

My theory on the motive: I don’t think he was infatuated with any of them. In that case, it seems more likely that it would have been an abduction/sexual assault/murder. I think he came to a party at their house, was creeping people out, and Kaylee told him to leave. Maddy probably backed her up on that so he was also angry with her, but not as severe. This is in line with the way he acted at the bar that reported he had a history of creeping women out and got angry when they rejected him. It would explain why he knew the lay out of the house. Maybe DM was nice to him at the party and that’s why he didn’t kill her. X and E were just killed because they got in his way.

I think most people have assumed that it was a covid mask. But the vagueness of the PCA statement leaves it wide open for speculation!
I have seen some people that think maybe a gaiter, and a couple thought a ski mask (as long as the eye holes were big enough to expose the bushy eyebrows). With the next hearing 5 months away, I can only imagine how many additional possibilities will get posted. Bandana? Baclava?
Definitely baclava! With holes cut out for the eyes, and honey dripping down his cheeks.

I believe the worst injuries were to E and X and I don’t think it’s going to be close. I think K and M were asleep. K may have woken up but it was too late. Maybe fought after being injured. I think downstairs in X’s room was horrid. They were awake in my opinion and one of them saw the killer which led him to their room. 20/20 mentioned there would be more “bombshells” to drop. I fully believe that too. I believe there was a MASSIVE struggle on the 2nd floor which prompted BK to leave. DM saw him in a panic/ flight out of that house. He was not expecting this kind of struggle. Not to mention a dog barking hysterically. BK knew he was done And had to bail ASAP. Explains speeding from the scene.
Although, DM said that he “walked” past her, I believe. Otherwise, I think your scenario fits.

I think it will be circumstantial evidence. Additionally, these sounds were picked up 5 minutes after we know Xana was on tik tok, and 3 minutes before the suspect peeled out of there. I can't reconcile his hasty 4:20 a.m. departure with him slamming a trunk lid at 4:17 a.m. One is not like the other JMO

My theory on the motive: I don’t think he was infatuated with any of them. In that case, it seems more likely that it would have been an abduction/sexual assault/murder. I think he came to a party at their house, was creeping people out, and Kaylee told him to leave. Maddy probably backed her up on that so he was also angry with her, but not as severe. This is in line with the way he acted at the bar that reported he had a history of creeping women out and got angry when they rejected him. It would explain why he knew the lay out of the house. Maybe DM was nice to him at the party and that’s why he didn’t kill her. X and E were just killed because they got in his way.
Also, this would explain why it was clearly NOT well thought out. He might have seen that Kaylee was in town, became enraged, and acted on it. If he was thinking it through and waiting on a perfect time, he wouldn’t have gone when a dig was in the house and someone was up eating their door dash.

The location of the security camera and the victims house, its completely pointing away from 1122.

I had wrote many pages ago that I thought the thud could not have been picked up from the cam/mic coming from inside the victims home. I speculated then that it was a trunk slam, possibly the killer rushing to get away and slamming his truck lid after putting his murder gear in the trunk

Attachments

• IMG_7402 (1).jpg
    IMG_7402 (1).jpg
    184 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7402.jpg
    IMG_7402.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics