ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 71

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he saw lights on in the house, so that’s why he kept driving around.
If I was planning on murdering someone around 4am that would be because I'd figure that was the best time to hit when people were certain to be sound asleep. I'd have turned around had I seen lights on. I believe he would have done the same. His plan was to sneak in and kill, not be confronted by someone awake. All MOO

If I was planning on murdering someone around 4am that would be because I'd figure that was the best time to hit when people were certain to be sound asleep. I'd have turned around had I seen lights on. I believe he would have done the same. His plan was to sneak in and kill, not be confronted by someone awake. All MOO
Are you capable of murder though? Do you have an overwhelming desire? One that would cause you to stalk this house, buy a knife, buy dark clothing, form a plan, drive to it at 4am with a knife completely prepared to take the lives of some or all of the occupants inside?

Probably not. You've likely never even had a thought. Let alone make it through each one of those hurdles.

And that's the problem with us trying to empathize with or put ourselves in his shoes. His brain literally does not function like ours. His tolerance for fear is 10x that of ours and is likely only linked to self preservation AFTER the fact. The voice in his head that says 'I shouldn't do this' is likely barely audible and drowned out by the excitement and adrenaline of it all.

This is why after decades of studying, interviewing, dissecting (brains, words, etc) these type of killers we still don't really have a clue of what's going on up there.

All MOO of course.

Why would he need to go inside to learn the layout? Every real estate site had crystal clear pictures of the inside of the house up. Every room and hallway. One even had a 3D click through.

I’ll just agree to disagree with the “BK went there alone and partied” folks. Which goes against pretty much everything we’ve heard about the guy so far.

But I get it. June is a ways off and everyone is bored.

Edit: also I remember seeing interviews with that neighbor. His outgoing personality says “ I walk into parties uninvited “. Nothing about BK says that.

Edit 2:

These pictures were on every single real estate site that utilizes MLS (Zillow, Redfin, etc) Which is 99% of them.

Most of the bigger sites have taken down the pictures. And RentCollegePads is keeping the listing up for the sweet SEO traffic but not letting you click through.

But here goes a picture from the real estate listing and a crystal clear shot of the sliding door

Layout is one thing but home decor can add hazards one should be aware of.

Tripping over and unexpected potted plant, chair or other decorative items would wake the household.

I thought perhaps LE moved everything away from the sink and placed it on the table. Like if they were checking the drains for blood. See the same half-full glass and pots and pans in both photos.

View attachment 400271
View attachment 400272

That is NOT a Jack in the Box bag on the table. That is a empty microwave popcorn bag. There is one Jack in the Box bag and that is by the sink.

Why would he need to go inside to learn the layout? Every real estate site had crystal clear pictures of the inside of the house up. Every room and hallway. One even had a 3D click through.

I’ll just agree to disagree with the “BK went there alone and partied” folks. Which goes against pretty much everything we’ve heard about the guy so far.

But I get it. June is a ways off and everyone is bored.

Edit: also I remember seeing interviews with that neighbor. His outgoing personality says “ I walk into parties uninvited “. Nothing about BK says that.

Edit 2:

These pictures were on every single real estate site that utilizes MLS (Zillow, Redfin, etc) Which is 99% of them.

Most of the bigger sites have taken down the pictures. And RentCollegePads is keeping the listing up for the sweet SEO traffic but not letting you click through.

But here goes a picture from the real estate listing and a crystal clear shot of the sliding door

I don't think anyone is saying with any level of certainty he went inside the house. The discussion began when someone asked how he knew about the house, that's all. This is ALL speculation. No one will know anything for sure until it's revealed in court or court documents.

I thought perhaps LE moved everything away from the sink and placed it on the table. Like if they were checking the drains for blood. See the same half-full glass and pots and pans in both photos.

View attachment 400271
View attachment 400272

Before I go back to look, as I'm sure it's been discussed, what is that dripping down the cabinet in your first photo?

If the house was as has been portrayed and speculated about (i.e. a party house, where sometimes, even most of the residents weren't home during a party), I imagine people were coming and going. This happened at a few college parties back in my day. Older people would show up, no one really talked to them and they left. Looking back, it's very creepy because what were they doing there? I imagine if BK did go to one of their parties, he probably walked around awkwardly for a few minutes and then left or kept to himself and just observed. I doubt he actually "partied." My point is, it's a way into the house, especially with people coming and going. MOO.

MOO.
Not invited. Maybe tried to get into it, but really it’s as the OP said these are age homogenous closed parties, even more so at Greek parties. Don’t think an old wired dude would get past the door.

I think we covered it. Nobody was predicting a wrongful conviction in this case. We were just pushing back on the idea that innocent people should speak freely with the police. It's a personal choice, obviously, but not one that proves guilt or innocence.

Once upon a time I would have said, "Why not speak if you have nothing to hide?" But that was 1,049 true crime books and 3,448 episodes of DATELINE ago. (I'm being facetious about the exact numbers.)

Are you talking about innocent people who are detained (not free to leave) or arrested by police?

Should lawyer up at that point. Cops can twist your words, not be accurate in a report, etc...

They tend to make false allegations against you and they are allowed to lie to you all the time.

"You are on camera at the scene."

But not true.

"Your partner says you did it"

But not true.

Last edited:
I saw just once yesterday a mention of injuries and the order of the killings. I was not able to download it and I don't remember the news outlet. Did anyone else see this? If so please post if possible. Thx
IMHO everything about BK and his behavior is odd and unusual for a regular guy. The thing to remember is, based on what we have seen and heard so far, BK is NOT a regular guy. His Dark Passenger rode with him for quite some time before the tragic killings of Kaylee, Madison, Xana, and Ethen.

Sounds like most people in the community knew about the "party house." JMO.
True, but tbf, it’s certainly not the only widely-known “party house” in town. There are a couple of others right in that neighborhood as well as other places around town.

I think it would be fair to say it’s been an iconic off-campus party house for many, many years, so it’s got the longest history.

All MOO.

What does it exactly mean that "they need to do their own testing"?

Isn't testing done by Prosecution reliable or what?
IMO over the last 30+ years there have been various issues involving state operated testing/forensic labs that would call into question their reliability. Here is the most recent example:

IMO tens of thousands of cases overturned in one state can also apply to the innocent people wrongfully prosecuted/convicted analysis. Since drug cases make up a majority of all arrests in the U.S. as opposed to murder arrests, it is also a better category of crime to examine when conducting that analysis. Many people focus on overturned murder convictions, but those are a small percent of the overall number of wrongful convictions...IMO...and that is leaving the entire policy debate about whether incarceration is even appropriate for drugs off the table....IMO

Last edited:
Found this and thought it had great maps and diagrams of the events. JMO

It is helpful - thanks!

Small nit: I remain curious about this part of the PCA, which isn’t addressed in the article, darn it.

“On October 14,2022, Bryan Kohberger was detained as part of a traffic stop by a WSU Police Officer. Upon review of that body cam and report of the stop, Kohberger was the sole occupant and was driving a white 2015 Hyundai Elantra with Pennsylvania plate LFZ-8649.”

It is helpful - thanks!

Small nit: I remain curious about this part of the PCA, which isn’t addressed in the article, darn it.

“On October 14,2022, Bryan Kohberger was detained as part of a traffic stop by a WSU Police Officer. Upon review of that body cam and report of the stop, Kohberger was the sole occupant and was driving a white 2015 Hyundai Elantra with Pennsylvania plate LFZ-8649.”
Isn't is SOP for the officer to ask where you're going to and where you're coming from? I wonder what BK's answer was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member