ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really curious why the identity of the 911 caller is being kept from the public.
That seems odd to me.
Unless they're a possible suspect?
I don't doubt that locals know exactly who resided in the home/crime scene.

Not releasing this info could be both to protect innocent parties that slept through a massacre, prevent a suspect from knowing details (i.e., you left a witness alive), or a housemate could be POI.

That is major, what he just said about other people at the home, but not a hostage situation. They know far more than what is being said here. They are also protecting survivors, essentially.
This was the first thought I had, as well. I could see a scenario where they literally hid for fear of their lives. For hours even. Especially if they thought the suspect was still near.

IMO

Wish I could clear that up. If it was one of the other two roommates, don't know why they would say an unconscious person when there are four people dead/being killed.

From what the police chief says when questioned by the reporter, it does sound as though the 911 call came in reporting an unconscious person, rather than that the dispatcher has got crossed wires.

'You're right. But the report that we got was that it was an unconscious individual it wasn't until our officers arrived on scene, went in to do a caregiving check on the individual who was unconscious that we found the scene that was found'.

' We don't know why that call came in at noon and not in the middle of the night'

When he is asked how many other people were in the house who didn't get killed he says something else extremely odd:

'We believe two'.

I'm inferring from all this the following events:

The police had a report of an unconscious person and arrived on scene to do a care check. They found the door open [ETA: he mentions this earlier in the presser], so they entered the premises and instead found a gruesome murder scene.

IMO the other housemates were still asleep inside the house when the police arrived.

No one found an unconscious person and dialled 911. Someone outside the house dialled 911.

So the 911 call itself is suspect. And the housemates inside don't know how many people slept over that night.

Last edited:
The press conference is interesting. The crime occurred in the early morning hours, BUT the PD chief stated the 911 call didn't come in till noon. Given that there were TWO other roommates in the house certainly makes that interesting. No word as to whether they were there at the time or arrived later or where they were in the house. I wonder if they didn't come in till after the killer left and for some reason didn't see the victims. PD will not say who made the 911 call - one of the other roommates or someone else. Rumors about LE looking for a particular type of knife is interesting since the PD Chief stated they have not recovered the knife, completed the autopsies or have a suspect in mind. The college president also stated he and his staff are in communication with WA State U. I do know from relatives in that area that the relationship between the UofI and WSU is close given the short distance between the schools.

Interesting that he wouldn’t confirm who was home. Seemingly alluding to there being nonresidents are the house. Also wouldn’t address why the residents didn’t call 911
It could be more about protecting the 2 surviving housemates' privacy than alluding to the presence of nonresidents (apart from the killer of course). Though I'm sure they're not ruling the presence of nonresidents out either

I don't doubt that locals know exactly who resided in the home/crime scene.

Not releasing this info could be both to protect innocent parties that slept through a massacre, prevent a suspect from knowing details (i.e., you left a witness alive), or a housemate could be POI.
Anybody and everybody know who lives in that home. It is. 100% all over social media. I would think if that was a fear they would have all social media taken down, but they don't.

I'm still shocked the other roommates were home. My goodness. Were they asleep on a different floor and slept through the attacks? Woke up to a murder scene? Oh my gosh, I can't even imagine going through that.
Maybe they were hiding and didn't come out or came home after and just went to their area and crashed or.... So many unanswered questions

This is exactly my thought. The two roommates weren't killed because they were on a different floor and the killer possibly didn't know they were there.
This also potentially explains the blood dripping reports; although I didn’t pay much attention to those initially, thinking they were sensational headlines. (Sad)

Also of note: DNA is going to be absolutely huge for this case, for a few reasons, one significant one being that if indeed one combat knife was used, DNA will establish the sequence in which they were killed. First victim will not have blood trace of next three; second victim will have at least trace DNA from the first in the wounds - grotesque to imagine, I know. Sorry. But from a scientific standpoint these autopsies and the DNA capabilities of Federal LE will go a long way here toward establishing factual basis.

They’ve got to toss the whole hill behind this house. Either the knife went out with an offender or it got thrown outside.

Others were in the residence! Presumably at the time of the murders. And it was called in hours later as "an unconscious person"?
What's interesting to me is that when a reporter asked about that- basically expressing incredulity that the report was for "an unconscious person", given everything we've heard about how violent the scene was- the chief seemed to acknowledge that. Sort of 'yeah, I know how crazy/unlikely that sounds' expression on his face/motion (JMO obviously!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faefawn