ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide - Moscow #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As totally speculative theories go, here's one to explain access.

Dog hears or sees someone outside through the glass doors and barks. Ethan wakes up, thinks the dog wants to go out, and opens the sliding door. He stands around in the kitchen waiting, and then lets the dog back in without relocking the door, leaving it an access point. Or, the attacker comes in and attacks either when he first opens it or with the dog. Please note I'm not blaming Ethan in any way, I've certainly let my dog out in the middle of the night and realized in the morning I left the door unlocked.
A potty bark would be different than I hear something outside bark, IMO. But I'm catching up and did they say any more about the dog? Is the dog still alive? I feel an unknown intruder would drive a dog crazy and woken people up. A person known to the dog, not so much, but I don't think we know the circumstances with the dog, do we?

I guess anything is possible, but it's hard for me to believe that the red drips running down the outside of the house is blood from inside the house. We had a plumbing emergency where water was running all over the floor, but it didn't run outside the house and down the walls. Just seems a little far fetched.
Yay -- a voice of reason!!

IMO, the isolated streaks down the excavated, above-grade masonry foundation wall are most likely from iron ore and/or copper and the visible, piping just below the siding.

The same interior masonry wall of a heated basement might very well look like the image below and I promise it's not blood oozing from the walls a la Daily Mail:
1668671764894.png

1668671904199.png

A potty bark would be different than I hear something outside bark, IMO. But I'm catching up and did they say any more about the dog? Is the dog still alive? I feel an unknown intruder would drive a dog crazy and woken people up. A person known to the dog, not so much, but I don't think we know the circumstances with the dog, do we?
I haven't seen any updates on the dog. I think I could tell the difference with my dog, but a dog that wasn't mine and that I didn't live with full time, if I was asleep and/or not sober, idk.

My other thought about how Ethan was not in a room is that when I lived in a frat house, long story, we'd sometimes get people who just wandered in super late if we forgot to lock up and turn the main floor lights out, hoping the party was still going or people were at least still hanging out and drinking. We'd hear them and eventually someone would get up and go downstairs and tell them sorry, go home, night's over. It wouldn't be weird or scary ime in a house that had a lot of parties, and the people on the kitchen level would be closest to hear it, and just speculating, I'd have told my boyfriend to go kick them out or he would have volunteered, rather than sending me.

You know, I’ve honestly wondered if the photos were doctored and I wouldn’t put it past the DM. Were there other photos taken by other outlets? If so, I haven’t seen them.
As many issues as I have with the Daily Mail, doctoring photos is not one of them. Publishing and libel laws in the UK are pretty strict and I doubt that they would risk it.

As many issues as I have with the Daily Mail, doctoring photos is not one of them. Publishing and libel laws in the UK are pretty strict and I doubt that they would risk it.
For me, it comes down to if that is in fact blood or not. I'm not hung up on it either way, as we know these four kids were stabbed to death, likely by a combat knife (they've been searching stores for purchase records).

The crime scene has been described as being the worst some of these officers have ever seen, and that's obviously going to be the case based on how they were killed.

The murder locations within that house would be absolutely covered in blood.

From the statements about the crime scene, I am wondering if the weapon may have been a katana and not a knife.
The Idaho Statesman reported that police had been asking about a specific brand of knife:

Moscow police appear to be searching for a “Rambo”-style knife involved in the killing of four University of Idaho students, a store manager said Wednesday.

Scott Jutte, general manager of Moscow Building Supply, told the Idaho Statesman that police have visited the store more than once to ask whether the retailer sold anyone KA-BAR brand knives, which are also known as Kabar or K bar knives.

I've been wondering if they were actually ALL very close.

To me it seems that they are more like two pairs. Maddie and Kaylee are from Idaho, grew up together, considered themselves to be sisters, and were seniors.

Ethan and Xana were respectively from Washington and from Arizona, he was a freshman and she was a junior, and they were a couple.

The two pairs spent their last evening in different locations and horribly were all slaughtered after having at some point reunited at home.

Then there was another pair, if it's accurate that two roommates were home and unaware of the massacre in their own residence.

It definitely makes me wonder, like many others here, if just one person was the target and the others were collateral casualties. Perhaps someone woke up and tried to call for help or tried to intervene, but I still feel that there was either one target, or one pair was targeted.

However this happened, it is terrifying.
They’re college kids. It’s possible the two roommates at home were in the basement, a garage, or even a laundry room away from where the murderer thought to look.

I live about an hour and a half from the campus. The local news is reporting police want to talk to anyone who was seen in a security video of the girls downtown. A local news reporter indicated a person of interest os seen near the girls in the video but hanging back, and appears to follow them when they leave.

There was also a campus security alert (called a “vandal alert”) about someone making threats with a knife. That person was subsequently identified.

To be fair though, it would be impossible to hold a gun on 4 people and murder them with a knife at the same time.

Technically, you could if it was a bayonet. Highly inefficient I'd think unless someone had gone off the deep end playing Rambo airsoft. I'd also say highly unlikely.

How long would autopsy results take to the point where they can guesstimate the size and possibly type of knife?

ADMIN NOTE:

Members need to read the Opening Posts of each new thread. Admin has posted that the Idaho Tribune is NOT an approved source. Please pay attention to what Mods and Admins post.

All posts/responses based on a member linking to the non approved source are being removed.

Technically, you could if it was a bayonet. Highly inefficient I'd think unless someone had gone off the deep end playing Rambo airsoft. I'd also say highly unlikely.

How long would autopsy results take to the point where they can guesstimate the size and possibly type of knife?
I don't think they've guesstimated the type of knife based on the wounds themselves. There are plenty of knife manufacturers other than K-Bar, and I can't imagine the wounds would be so unique as to allow differentiation between brands.

Someone speculated in the last thread that perhaps the sheath had been found, which I do think is the most likely explanation (if they haven't recovered the knife itself).

Just guessing…It probably wouldn’t take long unless they ran into something unusual. In the case of David Grubbs, who was almost decapitated by a swordlike weapon in my area eleven years ago, the FBI was sent information to analyze and determine the type and size of the weapon. IIRC it took several months. Normally, the FBI wouldn’t need to be consulted, but in David’s case it was necessary in order to be more precise. For all that, his attacker has never been identified.

7:57 PM PST November 16, 2022

When police arrived on scene for a wellness check, officers found four victims and other people who were not hurt. Officers say there were no signs of forced entry into the residence. When police arrived, the door was still open.

Police are still saying that this was an isolated, targeted attack. The suspect is still on the loose. They also can't say there's no threat to the community. There was no attempt at robbery. Officers did not reveal who the 911 caller was.

Moscow Police don't know an accurate timeline of where the victims were before their deaths. The location of the weapon at this time is unknown.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Moscow Police at 208-883-7054.

The University of Idaho said a vigil for the students, which was scheduled for Wednesday night, was rescheduled for Nov. 30.

Amanda Roley
@KREMAmandaRoley

BREAKING: I just confirmed the Spokane Co. Medical Examiner has completed the autopsies on the 4 UI students. She just sent the report and recommendations to the Latah Co. Coroner 30min ago. Latah Co. will be the one to make the official ruling.
@KREM2
#UniversityofIdaho

7:46 PM · Nov 16, 2022 from Pullman, WA

I don't think they've guesstimated the type of knife based on the wounds themselves. There are plenty of knife manufacturers other than K-Bar, and I can't imagine the wounds would be so unique as to allow differentiation between brands.

Someone speculated in the last thread that perhaps the sheath had been found, which I do think is the most likely explanation (if they haven't recovered the knife itself).

Or perhaps some stab marks in walls or furniture, where blade width, height and or length might be estimated?

Wonder if that would be a spur of the moment purchase by the killer, or something they had for awhile? Also what lakes & streams might be nearby if they were to ditch the knife, another place to burn or bury bloodied clothes? If things aren't iced over yet, maybe time to do a little magnet fishing?

Man, maybe it's just the recency of Delphi, but kinda get some RA vibes into this. Which is counter to gut, which says someone who saw a target of opportunity that night. Maybe even tailed the Uber? Maybe the killer was on something and (obviously) with impaired judgment?

Almost had to live alone. Can't see how to sneak in at 4AM with bloody clothes or no clothes (having removed bloody clothes and shoes). If they drove would have to clean the car nearly ASAP.

All IMO. This one's a headscratcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member