ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide - Moscow #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess anything is possible, but it's hard for me to believe that the red drips running down the outside of the house is blood from inside the house. We had a plumbing emergency where water was running all over the floor, but it didn't run outside the house and down the walls. Just seems a little far fetched.
Well something did just that though. I think the foundation is missing the sill plate/gasket.

A general manager at Moscow Building Supply told The Idaho Statesman that police visited the store more than once to ask whether the retailer sold anyone KA-BAR brand knives, also known as Kabar or K bar military and utility knives.

Amazon sells KA-BAR brand!

1668678175409.png

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

People gather to pray outside of the Pi Beta Phi sorority house at the University of Idaho after four students were found dead at an apartment complex south of campus, including two sorority members, on Monday, Nov. 14, 2022, in Moscow, Idaho. The Moscow Police Department has labeled the deaths as "homicides" but maintains there is not an active risk to the community.(Zach Wilkinson//The Moscow-Pullman Daily News via AP)

Taken from:

Last edited by a moderator:
What picture are you looking at?
Probably Sigma Chi google street view.

It's believed that Ethan and his biological brother were members of Sigma Chi and resided at the fraternity located at 735 Nez Prez Dr which is .5 miles from the crime scene address at 1122 King Rd. (2 mins by car or 10 min walk).

Probably Sigma Chi google street view.

It's believed that Ethan and his biological brother were members of Sigma Chi and resided at the fraternity located at 735 Nez Prez Dr which is .5 miles from the crime scene address at 1122 King Rd. (2 mins by car or 10 min walk).

The photo I’m looking at is the one included in the news article.

Either way, the house has the fraternity/sorority sign on it.

'We all have to be aware of our surroundings, and make sure we're watching out for each other.'

Fry said they believe it was a 'targeted' attack, but added: 'We need to be aware.

'The individual is still out there.'

He added: 'We cannot say there is no threat to the community.'

Police received a call at noon on Sunday, and have concluded that the four were stabbed to death up to nine hours before, with the killing taking place between 3-4am that morning.

Fry confirmed on Wednesday that two unnamed roommates were inside the house at the time police arrived.

He would not say whether the pair were the ones who called the police.

'The report that we got was that there was an unconscious individual,' said Fry, addressing a press conference on Wednesday evening.

'It wasn't until our officers got onto the scene, to do a wellness check, that we found the scene we found.'
- James Fry, chief of Moscow police

Or perhaps some stab marks in walls or furniture, where blade width, height and or length might be estimated?

Wonder if that would be a spur of the moment purchase by the killer, or something they had for awhile? Also what lakes & streams might be nearby if they were to ditch the knife, another place to burn or bury bloodied clothes? If things aren't iced over yet, maybe time to do a little magnet fishing?

Man, maybe it's just the recency of Delphi, but kinda get some RA vibes into this. Which is counter to gut, which says someone who saw a target of opportunity that night. Maybe even tailed the Uber? Maybe the killer was on something and (obviously) with impaired judgment?

Almost had to live alone. Can't see how to sneak in at 4AM with bloody clothes or no clothes (having removed bloody clothes and shoes). If they drove would have to clean the car nearly ASAP.

All IMO. This one's a headscratcher.
That’s what I was thinking. Someone in the house would have the time (since the 911 call was made almost 9 hours later) to shower and clean clothes. They’ll check the drains and washing machine for any evidence of blood but something tells me it was an inside job. You don’t sleep until noon and wake up to a massacre then call 911 and say there’s an unconscious person here. Unconscious? They were butchered. I’d say there was a murder here. The late call from the house has me wondering how in the world someone could carry this out and they didn’t wake up?? Slept til noon? This is so creepy. The police initial statement also makes me think they may have thought it was an inside job then ruled that out so now they’re warning kids to watch out for each other. This reminds me of the Ted Bundt story. Everyone blends in on a college campus. No one remembers to lock the door or assumes someone else did. I’m sure there was more than one entry but why not the other 2? Did they not know they were there? Something isn’t making sense and I keep going back to that food truck video and that guy who sees the camera and puts his hood up. He looks toward the camera several times. Have they identified him? His actions were so bizarre. The girls were not interested. My gut tells me there’s more to that video. He didn’t all of a sudden get cold. He actually looked straight at the camera then flipped his hat around and put up his hood and stood back the remainder of the video. That creeps me out. IMO

I learned in nursing school that there’s a pretty distinct difference in male vs female perpetrators who use knives. Males tend to stab, either straight in and out if the two people are standing or up and down if the victim is lying down. Females tend to slash, put the knife in and drag it around or swing it around making multiple severe injuries. Male perps are more common but female perps typically cause much more damage to the victim. JMO since this is based on school lecture and my professor’s experiences as a trauma icu nurse.

Even knowing that, I think we are dealing with a male perp, likely under 25, well-known to at least one victim or part of their social circles. Probably “a good kid, just misunderstood” who was rebuffed or didn’t get what he wanted. Imo

What picture are you looking at?
I may have missed it but why were they living in a fraternity? In the tiktok video above one of the girls is also wearing a Sigma Chi hoodie.
The photo I’m looking at is the one included in the news article.

Either way, the house has the fraternity/sorority sign on it.
1668682327941.png

Clearly, the screenshot from post #306 by @BeSweets with label citing "Sigma Chi Fraternity House where four Idaho students were found dead" is incorrect, and the photo is not linked so no idea what MSM is reporting incorrect info!

I think we are clear on both the crime scene street address and Sigma Chi's address and they are not the same!

See map below:

Last edited:
And the two serving students didn’t hear the dog bark then what I would imagine to be screaming? It doesn’t make sense. Where was the dog found? 9 hours with 4 slaughtered victims and no one sees anything but blood is dripping on the foundation? This makes no sense to me. This was an inside job and cops know it. 6 people lived there and it’s dead silent for 9 hours? There will be an arrest soon. They know who did this. They had time to shower and clean clothes. Forensics is pulling drain pipes I bet. They had to be covered. Sorry for the gruesome thought but seriously this doesn’t happen while 2 people are sleeping. IMO
In earlier linked posts, it was stated that the other two female roommates were not home at the time of the murders.

if you had a gun you could
A gun isn't going to help you stab people. If the person being victimized had one there is a good chance it could protect them, but it would not really help the perp in most imaginable circumstances, not in most crimes of violence are people stabbed while held at gunpoint. There is simply no evidence a gun was part of this crime at all.

As far as stabbing four people dead; under several of the possible conditions, it may not just be possible but not difficult at all. Let's just say two of the people were relatively small and not physically strong, and to one degree or another intoxicated. Let's say the other two victims, the male and female, are themselves deep asleep. and the other two unidentified and unharmed people living or visiting there were also deep asleep.
A single deep thrust into thorax or throat is going to prevent anyone from screaming, or even making much of a sound at all.

Also you and I may not imagine ourselves as perps, so we are not thinking from that perspective. But most people would be surprised how much the initiative and surprise in a violent act give the attacker a profound advantage. You and I might picture a violent act as th result of some kind of escalatory series of events. But in fact if you just haul off and stab someone deeply in the thorax, they are not going to make a peep, and the second victim is likely as not to simply freeze in shock. The young man and woman victims may have been deep asleep. If wakened a bit they may not have known what they were hearing if they heard anything. I lived in a place with with four of us roommates and various guests and goings on when I was a junior in undergrad. There were unfamiliar noises all the time -- I just put the pillow over my head and went back to sleep.

We also don't know if there were multiple perps --although I think it could have easily been one.

I just think there is an observational bias among all of us who are sane and not murderers. Anyone with basic close combat training, or anyone who grew up in a bad neighborhood or home knows that surprise initiation of violence is a huge advantage. You do not telegraph what you are going to do in word or deed. You just do it. It is why it is wiser to sucker punch someone, or hit them on the back of the head with a brick then to announce you are going to be violent.

so we don't know how this played out. But I can think of a half dozen scenarios where a military age male with a kitchen or camping knife killed three petite persons and another military age male without other people in the home knowing or even waking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saygoodbyetohollywood