ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide - Moscow #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the one victim that was seen thru the front window (I believe I read) was one maybe on the 1st floor who heard someone knocking at the door and opened the door.

Normally, someone would hear that inside but if the other doors are closed on the 2nd floor and also they are sleeping it off, I can see nobody reacting until the perpetrator entered each room.

This is truly terrible.

If not blood then what substance is it? It’s flowing down and out of the house so a “leak” of some sort. Only other explanation is it is a photoshop by Daily Mail
Leftover Halloween decor? I honestly don't know, but I just can't imagine someone bleeding out in a house to the point that it runs down the outside walls of the house. I could be wrong, but that's just improbable.

Nov 17 2022 rbbm.
''CNN —
With a killer still on the loose, residents of a small college community in Idaho are warned to stay on high alert as authorities try to figure out how four students wound up brutally stabbed to death in a home while two roommates were unharmed and a door left wide open.

“We do not have a suspect at this time, and that individual is still out there,” Moscow Police Chief James Fry said Wednesday.

A homicide weapon and motive also have eluded local police working with the FBI and state police to hunt down a suspect in the city of 25,000, which hasn’t recorded a murder since 2015, according to state police data.

“We cannot say there’s no threat to the community,” Fry said Wednesday during a news conference. “And as we have stated, please stay vigilant, report any suspicious activity and be aware of your surroundings at all times.”

Police previously had said there was no threat to the community.''

“There could be some, you know, some evidence of the suspect that we get during the autopsies which would be helpful,” Mabbutt said.

It seemed to me that the police retracted this sentiment during the presser. They said they think it is an isolated event, but the person is still out there so everyone needs to stay vigilant.

“We cannot say that there is no threat to the community and as we have stated please stay vigilant, report any suspicious activity and be aware of your surroundings at all times,” Fry warned.

Yes, I clarify that "at least they said that initially". I am glad they backtracked as I could not understand why they said that at first when they had no Suspect, or arrest. Then when I heard that there were 6 people in the house, I immediately thought they must have been suspicious of the 2 roomies. However, at the presser they did retract, so maybe not. MOO

Two people were not attacked, was it because the other 4 were the target, or the person didn't know the other two were in the house?

11/16/22

Alivea has been on a mission to do some investigating of her own to try to piece together her sister's final hours. She knows Kaylee and another victim, Maddie, had gone to a popular Moscow bar that evening, grabbed food, and taken an uber. They have also looked at cell phone information to pinpoint who she was in contact with that evening. She says both girls were always cautious with safety in mind.

"I want to add, being vigilant in this case was not enough," she said. "They went out in pairs...they went to trusted places...I know for a fact they locked their doors. There was key pad on their door."

Alivea says the home the victim's shared was a popular hangout, including the night before this tragedy. She said it was likely others did know the code to the door, but it's hard to say who or how many.

[..]

Living together was a dream come true for Kaylee and Maddie who had been best friends since elementary school. Kaylee's family says for as far back as anyone can remember they viewed Maddie as another member too. They shared trips, school events, and major family milestone.

View attachment 380333
Kaylee & Maddie

[..]

Kaylee's family says she was set to graduate in December. She had a job all lined up and was excited for the holidays with her family. She had spent the days before this at their home and was set to move back for a few weeks on Tuesday. Her weekend trip to Moscow was supposed to be brief to show her roommates the vehicle she had just purchased.

This sounds like Kaylee was just visiting…no longer goimg to be a full time resident. Interesting, though maybe meaningless…that she comes back this last time, with her dream car…and her Social media post about how lucky she is, posing with the other three victims. Not the survivors…just those three.

Was there someone with a long standing grudge or seething jealousy…that was set off by that post? The night of the murder might have been the last opportunity to indulge those feelings if Kaylee was the target.. The killer might have been drinking/drugging all night and spurred on to murderous action.

I’m just going to throw something else out there. One thing I’ve learned, through my employment, is most felons will tell you, after they are caught, they look for unlocked doors and windows. That’s usually the case with burglars, home invasion robberies, car thieves, stranger on stranger offenses and many other crimes. That’s just an observation I have made, based on my personal experience.

There have been cases where serial killers have done the same thing. I’m left to wonder if perhaps someone was just walking around turning doorknobs, looking for a victim, or two and stumbled upon four.

Ted Bundy entered the Chi Omega house through an unlocked door. Actually, I think it had a malfunctioning lock, if I recall. He killed two of the girls and injured two others.

Danny Rollong attacked students, in their apartments, at night. There have been countless incidents where a person that had access to a key, through their employment have entered rental properties to commit crimes.

Richard Rameriz aka the night stalker and
Angel Reséndiz aka the railroad killer, entered homes at night.

It’s an extremely risky to enter someone’s home. Many criminals would not even think about taking on four people, in their own home. A lot of people are gun owners. The risk of the residents fighting back, with deadly force, is very high.

Just my opinion, but I think it’s very possible that whoever did this has done something similar, in the past. Probably not multiple victims in one location, but something very similar.

I just pray to God that this monster is stopped, one way or the other, before anyone else is hurt.

Good observations--as with a few other people I flashed on the Bundy Chi Omega murders but also thought about the horrible Danny Rolling Gainesville murders too. And IIRC he used a screwdriver several times to jack open sliding doors so if the killer encountered locked doors, possibly he could've gotten in the same way. Yeah, you may be right--this may not be their first murder. It's kind of hard to imagine someone killing 4 people in a home as their first time, but anything is possible. I think this maybe was a result of someone's intensely jealous rage and the perp was at least an acquaintance. But they could be like a Ramirez type killer and not know them. I'm praying that they find him too, this is just so shocking to me. I'm extremely glad that the Moscow Police have already called in the FBI, towns with not much experience in murder investigations need their expertise. I'm sure they are working on a profile.

Would someone have to be trained in knives in order to execute 4 people without awakening others? Can you just watch videos and learn-I went down the rabbithole of KBar knives and saw that knives are part of Marine basic training in the MCMAP (martial arts) program. Could the killer have been in the military, or trained to use the weapon? I think a frenzied attack would have woken someone up. I don’t think that happened here.

The perp must have wounds to his/her own arms. IMO, no way you can stab four people to death and not end up cutting yourself in the struggle. (leaving DNA behind) Of course, this time of year, long sleeves would cover those wounds.

Latah County prosecuting attorney Bill Thompson addresses the status of the police investigation into the University of Idaho murder case. He says the suspect is still at large, asserts that the crime was likely a targeted attack and explains that while police know who made the 911 call they are still trying to figure out why there was such a delay in contacting authorities.

I learned in nursing school that there’s a pretty distinct difference in male vs female perpetrators who use knives. Males tend to stab, either straight in and out if the two people are standing or up and down if the victim is lying down. Females tend to slash, put the knife in and drag it around or swing it around making multiple severe injuries. Male perps are more common but female perps typically cause much more damage to the victim. JMO since this is based on school lecture and my professor’s experiences as a trauma icu nurse.

Even knowing that, I think we are dealing with a male perp, likely under 25, well-known to at least one victim or part of their social circles. Probably “a good kid, just misunderstood” who was rebuffed or didn’t get what he wanted. Imo
Interesting post, had no idea that female and male knife use was different. I agree on your take of the killer, I think he knows at least one of the victims and is at least part of their social circle too. I know that the use of a knife is usually very personal but it could've been a weapon of opportunity as in one from the kitchen. I'm sure they have already checked for any that are missing. This is very creepy-I hope they can solve this quickly.

From the NY Post, generally not my fave source but within TOS and also this quote feels difficult to factually err on,
Link: Roommates were home when 4 University of Idaho students slaughtered — but called 911 hours later

Key quote:
Following the press conference, an Idaho state police spokesperson told The Post the two roommates were female and are not believed to be suspects. The spokesperson additionally said the pair were uninjured and cooperating with investigators.

The Idaho State Police spokesperson per yesterday’s press conference documentation is Aaron Snell, who is the contact for most of their releases. You can subscribe to those from ISP here, idahostatepoliceidahostatepolice-blogspot-com | Open Legal Blog Archive

I am inclined to believe that quote.

So when police said that the door was still open when they showed up, to me that means actually open, not unlocked IMO. Could it be that it was opened by a roommate? If they are the ones who called 911, they may not have wanted to wait in the house. If I woke up to see a murder scene at my house, I'd be getting out of dodge. Probably running out of the house and not worrying about the door being left open behind me. I know they said the roommates were there when police arrived, but they could have been on the property but not IN the house. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper