ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide - Moscow #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but a dog can sense when an owner is hurt usually so during the commotion you would think this dog would be reacting in someway . Seems strange to think he was just sitting there quietly while they were all bieng murdered and even hours after
Honestly, if someone broke into my house and attempted to harm me, my dogs would likely think it was a game of some sort with all the commotion etc. The dog not reacting (as far as we know) just doesn’t stand out to me at all in this scenario.

This link has the name of the food truck. It appears to be at a stationary location. (Meaning it doesn't pop up in different places.)
I didn’t get that from this link. It just said it’s usually there outside the bar at a certain time. That’s common around my city, a food truck will have their normal spot but will still travel.

Yes, the photo on social is what I was referring to. There were 5 girls introduced as roommates. As far as I know, these were the only girls living in the house.

The additional bedroom could have been a roommate who fell through. But also, do we know it was actual student housing and not just 5 friends who decided to rent a house together? That's what my friends and I did for part of college.
I don’t think it’s student housing.

You and I are thinking of the exact same scenario and same person. I read their mannerisms at the food truck precisely as you did. It jumped off the screen as such, and someone else’s actions were super, super suspicious. I’m not one to read too much into anything and tend to downplay when people jump to conclusions. But I showed the video to my brother without giving him any context to the case (he hadn’t even heard about it) or any of my suspicions. Without any prompting, he pointed out exactly what I thought I saw (and what you obviously did, too).

Maybe that all ends up being a massive red herring with zero relevance. It happens. But IMHO, it sure does raise a very plausible possibility.
I'm hoping it's a red herring, but I'd be surprised. Everything screams "bad situation" to me. Especially the last few seconds of the video. Gives me chills.

Exactly. Danny Rolling subdued his victims at knifepoint, then taped their mouths while he raped and killed them by stabbing them. He killed one young lady and then went downstairs and repeated the same with her roommate. There was someone in another apartment who heard thumping when DR killed one of his victims. But then the noise stopped and the person felt that maybe someone in the other apartment was hanging pictures. People first try to explain away unusually rare events by finding the most common occurance for that type of noise or phenomenon, IMO. If the strange noise or phenomenon stops, then it's dismissed.
It's a good sign that there have been no other murders. Let's hope and pray that no other beautiful souls are lost and that the perp is found quickly.
Strangely, I've been re-reading my book on Rolling, and my first thought when I heard about these poor young folks was how much it reminds me of him. Thanks for posting!

Yes but a dog can sense when an owner is hurt usually so during the commotion you would think this dog would be reacting in someway . Seems strange to think he was just sitting there quietly while they were all bieng murdered and even hours after
What if the perpetrator snuck in via the sliding glass door in the kitchen on the 2nd floor after one of the girls opened it to let the dog out and then closed it while the dog was still outside? Do we know where the dog was found?

I don't know or missed where we know that the uninjured girls live on the first floor. I think that is a supposition. Moreover, we don't know where they slept in the house this night. It was a friend of Ethan's that discovered the victims. Whether he/she was a neighbor, we don't know. (per Ethan's mom)

We don't know if the door was left open, only that it was open when LE arrived. We don't know that the 911 caller did not enter the house. If I am wrong, please correct me. I may have missed a link or story.
I believe the police said the crime scene was on the upper floors and one of the girls moms made a comment about the girls "sleeping upstairs."

As for the door - you're right, it could been left open after the fact and be unrelated to the murders. Maybe the roommates opened it expecting the first responders?

But my gut reaction when the 911 call described "an unconscious person" was that the caller was not in the house. For one, they would have probably described the person as injured, murdered, bloody etc not just unconscious. Also if they saw one body, there would have been at least a second one nearby. Just speculation though, I have no idea of course.

To this point, I wonder if the university has students in the ROTC program? In my long-ago college days, I recall seeing many students dressed in military camouflage on days when they had ROTC events/training to attend. Surely those students would have been trained to use military hand weapons like knives, no?
I also think, however, that a school like this one might have a higher-than-usual proportion of students who are hunters/have hunted wild animals, due to the school's location and its higher proportion of in-state students to out-of-staters. So even limiting the pool of potential suspects to groups of students who have experience with knives like the one we surmise was used in these murders might not really make a dent.*

*Not implying this crime was necessarily committed by a student as opposed to a local person or even someone just passing through the town.
A killer wielding a dangerous knife doesn't need any special training. He just needs the will to use the weapon, the strength to handle it and the rage to kill with it.

Suggesting that the killer might be an ROTC cadet or a student hunter with no evidence to support such a suggestion seems like stereotyping. I'm sure that investigators are not using your suggested approach. In any case, ROTC cadets don't spend much time, if any, on hand to hand combat training with knives.

This picture from your link shows looking into the kitchen on 2nd floor, and one of the victims bedroom on the 3rd:
idaho-university-4-dead-house-8.jpg

There's another view from the road behind (Queen wraps around the house) that offers a view into the other bedroom. Someone could easily observe both bedrooms from the relatively secluded parking lot above/behind their house. There is also a very large apartment complex on the other side (east)of Queen from the house.

500 Queen Rd, Moscow, ID 83843 (Google aerial and street view available)

One could easily see residents of any of those apartments being aware of a "party house" with many attractive sorority girls. One could also likely look into their bedrooms from the parking lot above/behind the victim's house. Entry would be steps away to the sliding glass door.

Story time: some years ago, I lived in a house where neighbors had a teen daughter. One night I went to take my trash out and discovered a similar age male (16?) standing up in one of my trees trying to see in her bedroom. I told him to leave in no uncertain terms and would call the cops if I caught him in my yard again. (I never did thereafter.

Bottom line is some guys do that sort of thing. It was even part of an old music video (Jenny 867-5309) where Tommy Tutone gets hauled off for peeping. That was back in the 80's.

Anyway, where I'm going is one or both of the girls on the 3rd floor may have had a peeper/stalker, maybe the guy ran into them in a bar and got ignored. Maybe he waited for them to return. Since the big apartment complexes and other rentals are all around, easy to make his getaway. This would presume he lived alone or roommates had already left for the holidays.

All Moo. Sorry for the long ramble, just another possibility.
I don't think perp entered through the sliding door. My guess is he knew the keypad code on the front door.

I've been following this horrific case in the news. AFAIK & based on what I've read so far, it doesn't sound like the authorities know much about the motive here.

I.e., were these four victims specifically targeted by someone due to a long-term grudge?! Was the perp. a spurned love interest?! Was this a virtual stranger that they angered (unintentionally/intentionally) at a club/bar/somewhere else that night & were they followed home?! Was there more than one perp?!

Or, was this just a random attack by a crazed psychopath?!

Also haven't heard if the house was burglarized and/or if anything was stolen in the house.

In another case, for MP Misrach Ewuentie, who was found dead, I learned that media reporting on cases involving Princeton students use a certain policy to prevent copycats. MSM oftentimes will soften the news to make it more bearable, more palatable.

Consider these suggestions when listening to LEO phrase specific matters at a Press Conference. These Talking Points are for reporting suicide but if reporting, instead, 4 slashings think of their descriptions.

View attachment 380529

Recommendations - Reporting on Suicide

Has anyone developed a TimeLine of events?

I can hardly think of something so horrific as the slaughter of four vibrant young precious people. My condolences to all who knew and loved these children. The triplets minus one becomes only 2. Far too sad for me to hang around - will drop by from time to time, esp once there's an arrest. May that be soon. Very soon.
Yes wnk posted an updated timeline on the previous page 39.

I've been following this horrific case in the news. AFAIK & based on what I've read so far, it doesn't sound like the authorities know much about the motive here.

I.e., were these four victims specifically targeted by someone due to a grudge?! Was the perp. a spurned love interest?! Was this a virtual stranger that they angered (unintentionally/intentionally) at a club/bar/somewhere else that night & were they followed home?! Was there more than one perp?!

Or, was this just a random attack by a crazed psychopath?!

Also haven't heard if the house was burglarized and/or if anything was stolen in the house.
No sign of robbery per the PC yesterday.

Then there was another pair, if it's accurate that two roommates were home and unaware of the massacre in their own residence.
Yes, that's the really bizarre part. Which indicates to me not much screaming or shouting took place to wake them.

The break -in itself must have made no noise. Nobody awoke.

Also, how how can you kill 4 people silently unless you kill them all in their beds?

If that was the method, how did they know which bedrooms to look in?

And why weren't the other 2 people killed also?

You and I are thinking of the exact same scenario and same person. I read their mannerisms at the food truck precisely as you did. It jumped off the screen as such, and someone else’s actions were super, super suspicious. I’m not one to read too much into anything and tend to downplay when people jump to conclusions. But I showed the video to my brother without giving him any context to the case (he hadn’t even heard about it) or any of my suspicions. Without any prompting, he pointed out exactly what I thought I saw (and what you obviously did, too).

Maybe that all ends up being a massive red herring with zero relevance. It happens. But IMHO, it sure does raise a very plausible possibility.

I agree. I really wanted to believe that this wasn't suspicious - because imagine that if it isn't, it's a pretty hefty accusation to lever at someone. Also, my son is super inept at talking to girls....what if this guy was interested but bad at reading body language and taking hints, and just left when he knew there wasn't a connection?

However, IMO - even if no one at the food truck was involved, the girls were moving away from him, they turned their back to isolate away from him as he seemed to try to follow their movements without any reason for being at the truck - he arrived at the same time, did not seem to be with anyone else and did not purchase from the food truck. He left once he saw them gone. Doesn't mean he left and just didn't go home.

My head thoughts - how long would it take to walk from the food truck to the house? Whether this dude or the other guys they were talking to...or someone not even mentioned? The girls Ubered - but if someone knew where they lived, could that person walk it in the hour or so before the murders took place?

I am sure that whether it was the food truck, the bars, the party, or wherever, that police are tracing driving and walking paths from those to the house, and finding any footage that would show anyone headed in that direction at that time of night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo