ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide - Moscow #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, if someone broke into my house and attempted to harm me, my dogs would likely think it was a game of some sort with all the commotion etc. The dog not reacting (as far as we know) just doesn’t stand out to me at all in this scenario.
I agree with you. I also think of the Sarah Stern case where her dog was there and was confused. Dogs process these situations differently.

I believe the police said the crime scene was on the upper floors and one of the girls moms made a comment about the girls "sleeping upstairs."

As for the door - you're right, it could been left open after the fact and be unrelated to the murders. Maybe the roommates opened it expecting the first responders?

But my gut reaction when the 911 call described "an unconscious person" was that the caller was not in the house. For one, they would have probably described the person as injured, murdered, bloody etc not just unconscious. Also if they saw one body, there would have been at least a second one nearby. Just speculation though, I have no idea of course.
As far as the upper floors, there were also selfies on Instagram of Kaylee &/or Madison where they were definitely in a 3rd floor room with a deck behind them. This indicates 3rd floor. I think the weird layout of this house has people thrown as to how the two surviving housemates did not call 911 (and most likely, did not hear anything).

The lower floor parking lot entry (where the bedrooms of the 2 survivors are believed to be) is off-set from the rest of the house, which is built on a hill. Seems likely that the killer came through the sliding glass door on the opposite side of the house (2nd floor/grade level), which appears to be the "main" living area. My own observation is that sliding doors are commonly left unlocked.

Whoever first spotted a victim in the house on Sunday around noon called 911 and may have been completely freaked out, afraid to enter. If they said to the 911 operator that the person is not moving (and if they didn't know if the person was dead or not), the 911 operator may have used the word "unconscious" when conveying the call, simply because the status of the victim was not known.

Last edited:
How long after the discovery of a crime are the crime scenes themselves usually cleaned? There has been a lot of talk about the potential entrance of the perp through the sliding door, but that picture looks immaculate - no blood on door, floor, tracks (that can be seen, anyway, it’s a night photo), etc. Makes me wonder if the killer exited another way, hard to imagine they’d go through the front, however, where there is a greater chance of being spotted.

The thing is that neighbors report people coming and going all the time even during the night, so it wouldn't seem suspicious to see someone leaving, even at 4am.

I didn’t get that from this link. It just said it’s usually there outside the bar at a certain time. That’s common around my city, a food truck will have their normal spot but will still travel.
From what I can tell, it's mostly stationed on Main Street in Moscow between 1st and 6th streets and known for the twitch streaming. If the patrons there were regulars, they likely knew of the cameras/live stream/filming.

I don't know or missed where we know that the uninjured girls live on the first floor. I think that is a supposition. Moreover, we don't know where they slept in the house this night. It was a friend of Ethan's that discovered the victims. Whether he/she was a neighbor, we don't know. (per Ethan's mom)

We don't know if the door was left open, only that it was open when LE arrived. We don't know that the 911 caller did not enter the house. If I am wrong, please correct me. I may have missed a link or story.
As far as the upper floors, there were also selfies on Instagram of Kaylee &/or Madison where they were definitely in a 3rd floor room with a deck behind them. This indicates 3rd floor. I think the weird layout of this house has people thrown as to how the two surviving housemates did not call 911 (and most likely, did not hear anything).
The lower floor parking lot entry (where the bedrooms of the 2 survivors are believed to be) is off-set from the rest of the house, which is built on a hill. Seems likely that the killer came through the sliding glass door/patio on the opposite side of the house (2nd floor, but grade level), which appears to be the "main" living area. My own observation is that sliding doors are commonly left unlocked.

Whoever first spotted a victim in the house on Sunday around noon called 911 and may have been completely freaked out, afraid to enter. If they said to the 911 operator that the person is not moving (and if they didn't know if the person was dead or not), the 911 operator may have used the word "unconscious" when conveying the call, simply because the status of the victim was not known.

I've been following this horrific case in the news. AFAIK & based on what I've read so far, it doesn't sound like the authorities know much about the motive here.

I.e., were these four victims specifically targeted by someone due to a long-term grudge?! Was the perp. a spurned love interest?! Was this a virtual stranger that they angered (unintentionally/intentionally) at a club/bar/somewhere else that night & were they followed home?! Was there more than one perp?!

Or, was this just a random attack by a crazed psychopath?!

Also haven't heard if the house was burglarized and/or if anything was stolen in the house.
I'll take "random attack by crazed psychopath stranger" for $400, Alex.

I think someone followed them back from the bar/food truck (as a girl who had a few "clingers" when I was in college and can read body language of girls wanting out of a situation, I have my opinions on who this "someone" might be, but that's all speculation regarding someone who hasn't been identified as a suspect [yet?] so I won't elaborate here) and likely waited for their lights to go off before entering the house. I've seen some speculation on SM (hopefully not accurate, but it's still been posted) that makes it sound like this might be an incel-type of situation, which again would lend itself to LE emphasis on it being a targeted crime.
I thought about someone following them back as well, but since both KG and MM took an Uber to their residence from the food truck, I think it would have been difficult for someone on foot to continue to follow or hurry in jump in a car to follow...the other option...the individual would have to have known where they lived.

There are also potential witnesses who do not want to call LE for any reason because of their own potential exposure (unrelated warrants, general distrust of LE), who may be comfortable sending an email from a library. You want to get as much information as possible.
Also: The younger generation would sooner text or email than call.

I thought about someone following them back as well, but since both KG and MM took an Uber to their residence from the food truck, I think it would have been difficult for someone on foot to continue to follow or hurry in jump in a car to follow...the other option...the individual would have to have known where they lived.
Very true it would have been a little difficult to jump in your car and follow Uber because Ubers pick you up sometimes weird places and you have to find them and then you get in and drive off super quick so good point .

Has the Uber driver spoken to the media? What if they shared the Uber with the perp, completely unaware of what awaits? If so, the perpetrator would then know where they live and simply get dropped off a short distance away. Just a thought.

Just something I thought was interesting / worth pointing out.

The neighboring house, as pictured here, has a camera on the front doorway facing the driveway / intersection of Queen Rd. & King Rd. My thoughts were that this camera would have captured anyone that arrived to the home by vehicle / front entryway.

The nature of the type of camera however (it appears to screw into the lightbulb socket) would lead me to believe that it's an out-of-the-box camera solution that you just plug and play, as opposed to having a home camera system with multiple angles of coverage - I could always be wrong though.

Google Maps images don't seem to show any cameras on any neighboring houses, including the camera pictured here - so there very well could be other cameras / Ring cameras we don't know about.

image.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 7.19.18 PM.png

bbm
I have no problem with that.
But to go there ... makes my mind go other places, as in have the remaining students been fully cleared, and I'm waiting for more news regarding that from LE , in the coming days.
As of now I'm guessing yes they've been cleared.
It's strange if no one ever heard a thing.
For a nine hour wait between the murders and the survivors' 911 call, it is confusing.
Unless the time of death is 'off' ?

Graphic :

Unless the victims were silenced -- but not killed immediately -- via throat cutting ?
Here's a thought, in order for that to happen, though, all of the victims had to be somehow unaware, as in sleeping ?
If there was even one scream, it would've awakened the surviving students there, correct ?
M00.
It’s been mentioned in this thread. But orsalya gaal was in an argument, stabbed 50 times and put in a hockey bag and wheeled away and her son upstairs never woke up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo