ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not true. At all.

here are the standards for the defense from the ABA:

there are rules of professional ethics. Defense attorneys cannot lie to the judge or jury.
Entire theories to defend murderers and rapists are often built on lies. I don't understand how that could be true.

That's not true. At all.

here are the standards for the defense from the ABA:

there are rules of professional ethics. Defense attorneys cannot lie to the judge or jury.
I appreciate your input. I worked in the Court system for too long and saw too much. But you are absolutely right about the rules and standards.

It’s a bit more nuanced than that. I personally am fine with LE using genealogy to find perpetrators of violent crime, but it can be considered a slippery slope. Violent crime is one thing, but I do not want every small nonviolent crime, like petty theft, drug use, etc case using familial DNA…
I commented about 30 threads back that this would probably factor in catching the suspect IMHO

I’m not buying that just yet. When the affidavit is unsealed, if it confirms that, I’ll believe it.

Because CNN also said they traced the car to him. Both things are true? I think someone spoke out of turn. I bet they did trace the car to him, then found him at his parent’s home for Xmas break, surveilled him and got his DNA there.
This MSM article has the Arrest Affidavit as a 5 page PDF about half way down the page right below this quote:

"An arrest affidavit for Kohberger didn't reveal any new information about the killings or a possible motive."

Bryan Kohberger: What we know about suspect in Idaho college student murders

It’s weird to me that a smart Phd student of criminology (almost a Dr.) stoops to the level of the criminals he studies. Like he wanted to live it and thought he could outsmart LE? Or was their a bigger purpose for him
This guy was not ’almost a Dr.’. He graduated with his MS May 2022 at 28. That is a bit old.
The most he could have completed is a semester in a PhD program. More begin PhD’s than completed PhDs.
I remains open to how ‘smart’ he was. It certainly seems like his intention was to outsmart the system but so far it looks like that didn’t happen.
My guess is the more we find out the more red flags will show up.

Is this his first violent crime?
Has he had a history of violence or anger/ hatred toward women?
Does he or has he ever had a girlfriend?
Was this elusive Elantra his? Or did he drive something similar?
What has he been doing since high school to have just completed his masters At 28?
Where has he been working?

JMO

Oh we’re definitely on the same page, I think his response reeks of guilt. What I meant is that I believe he’s guilty, and I think therefore has almost necessarily been on edge waiting for that moment to come, and instead of trying to plead innocent, he decided to play “gotcha” and imply he wasn’t alone. In other words I don’t think those words just came to him, he had that answer planned, thinking it would unnerve the police, in my opinion/armchair guess.

I agree with this. He doesn't seem nervous or frightened at all, he doesn't appear that concerned. Just blank, like in his photos. He has to be intelligent though. I don't think he has edge-of-the-seat moments. Watching it all unfold while snacking on some ultra-vegan chips while drinking some homemade spring water, is more what I'm envisioning. Maybe I'm wrong and he's just full of emotions, if so he's locked them away somewhere dark and deep.

I appreciate your input. I worked in the Court system for too long and saw too much. But you are absolutely right about the rules and standards.
I appreciate you understanding this. it's important for people to know that the defense chips away at the prosecution's case, where and when possible, to create reasonable doubt, but the defense does not make up lies.

Do some defendants lie to their attorneys? Yes, but a lawyer who knowingly presents perjured testimony can be disciplined/disbarred. Criminal defense attorneys have a duty to represent their clients, guard their confidences, and present the best case possible, but they also have a duty to the court not to present evidence that they know is false, regardless of whether that evidence is from their client or a witness.

Are there Saul Goodmans out there? Of course, that's any profession, but there are really good attorneys on both sides of the equation.

Professional Ethics of the American Bar Association

Last edited:
This guy was not ’almost a Dr.’. He graduated with his MS May 2022 at 28. That is a bit old.
The most he could have completed is a semester in a PhD program. More begin PhD’s than completed PhDs.
It remains open to how ‘smart’ he was. It certainly seems like his intention was to outsmart the system but so far it looks like that didn’t happen.
My guess is the more we find out the more red flags will show up.

Is this his first violent crime?
Has he had a history of violence or anger/ hatred toward women?
Does he or has he ever had a girlfriend?
Was this elusive Elantra his? Or did he drive something similar?
What has he been doing since high school to have just completed his masters At 28?
Where has he been working?

JMO
Yes I agree I’m sure we will find many red flags. Strange bird for sure. Sorry if I offended with my post

JMO - that there must be a convenient way to get to PA from Eastern WA. Remember the case of a Moses Lake wife killed by her husband? Theresa Bergman. He killed her close to Spokane and was caught in Stanton, PA. I always suspected that the Moscow killer did not escape to WA and Canada, but went East, to Montana and (thought I) South Dakota. But there must be a decently fast and easy route East to PA that he could have used several times to and fro. I wonder what odometer on the Elantra shows.

Heroin does lead to weight loss, but my understanding is that it is a depressant and leads to the opposite of aggression, unless someone is in withdrawals. I think meth would be a more likely candidate for weight loss and aggression. Hypothetically.
I’m been on Methadone(synthetic heroin) for pain. It can cause you to gain weight because you don’t do anything & crave sweets. Addicts often lose weight because they’re not living a normal lifestyle & they spend $$ on drugs instead of food. I was an honors student & needed very little studying in college to make grades. There’s NO WAY I would’ve been able to do that on my meds. It’s JMO that he had to be clean, at least for part of college.

Steve Goncalves said no one in the family knows or recognizes the suspect, but in the hours since they've first learned his name they are starting to see connections between him and Kaylee Goncalves that they aren't ready to discuss yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s a bit more nuanced than that. I personally am fine with LE using genealogy to find perpetrators of violent crime, but it can be considered a slippery slope. Violent crime is one thing, but I do not want every small nonviolent crime, like petty theft, drug use, etc case using familial DNA…

I think DNA became modern fingerprints and will be used, whether we want it, or not. LE can't "forge" DNA, as any retesting will show it.

I’m been on Methadone(synthetic heroin) for pain. It can cause you to gain weight because you don’t do anything & crave sweets. Addicts often lose weight because they’re not living a normal lifestyle & they spend $$ on drugs instead of food. I was an honors student & needed very little studying in college to make grades. There’s NO WAY I would’ve been able to do that on my meds. It’s JMO that he had to be clean, at least for part of college.
I was thinking the same thing. I have in-laws that had drug problems - on Heroin they were zombies, on Methadone, they were/are slightly less zombies.

I don’t think he was going to school OR killing anyone if he was on either.

I agree with this. He doesn't seem nervous or frightened at all, he doesn't appear that concerned. Just blank, like in his photos. He has to be intelligent though. I don't think he has edge-of-the-seat moments. Watching it all unfold while snacking on some ultra-vegan chips while drinking some homemade spring water, is more what I'm envisioning. Maybe I'm wrong and he's just full of emotions, if so he's locked them away somewhere dark and deep.
I may be projecting (likely), but I swear there's a smile there, very slight, around the eyes & mouth. Almost confrontational about the accusation.

I believe he wanted to get caught, but he may have envisioned it taking a whole lot longer than it did. He could have flown to a nonextradition country, he had the chance.

That said, deep down, even if killers never access it, they can't be in a good place to have done what they did, destroy lives the way they do. I can only assume it's out of the deepest lack imaginable in them they were capable of these atrocities. It's sad. Evil, imo, but at the base of it, deeply sad.

I interpreted that to mean that Mr. G had not heard of Bryan Kohberger PRIOR to the arrest, but may have now been given more detail by LE as to how BK and Kaylee were linked.

I am imagining many ways that BK and KG could have been linked or crossed paths, but it's just my speculation so I'll say nothing.
I disagree. I think SG had it right the first time and then his lawyer helped him add the cliffhanger. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste