ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As an expert and instructor in that field, she must know budding serial killers who are drawn to that field and be aware of that fact. I'm sure the topics of her books have attracted some very disturbed fans.
I am curious if she did think he was a bit off. Being shy or quiet is very different than a psychopath.

Who is she (expert and instructor)?

Intellectual? Genius?

He drove 2000 miles to murder people (mostly of a demographic that tends to get a lot of attention when murdered - in other words, would have a lot of LE resources and general attention) in one of only 4 states in the country that not only does not permit the insanity defense*, but also permits the death penalty even if someone is deemed "guilty but insane." He's been arrested within a month-and-a-half because he drove most of the way across the country to a place his car and ID would almost certainly have stood out for the out-of-state aspect and the distance. He apparently used a car associateable with him while accessing gas stations modern enough (like most) to be video-capturing cars and plates of every single vehicle that swings through.

This man is not a genius; he's not even smart or clever. I doubt that his version of meticulous planning some seem to believe he undertook is much more than perhaps dwelling on certain details, possibly obsessively if the OCD thing is accurate clinically. Clearly he did not design a foolproof plan and if it was hyper-detailed, it appears he lacked the ability to discern what was most important and to think through potential flaws, because he missed a big one.

* mental condition can be considered but only to the extent of whether the defendant knew they were committing a crime (seemingly obviously not an issue here); the example the Supreme Court has given, iirc, for an example of the mental state that would meet the standard was someone killing someone they believed to be a wolf.
Uh. He drove six miles to murder people, not 2000

His female friend whom he used to take him riding thru the Poconos said he was on the hunt for heroin. He apparently became a heroin addict who came clean by the time she saw him in 2017. Wonder what year would be between his junior and senior yr of HS?

What I know about addicts is that, typically, the addiction is always present but the user must develop and possess the urge to suppress the desire for using drugs in order to stay clean and sober. A former meth user recently told me that every fiber of her body screams for meth every minute of the day. Addictions are an awful albatross.
What age does high school finish typically? And what age does it start?
I'm just wondering whether the heroin story is true or not?
allegedly while in High school..
Is there a known heroin problem in that specific area going back to when he was in high school?
I can understand experimenting at tender ages but top shelf seems a bit of a reach.
Or maybe he just made the story up, or she did?
Probably a dead end anyway if so long ago.
But that would also have been before he was old enough to buy alcohol?

IMO, you would think that if BK is innocent that he would be singing like a canary…maybe he gotten that far yet. If I was arrested for something I didn’t do, I would be crying, screaming my lungs out, talking nonstop, burning some scorched earth… BK is eerily calm. IDK
If you are ever arrested in the US you should not say a word to the police until represented by an attorney. Any competent lawyer will tell you that.

I suspect the vehicle was registered to father's name. BK could not risk being stopped for any traffic violation.

My other explanation would be that earlier on, BK had periods when he'd not be permitted to drive (seizures come to mind; fear of DUI due to active drinking or using could be another reason), so maybe he got the license and the parents' car before the trip to WA. IRL he could ill afford being stopped in his Elantra on his way to PA. However, as an explanation, it would be easy to say, "I don't feel safe to drive" and dad would hop on the plane, predictably.
Source for the driving restriction?

IMO, you would think that if BK is innocent that he would be singing like a canary…maybe he gotten that far yet. If I was arrested for something I didn’t do, I would be crying, screaming my lungs out, talking nonstop, burning some scorched earth… BK is eerily calm. IDK

Common sense tells me he did this and LE has enough evidence, but I'm not certain of that. Either way, guilty or innocent, IMO JMO if BK is smart, he remains silent and gets back to WA to meet with his attorney. IMO JMO Crying, talking, burning and screaming out lungs will accomplish nothing positive, and pretty sure more than a few guilty people have tried histrionics. IMO JMO Remain calm and quiet and wait for your attorney. IMO JMO but if you google "arrested but innocent what should I do?" you'll find many versions of be calm, be polite, and be quiet.

Because he is not innocent, IMO.

I don't believe i said it does. However, OCD is something that has been mentioned by the family. I wonder if flare-ups of physical OCD correlate with mental obsessiveness too. Either way, full-scope studies are is important because, sadly, each case could provide learning experience, help us understand why people kill. No amount of debates about sociopathy vs psychopathy has provided the answer to this simple question, what drives people to sadistic, controlling, homicidal behaviors, and how can we prevent it? Studies, and more studies, are important.

I don't believe we know the suspect has OCD. The way it's worded, it's said in a casual, non-clinical way. They don't define clinical OCD, imo.

All IMHO

I think they LITERALLY tracked his car from WA to PA as in physically had his car followed by agents.
They had their perp and needed to assure he didn’t dispose of the car or the knife along the way and assure that his dad wasn’t an accessory to the crime.

They were awarded a $1M budget to solve this crime so they were on his tail!
I think they probably collected discarded trash/ DNA after food/ bathroom stops along the way.

I’m not sure about the legality of placing a tracker on his car.
But maybe that’s a moot point and the FBI places trackers on vehicles anyway. Idk. It would be a smart thing to do.

I remember in the Jessie Matthew case ( Hannah Graham) that Jessie took off for TX from VA and the investigators legit lost track of him after he took his sister’s car until someone recognized him and called a tip in from the beach in TX.
I‘ve always wondered if they were smart enough to put a tracker on his sister’s car but I don’t think they did in that case.

It could be like a previous poster suggested, just serviced like tire inspection and oil change for long trip, it'd be easier, faster and safer to drive home 37 hours with two drivers trading off than one doing an overnight in or two in hotels. I might guess the Dad did that with him on the way out last fall too?

IDK, i've done cross country trips and never asked daddy to accompany me but I don't know their family. Difficult to know one way or the other.

Eh. They don't officially have it but their case law says that the defense can use mental condition to undermine mes rea, so it, my friend, is functionally the same thing

Insanity in the State of Idaho - American Psychological Association

They can give a try at not being able to aid in their defense, which can halt and prolong things. Lori Vallow Daybell gave that a try. She was recently found competent though:)

You may be correct but wouldn't that indicate the dad was also evading LE? Why was he evading LE?
I'm not saying evasion actually happened. My point is it COULD happen. You don't track a suspected killer through credit cards-- that's way too iffy. And they would need a warrant to authorize tracking credit cards. I doubt the cops got a warrant the track the dad's cc. JMO.

I suspect the vehicle was registered to father's name. BK could not risk being stopped for any traffic violation.

My other explanation would be that earlier on, BK had periods when he'd not be permitted to drive (seizures come to mind; fear of DUI due to active drinking or using could be another reason), so maybe he got the license and the parents' car before the trip to WA. IRL he could ill afford being stopped in his Elantra on his way to PA. However, as an explanation, it would be easy to say, "I don't feel safe to drive" and dad would hop on the plane, predictably.
He took up boxing as a hobby.
Thumb sucking can cause that crooked nose he has, especially if a toddler sucks the thumb with forefinger raised up against the nose.

I agree with a lot of what you said. This is all MOO. The quote in red is where I question if it's true he was bullied. Was he ever the one bullied? He was overweight for awhile, but the friend doesn't really say BK was bullied. People seem to be assuming that. According to his friends, the fact is BK was the bully. I see something smug and arrogant in him now, and wonder if it was there all along.
SBM. BBM.

Sarah Healey, who went to Pleasant Valley High School with Kohberger, said he was shy and kept to himself and a small group of friends, but some of their classmates – especially girls – mocked Kohberger and threw things at him.
"It was just weird," she said. "But Bryan was bullied a lot, and I never got a chance to say something to defend him, because he would always run away."
Healey said she heard other girls tell Kohberger in their high school to "go away, creep" or "I don't want to hang out with you."

"I honestly think that's what led up to this, because he didn't get the proper help, and it was mainly females that bullied him," Healey said.

11/30/22

Goncalves told Whitworth he’s frustrated with the lack of progress, saying that in the absence of public information, falsehoods are taking root. The grieving father said his daughter had talked about a potential stalker who made her uncomfortable. Investigators say they’ve “looked extensively” into this possibility, “but have not verified or identified a stalker” thus far.

12/5/22

While sitting down for an interview with NewsNation senior national correspondent Brian Entin, the Goncalves family said they are not aware of Kaylee having a stalker ahead of the Nov. 13 murders.

12/5/22

Cops in Moscow, Idaho, said Monday that slain University of Idaho student Kaylee Goncalves’ supposed comments about a potential stalker may have stemmed from a one-off incident at a local business, and that the two men involved are not suspects in her murder.

12/17/22

However, appearing on NewsNation Shanon Gray, who the family hired as an attorney, said they were not "sold on the idea that Kaylee was targeted." He added: "I think the more likely idea if you're going to look at targeting is they were targeting a house that was full of girls, young ladies.

12/30/22

Steve Goncalves said no one in the family knows or recognizes the suspect, but in the hours since they've first learned his name they are starting to see connections between him and Kaylee Goncalves that they aren't ready to discuss yet.

"Now that there's a person and a name that someone can specifically look for and see if there's any connections in any way. So they're just trying to figure it out," the family's attorney, Shanon Grey, told ABC
News.
I feel for them with my whole heart, but I think Dad needs to stop talking so much.

There probably is a link somewhere, but I saw the auto shop thing on CNN TV. If they said what service he was having, I missed it.

Here’s the written version: Suspect in the Idaho college student killings returned home for the holidays weeks after the crime. Here's what we know about him | CNN
2500 miles is a serviceable range if you already have clicks on the board. Oil burns, coolant dissipates.
If its the 2013 Elantra, its 10 years old

Heavy acceleration could have blown a head gasket and warped the head. Any number of faults could have happend. Blown hoses.

Last edited:
I can't see this working for him... a famed crime researcher is a huge step to murdering 4 people in cold blood. MOO is he has always had a perverse interest in violent crime and used his education to "spend time" around his idols (serial killers and violent criminals) and know as much about crime as possible
IMO, so that sort of makes him look” guilty on the surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bman1986