ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sister Golden Hair ...agree re State v Boland, but in State v Rodriguez, the Court concluded that Mr. Rodriguez had no privacy interest in garbage placed in the community dumpster serving his apartment complex.  Rodriguez, 65 Wash.App. at 418-19, 828 P.2d 636. Given that BK was living in communal housing, his trash in the complex dumpster was accessible to police without a search warrant in WA. Given how Chief Fry operates, I wouldn't be surprised if he got a warrant anyway, as a belt and suspender mode of operating- he's running a first class LE operation, IMO.

Yes, regarding the gloves but more importantly is the fact that when you remove the gloves, your DNA is inside them! Doesn't matter about the incidental DNA on the outside.

There were, IMO, no latent fingerprints from the offender, found on any surfaces of the residence. He would be sure of this as he knows his fingerprints are on file (due to his employment as a security guard in PA.)
I'd assume he wouldn't remove then till after he left the premises, so the incidental DNA on the outside of the gloves is all that would be available for transfer. IMO

He could well have worn protective clothing and taken precautions such as those described in NYP article to minimise blood spill.

Also probably likely he was familiar with the case, 2010- could well have come up as part of his Masters.

Why did he use the car though?
He could easily have walked.

I'm suspecting the crime scenes were elaborate but they could just as easily have been chaos...

Could be that his 'coup' was not in the killing but in the elaborate defence he intends to put up?
'Was anybody else arrested?'
If it is proven he took all those precautions, it would certainly remove a “crime of passion“ as his defense. That would pretty much lockdown premeditation. According to “Locard’s Principle”, an offender always leaves something at a crime scene, and takes something away. Of course, according to his classmates, he likely thought he was smart enough to avoid that, but Locard says It is always the case.

A statement released Saturday from Kohberger's public defense attorney, Jason LaBar, says that his client "is eager to be exonerated" and "looks forward to resolving these matters as soon as possible." He intends to waive his extradition hearing set for Tuesday to speed up the transport process, it says.

I wonder if this means BK intends to use his Sixth Amendment rights and force a speedy trial?

Amendment VI​

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Come on! Lots of kids have been bullied to some degree and they do not turn into mass murder - serial killers. His mother seems empathetic from what I've learned about her. His sister seems to be a functioning member of society. Let's not turn this monster into a victim.
True, I offer him no sympathy regarding his background. He apparently was able to function well enough to obtain a Masters Degree and then be accepted to a doctorate program for his PhD!! He has done quite well for himself. Perhaps, IMO, he is just one of those human beings born without conscience, empathy or the ability to love.

Perhaps his own internal deficiencies made him unable to get what he wanted most and that in turn exacerbated his already feelings of emptiness.

At any rate, to this day, it appears he only fed his own fantasies and desires so now may he get his just desserts.

I'd assume he wouldn't remove then till after he left the premises, so the incidental DNA on the outside of the gloves is all that would be available for transfer. IMO
I'd guess his DNA was there from cutting himself. Stabbing is a very bloody mess and the knife gets slippery. When the killer continues to stab, his hand slips down the knife and will slice his hand.

Probably a full week after his extradition court appearance, that's what I think it'll take. Monroe County wants him gone and the governor almost certainly feels the same. I think PA will act quickly. AJMO

Edited by me:
I see now BCK is not fighting extradition from PA, good news.
He will most likely be back in Idaho on Tuesday and within a day the prosecutor's office is obligated to give BK's legal counsel disclosure at which time the public through the media will be privy to any information that led to his being charged, arrested and extradited. The matter of him stating through his public defender in Pennsylvania of looking forward to being exonerated is overly optimistic and his apparent arrogance may foreshadow a not guilty plea at the onset.

Jmoo. Dad needs to stop talking to all media. I know he's grieving, upset and really mad, but he should take everything he knows or finds to the DA, now that there is an arrest has been made. Anything could be used as explanatory evidence.
Now that there's an arrest, I think some people could get gag orders slapped on them. I hope it doesn't come to that. JMO

But to kill FOUR brutally and up close? That's light years beyond *dabbling* to see what it's like to kill *someone*
This killer wanted to WALLOW (so to speak) in the blood of his victims. MOO
True, but we don't know that all four were intended victims. Perhaps after entering the house he realized that there were two people awake on the main floor. When he got upstairs was he expecting one roommate, the other popped in for the weekend. One victim turned into four?

He may have planned for one target - one young woman in the upstairs bedroom because the other upstairs roommate had moved out. There are many ways that the plan could have gone sideways as soon as he entered the house.

He was seen driving to the house between 2:45 and 3:15. I've been trying to understand how he could be heading West from hwy 95 to the murders at 2:45-3:15 and heading West on the same road towards Hwy 95 (802 Mobil gas station) at 3:45. 30 minutes later, including the murders, going the wrong way.

I think he missed the turn, ended up near the Safeway, sped to the Mobil gas station turn-off, and drove to Pullman. Only thing that makes sense is that he was so "energized" he was speeding and missed the turn.

1672552292023.png

1672552711802.png

Google Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads