ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve seen about 100000 definitions of SA over the last few weeks. But I don’t think we have to agree on a definition to think that LE wouldn’t have made such a definitive statement (I’m almost 100% sure) that there were no signs of SA if there was sperm found at the scene.
I think what is meant by the poster is that he satisfied himself after the crime without literal sex.
Just my opinion

The being bullied part didn't come from him, but from his classmate, so I believe it. It was before he drastically changed and became a bully himself.
I disagree. I think he's a manipulative person. I think he did things to the girls, things under the wire or when he was alone with them. When they'd retaliate, he claimed he was being bullied. I think he's smart enough to know how to play the victim.
We have to be very careful to state the facts correctly here. I agree with @indicolite22 that it was others who said he was bullied. Sorry but, I haven't seen any news article anyplace claiming BK stated he was bullied. He probably is a manipulative person. Please provide a link to the news article if BK said himself that he was bullied. Thank You.

DNA could be a mixed sample with one of the victim's blood (+hand slipped down the knife), or it could be skin cells under fingernails (defensive wounds). Did he have any scratches or hand injuries after the murders? Does he have any new scars on his hands today?

Can DNA evidence be ruled out as transfer DNA? DNA on bedding, victim's blood on bedding, party house, free roaming dog ... I'm curious whether he will confess (unlikely), or debate the evidence until he is convicted. He probably envisions himself as the clever forensic criminal profiler who has personal experience of murder as an insight. In reality, his career ambitions just his a concrete wall 3 inches in front of his face.
An ego surpassed common sense. Narcissistic persons tend to become delusional.
Many perpetrators think they won't get caught because they think they are too smart.

In this case, the person had a clean skin. No criminal record.

Will the court hear, the attack didn't go to plan in third person?

Will we hear strong fibre evidence, the jacket on the fire hydrant?

I feel this was planned over a couple of months. Did someone act as a security guard again stalking the house?

AIMOO

That person, who asked not to be identified, said they did not know the father and son but engaged in friendly conversation with them at an auto maintenance shop on December 16 in Pennsylvania, while the two were getting their Elantra serviced. (A separate person also confirmed to CNN the father and son did business at the location on December 16.)

The father told the individual he flew to Washington state and made the cross-country trip with Kohberger, adding his son would be traveling to the west coast alone after the holidays.

So BK arrived to PA on Dec 16, not 17?

Regarding his DNA profile obtained from a blood sample at the crime scene; there is no way on God's green earth he can explain its existence in the residence or a co-mingling on the victim's bodies. Trace evidence DNA obtained from hair or skin for example can be explained, he can say he once visited the residence. Blood DNA found at the crime scene is basically irrefutable. IMO
IMO, if LE indeed found that.

He didn't want anyone to know that the Elantra was traveling across the country, so he quietly drove the car home. I bet he wiped the harddrive on his desktop computer - that was confiscated. If he planned to return to classes after Christmas, he would have kept his car. No way was dad driving back across the country with him after the break and flying home. We all know how it works when a child is across the country at school. They fly home for the holidays, or they stay put because it's too expensive.
Or the car wasn’t actually his — maybe registered to a parent — and they weren’t planning for him take it back to school?

Edited to add: @indicolite22 post —
<snipped>
The father told the individual he flew to Washington state and made the cross-country trip with Kohberger, adding his son would be traveling to the west coast alone after the holidays.

Last edited:
I wonder if this means BK intends to use his Sixth Amendment rights and force a speedy trial?

Demanding a speedy trial is the one defense strategy that has a chance to defeat a prosecution notwithstanding strong evidence.

You demand a speedy trial, knowing the case is still being investigated and put together. The deadlines for disclosure come up fast, and the prosecution misses them because it is under-resourced and maybe not competent to try a capital case due to lack of experience. You might find judges who have never tried a mass murder or any other case that received national press attention, and you hope for mistakes there, especially about venue change issues, due process issues, free press/fair trial issues, and so forth.

The strategy worked well recently in a Colorado case, People v Morphew.

I hope the local prosecutor can call on expert help organizing the evidence, meeting disclosure deadlines, and trying the case, just as investigators called on help from the FBI.

I think that the major problem in his possible defense strategy is that the DNA obtained at the home of the victims may have included blood from one or more victims. The location of his DNA may not have been simply skin cells left on a doorway but could have been left on top of areas in which the crime took place. Another possibility is his own blood being left there....now that would be very difficult to explain if so.
I suppose that they also will find something in his car and/or his apartment.

IMO I think he will be back in Idaho in a lot less than 30 days. They seemed eager to get him back to Idaho at the press conference.
I think the 30 day max is based on if he fights extradition. I hope he sticks to his word that he won’t but I don’t really trust anything he says, I’ll believe it on Tuesday when I see it.

Demanding a speedy trial is the one defense strategy that has a chance to defeat a prosecution notwithstanding strong evidence.

You demand a speedy trial, knowing the case is still being investigated and put together. The deadlines for disclosure come up fast, and the prosecution misses them because it is under-resourced and maybe not competent to try a capital case due to lack of experience. You might find judges who have never tried a mass murder or any other case that received national press attention, and you hope for mistakes there, especially about venue change issues, due process issues, free press/fair trial issues, and so forth.

I hope the local prosecutor can call on expert help organizing the evidence, meeting disclosure deadlines, and trying the case, just as investigators called on help from the FBI.

Will there be a trial for each victim or is there a merge to some degree?

In one of our local cases, the evidence had to be indexed into a database. Excel can only handle so many records.

The case you linked to involved a situation where the remains of the missing person hadn't been found.

We don't know yet what evidence the police have on this guy - but given the circumstances of the crime, I'm guessing it's fairly substantial.

Not saying he is guaranteed to be convicted - but it doesn't seem like this is some 'knee jerk' arrest where they're hoping the case comes together after the fact.

The look out for that car was all over the news and there were pictures posted online and on tv. The crime happened in the general vicinity of his son's school. However, the father sounds completely unaware of the connection to be telling the service people what he did traveling to WA, his son going back to that area, and too much info if you were trying to stay on the down low. I would think BK wouldn't want the car serviced. That car and everyday the faces of those innocent victims murdered were in the media. Is it possible his parents didn't have a clue?

That person, who asked not to be identified, said they did not know the father and son but engaged in friendly conversation with them at an auto maintenance shop on December 16 in Pennsylvania, while the two were getting their Elantra serviced.
(A separate person also confirmed to CNN the father and son did business at the location on December 16.)

The father told the individual he flew to Washington state and made the cross-country trip with Kohberger, adding his son would be traveling to the west coast alone after the holidays. Police have not indicated the suspect’s father is in any way implicated in the killings. CNN has attempted to contact the father for comment.

The person described the younger Kohberger as “a little awkward,” but not suspiciously so. The suspect reportedly told the person he wanted to go into the field of behavioral criminal justice and become a professor.

Come on! Lots of kids have been bullied to some degree and they do not turn into mass murder - serial killers. His mother seems empathetic from what I've learned about her. His sister seems to be a functioning member of society. Let's not turn this monster into a victim.
Seems he did just as much bullying to others, so I’m not buying the “he was bullied” excuse here. Moo

Employees at a PA brewery had notes in their computer system warning about BK's behavior as a patron.

"Staff put in there, ‘Hey, this guy makes creepy comments, keep an eye on him. He’ll have two or three beers and then just get a little too comfortable,'" he said.

Serulneck said Kohberger would ask the female staff or customers who they were at the brewery with, where they lived and what their work schedule was. He said if the women blew him off, “he would get upset with them a little bit,” noting that one time he called one of his staff members a disparaging term when she refused to answer his questions"
"

Those questions are so invasive and make me wonder if he might have been seeking potential victims (in PA) even before moving to Pullman.

Can Kohberger be tried separately for each murder, rather than all at once? If so, the prosecution would have more time to build individual cases and possibly consecutive sentences could be doled out in case the defense were to have some success at trial.

There could be extension granted on the number of victims and the public nature of the case? It might be defense counsel request it. Imo

Which schools did the victims go to?

Which schools did the perpetrator go to?

The look out for that car was all over the news and there were pictures posted online and on tv. The crime happened in the general vicinity of his son's school. However, the father sounds completely unaware of the connection to be telling the service people what he did traveling to WA, his son going back to that area, and too much info if you were trying to stay on the down low. I would think BK wouldn't want the car serviced. That car and everyday the faces of those innocent victims murdered were in the media. Is it possible his parents didn't have a clue?

That person, who asked not to be identified, said they did not know the father and son but engaged in friendly conversation with them at an auto maintenance shop on December 16 in Pennsylvania, while the two were getting their Elantra serviced.
(A separate person also confirmed to CNN the father and son did business at the location on December 16.)

The father told the individual he flew to Washington state and made the cross-country trip with Kohberger, adding his son would be traveling to the west coast alone after the holidays. Police have not indicated the suspect’s father is in any way implicated in the killings. CNN has attempted to contact the father for comment.

The person described the younger Kohberger as “a little awkward,” but not suspiciously so. The suspect reportedly told the person he wanted to go into the field of behavioral criminal justice and become a professor.
Right? How could the father have been completely oblivious. Perhaps BK assumed hiding in plain sight made him less suspect rather than taking extreme measures to disguise the car or his association with it. I swear, certain fact about this case make it seem like BK wanted to be caught.

I would be shocked if he was ever invited to the house. 28 year olds are considered old by college kids, he was new to the area, he was awkward and I don't see him even having guy friends to go with him to make him look a bit cooler.

Did he even have a wingman?

The wingman right now

bryan-cranston.gif

Last edited:
Seeing mention of cars reminds me … I’m wondering if BK contacted KG about the car she was selling and perhaps they met one time?
Just speculation on my part
Didn't someone here post that her new used 2016 Range Rover Evoque was bought in Pullman WA? I think they said the license plate had the name of an auto dealer in Pullman.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member