ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points. I might've missed the article, but what is the source of the neighbour's comments?

sure

here you go

LINK

'
'I didn't really know him, we just said hi,' said the neighbor, who wished not to be named. 'Sometimes he would make loud noises late at night - at 1, 2am. Like he was cleaning - vacuuming or something.' The neighbor said they complained to the property management about the noise.

'He hasn't been here for a while - we haven't heard any noise upstairs for around two, three weeks. I just thought he left for the holidays.'

So now we know more about the survey that BK posted on social media. It was going to be his senior capstone project, but he ran out of time to get the survey results and have it completed, so no responses of the survey were used for his senior capstone project at DeSales University, instead his capstone project was adjusted to be completed without the survey results.

This professor interviewed says she helped him with the survey project, and that although it appears problematic to the public, it follows a model used in criminology.

Interesting.

DM is known for their dodgy practices, but this is most likely true. Their failures are mostly related to politics and propaganda and big time. With regards to criminal affairs they are mostly correct.
Most outlets these days, MSM or not, are known for dodgy political and propaganda practices, regardless of which side you are on.

Well, think about this. It’s very common for all students to leave campus over the Christmas or winter holiday. International students fly to Europe. Asia and Africa to see their families. Would you sit alone in an apartment complex for a month, through Hanukkah or Christmas and New Year’s Eve? Would your parents want to see you over the holidays? It’s perfectly normal for undergrads and grad students to go home over holiday breaks.
For sure!

Well, think about this. It’s very common for all students to leave campus over the Christmas or winter holiday. International students fly to Europe. Asia and Africa to see their families. Would you sit alone in an apartment complex for a month, through Hanukkah or Christmas and New Year’s Eve? Would your parents want to see you over the holidays? It’s perfectly normal for undergrads and grad students to go home over holiday breaks.
Yes, but a round trip plane ticket would be a lot cheaper and way way way easier on everyone than the one way flight for dad plus then gas, food & hotels for the multi day trip home. And then BACK a few weeks later. It’s not the going home. It’s the complicated way it was done. All to get the car out of the area IMO.

More anecdotes about what Bryan Kohberger was like as a classmate:

Mr. Kohberger grew up in suburban eastern Pennsylvania, attending Pleasant Valley High School in Brodheadsville, where former classmates and peers recalled that he had an analytical mind but could sometimes be cruel. Thomas Arntz befriended him while riding the school bus around 2009. He said that their friendship ended in 2014 after lighthearted “ribbing and jabbing” between friends turned “meanspirited,” with Mr. Kohberger sometimes putting him in a headlock hold.

“Over time it just got so, so bad that I just shut down when I was around him,” said Mr. Arntz, now 26. “I eventually just had to cut ties with him.”

----------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Kohberger was a quiet person who liked to work alone but came across as smart, said Brittany Slaven, who took several classes with him at DeSales. She recalled an instance in one of Dr. Ramsland’s classes when students were asked to look at photos of a crime scene and figure out what happened; she said Mr. Kohberger was quick to come up with ideas.

He seemed to show a particular interest in crime scenes and serial killers, Ms. Slaven said.

“At the time it seemed as if he was just a curious student, so if his questions felt odd we didn’t think much of it because it fit our curriculum,” she said.

---------------------------------------------------------

Another student said Mr. Kohberger seemed interested in the thought processes of criminals while they committed crimes and less interested in the social factors that might lead people to do them, saying that he believed some people were just bound to break the law. The fellow student, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he feared that speaking publicly could jeopardize his safety, described Mr. Kohberger as the black sheep of the class, often taking contrarian viewpoints and sometimes getting into arguments with his peers, particularly women.

---------------------------------------------------------

The classmate recalled one instance in which Mr. Kohberger began explaining a somewhat elementary criminology concept to a fellow Ph.D. student, who then accused him of “mansplaining.” A heated back-and-forth ensued and the Ph.D. student eventually stormed out of the classroom, leaving behind her laptop and coffee, he said.

------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Kohberger was also a teaching assistant in a criminal law class during the fall semester, said Hayden Stinchfield, 20, one of the students in that class. He said that Mr. Kohberger often cast his eyes down while speaking in front of the students, not looking at the class directly, giving the impression that he was uncomfortable.

------------------------------------------------------------

Students said Mr. Kohberger had a strong grasp of the subject matter but was a harsh grader, giving extensive critiques of assignments and then defending the lower marks when students complained as a group. Later in the fall, roughly around the time of the killings, Mr. Stinchfield said Mr. Kohberger seemed to start giving better grades, and the assignments that once had his feedback scrawled across every paragraph started coming back clean.

Couple things on my mind. Does the apartment complex he lived in have cameras? IMO LE has to have some type of video of him returning to Pullman and or his apartment in the early morning hours of the 13th. Also, now that his classmates know about him did any of them notice scratches on him after Nov 13th?
Most on and off campus residences in virtually all university settings are owned by landlords that avoid using cameras generally because of the possibility of being sued in instances where there are boisterous parties/celebrations taking place.
The absence of cameras there doesn't preclude possible red light cameras, toll booth cameras and businesses, especially banks, that have security cameras in the surrounding areas. Many vehicles today also have a variety of cameras that video tape and record all events during a person's drive. Furthermore The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration had mandated that all new cars since 2014 contain the EDR (Event Data Recorder..often referred to as the "black box") and information can be accessed per a court order (Warrant) legally to retrieve information therein. The 2015 Hyundai Elantra together with all trim levels had the Bluetooth capability. Incidentally if BK's car had the Bluetooth on it would be trying to pair with any another Bluetooth.Most technology today has built in connections for the user's convenience including NFC, and UWB.

I remember her name from his Reddit survey, IRB approved.

The survey lists Jeffrey Clutter as co-principal investigator and Michelle Bolger as principal investigator.'
( BK was listed as the ' student investigator" )

Last edited:
I agree that his defense lawyer will likely argue material found on his devices are related to his academic studies, his program, research, etc... but I also think that a prosecutor could turn that upside down saying that his academic studies, program, research, etc. were due to his dark thoughts and obsession of wanting to know what it felt like to kill another human being, which is why he picked criminology to study. It was more about wanting to know everything about the subject, and less about wanting a career in criminology.

All MOO.
Good point, IMO "His Dark Materials" = cover, a ruse, or an excuse for everything he might have done that could tie him to the crimes.

Are you asking about what Police Chief Fry said? That after their announcement of BK's arrest, (with his photo), that FOUR HUNDRED CALLS came in to their tip line ? Within the first hour?
I think that's just amazin
IDK if anyone else said this, the threads are going too fast for me to keep up with my work schedule lately but my question is.... how on earth did HIS parents of all people, hear about this crime, know the police are looking for the exact car your son drives and that your son lives 15 mins from the crime scene... and now he's coming home and needed Dad to help him on the long drive WHILE THE SEARCH IS ON FOR HIS CAR and his parents NEVER thought THAT was suspicious!? <modsnip>
I suspect most parents couldn't wrap their minds around the possibility that their child could be guilty of this. Also we know that there were many white Elantras owned by students at the U of Idaho in Moscow plus however many at the U of Washington in Pullman. Surely the families of all of those students didn't suspect their children. Also, BK's car wasn't from one of the model years of the Elantra the authorities claimed to be seeking.

So, here is the link to the local blogger who broke the story in our area. Please note, he is not a professional reporter, but he is our trusted "news guy" in the area that is often ignored by larger press orgs.

Lots of interesting information in the comments section, including several people who claim to know BK or the family. That would not be a surprise, as it's a small world around here.

I was glued to this blogger page as the BK thing was happening. I would have posted a link here, but I'm not certain what is permitted and I don't want to make more work for the mods and admins.

I agree. It's been extensively discussed and while some sleuthers find it strange, many of us don't find it weird at all. I'd do the same for my kids. No way would I encourage cross country traveling alone, for anyone. Too much risk, IMO.
And yet, BK was going to be driving back alone. The father said so in the discussion at the car maintenance shop. I don't find it an odd thing to do, btw, but the drive is not only dangerous one direction. :)

Being serious again, I'm sure many parents would jump at the chance for that much time with their adult child. Many on here have said so. I hate long drives, but would probably jump at it myself. But I think we have to be careful not to assign the attributes of a parental relationship with a normal, well-adjusted adult child to the situation at hand. We are seeing some pretty clear signs that BK is not normal or well-adjusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northsearch