ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idaho 'killer's' criminology professor says he was a brilliant student

So....she never met him in person and only had him for one online class? Doesn't sound like she knows him well at all. She's 33 and considers him to be "one of her best students ever"? Sorry, but that doesn't mean much and I'd take a statement like that one a little more seriously from someone with more teaching experience.

So, here is the link to the local blogger who broke the story in our area. Please note, he is not a professional reporter, but he is our trusted "news guy" in the area that is often ignored by larger press orgs.

Lots of interesting information in the comments section, including several people who claim to know BK or the family. That would not be a surprise, as it's a small world around here.

I was glued to this blogger page as the BK thing was happening. I would have posted a link here, but I'm not certain what is permitted and I don't want to make more work for the mods and admins.
Here was the live footage:

And here is a link from the HOA where the raid/search was conducted.

An ego surpassed common sense. Narcissistic persons tend to become delusional.
Many perpetrators think they won't get caught because they think they are too smart.

In this case, the person had a clean skin. No criminal record.

Will the court hear, the attack didn't go to plan in third person?

Will we hear strong fibre evidence, the jacket on the fire hydrant?

I feel this was planned over a couple of months. Did someone act as a security guard again stalking the house?

AIMOO
Will we hear strong fibre evidence, the jacket on the fire hydrant?

this is new to me would you explain??? TIA

I don't think I've ever posted on WS before, so please forgive me if I'm breaking protocols.

1. A Question: Would BK need to be finger printed or background checked to visit prisons as part of the Criminology studies?
2. A Thought: Given that he reportedly participated in or observed discussions about the crime, I would be surprised if he did not want to hear his family's thoughts on it and bring it up if they did not already know.
3. A Thought: Leaving a white Elantra with non-Idaho plates is a ticking time bomb if someone notices it or it requires towing.

Found this ... he might be on one of the cameras.

And yet, BK was going to be driving back alone. The father said so in the discussion at the car maintenance shop. I don't find it an odd thing to do, btw, but the drive is not only dangerous one direction. :)

Being serious again, I'm sure many parents would jump at the chance for that much time with their adult child. Many on here have said so. I hate long drives, but would probably jump at it myself. But I think we have to be careful not to assign the attributes of a parental relationship with a normal, well-adjusted adult child to the situation at hand. We are seeing some pretty clear signs that BK is not normal or well-adjusted.
I don't believe BK EVER intended to drive the Hyundai back to Pullman. IMO he wanted that vehicle clear across the country and in his parents' garage, or somewhere out of sight. Afterall, the vehicle wasn't even registered to him so he could leave it in PA and fly back to Pullman and in HIS mind he is the cleverest of all criminals. IMO

This from Nov 21

“They’re telling us that there’s so much evidence that it’s going to take a lot of time to process it all,” Steve Goncalves told Fox News on Sunday.
“This wasn’t like a pinpoint crime. This person was sloppy.”

The grieving parents said police have not been able to confirm whether they have DNA from the suspect, but that officials have set up a mobile unit at the scene of the horrific crime in order to try to “expedite things.”

The killer “made a mess there, and they’re going to have to go through that point by point,” her father added.

I suspect most parents couldn't wrap their minds around the possibility that their child could be guilty of this. Also we know that there were many white Elantras owned by students at the U of Idaho in Moscow plus however many at the U of Washington in Pullman. Surely the families of all of those students didn't suspect their children. Also, BK's car wasn't from one of the model years of the Elantra the authorities claimed to be seeking.
I am 100 percent sure his parents didn't think in any way, shape or form, that their son was the killer. Most parents wouldn't even consider such a thing. They are also victims of his actions if in fact he is the killer.

And yet, BK was going to be driving back alone. The father said so in the discussion at the car maintenance shop. I don't find it an odd thing to do, btw, but the drive is not only dangerous one direction. :)

Snipped for focus.

Not really. The car maintenance person says that's what the father said. We don't know that's what he actually said. We also don't know that plans wouldn't have changed since the father was supposedly saying what would happen in the future. A lot can change between 12/16 when he said it and January when BK would have to return.

While I agree that we can't assign our own motives in parent/child relationships to every case, we also can't assume every single thing that happened is relevant to murder or dysfunction. The car/drive with dad debate came up because some find it so weird that Dad would do that and some of us are just saying that's the least weird thing about this whole case to us.

MOO.

So....she never met him in person and only had him for one online class? Doesn't sound like she knows him well at all. She's 33 and considers him to be "one of her best students ever"? Sorry, but that doesn't mean much and I'd take a statement like that one a little more seriously from someone with more teaching experience.
I thought the same.
but she was also his Reddit survey ' investigator'

Am surprised that DeSales University is allowing her to speak to the media. ( especially considering what she's saying at the link)

The alleged may have lost weight due to over exercise and aggression, and not due to an eating disorder. What I am talking about also goes beyond just bossing people around, but rather finding an outlet for aggression and controlling behaviour by any and all means. I just very much doubt this alleged offender had an eating disorder despite losing a lot of weight and being overbearing about cooking implements, but that it stems from a drive for dominance and control - rather much like other mass murderers. But it is speculation - he may have lost weight over a long period of time, it may be due to hormones, drug use, alcoholism, etc., neither therefore an eating disorder or a controlling mindset.
I’m guessing amphetamines. This would explain both the weight loss and the change In demeanor.

More teaching experience than 10 years? She may be young but she does have a decade of teaching experience.

Bolger, 33, who has been an Associate Professor at DeSales for the past eight years,

In my 10 years of teaching, I've only recommended two students to a PhD program and he was one of them.

Article from OP's post: Idaho 'killer's' criminology professor says he was a brilliant student

The Mad Greek is a chain that, per google, was started in Southern California. I have stopped at the original (1974) Mad Greek in Baker, CA, many, many times; it is halfway between LA and Las Vegas, and always busy.

If the Moscow diner is at all similar, the menu is pretty extensive. It almost reminds me of a Jewish deli-type restaurant, with the emphasis on traditional Greek--rather than Jewish--dishes. But almost anyone can find something to eat there: not specifically vegetarian, but I assume a vegetarian could cope.
SBM

Wrong Mad Greek - here’s the 411 about the origins of the one here in Moscow:
Foodies Diary: Mad Greek, Moscow

Wth?

From your link:
Those inside the private development passed by the Kohberger home to snap photos and take video.

The front screen door of the home appeared to have been ripped off its hinges and the front door window was smashed, covered with duct tape. The door and smashed glass were discarded behind the home.

It appears to me he's pretty intelligent, and probably has a personality disorder going on (IANAP). The door is from the 3 a.m. raid. They don't walk up and ring the doorbell. I thought maybe they were afraid he was going to take his parents hostage and go out in a blaze of glory, if/when he was captured. This is one of the times I think a no-knock was valid.

Clearly she hasn't seen the high profile criminologists scoffing at the questions, it wasn't just the public. IMO it was poor judgement for her to do this interview.

Interesting....perhaps some of those here with an academic background can weigh in on this (from the article):

'I was one of the professors who helped Bryan with his proposal on his graduate thesis, his capstone project. He did put out a routine questionnaire for his thesis. It looks weird, I understand from the public view. But in criminology it's normal.'

'It's a criminology theory called script theory, it's a normal theory on how and why criminals commit their crime, etc.'

Bolger said, Bryan didn't even end up using any of the data he gleaned from the questionnaire, 'you aren't going to find it anywhere.'

Instead, she said, because he ran out of time, 'his graduate thesis was a narrative one based on the information.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08