ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although this lame brained criminal (BCK) had the police following him all the way to his family home in PA and, perhaps, even collecting trash from his father's meals. There were *so* many vectors by which they could have done genealogical DNA analysis to find him - I"m just glad they used GEDMatch early on, and that they *could* use it, as it means they have very good samples of his DNA.

Which does indeed puzzle me and I can't wait to find out what other mistakes he made (or how clever the forensics were).
How do we know they used GEDMatch? I'm sorry if I missed a link..or two... IMO.

I think the whole subject is overblown. Chances are if you study criminology, you studied a serial killer. Also, there is a good chance that you had a well know prof that studied serial killers and probably writes books. Most social science tenured profs publish.

... and I suspect that most, or at least many, SK-themed books actually sell, which can be useful in a difficult academic publishing marketplace.

I think the "copycat" idea in this case might, for once, be an interesting factor in terms of the planning and anticipated outcomes, although as always I'm not sure the motives matter much in terms of prevention, mitigation, etc. There will hopefully not be many BCKs, but there will likely always be some of them.

Mmmm....not so sure...

On requesr by the labdlord, the court issued the order LE to vacate the property and organise professional cleaning before returning it to the landlord.

So, only the court could issue an order to void its own order and halt the cleaning

There were reports that the defence made that request to the court and at that time BK had only one legal reoresentative, in PA, so it must have been him. I am pretty confident albeit guessing that LE was cooperating with the defence.

This is not a sport game, you see. Our team, their team, they are our enemies, who is the winner etc

Law and the legal system are much more than that, people operate modtly as a team. Jmoo

The article explicitly states that he has an unnamed Idaho attorney.

Also, Chief Fry said that he could not oppose the court's order allowing the landlord to access and clean his own home when the criminal case had not been filed. Chief Fry said in an interview within the past few days that now that there's a case number, he has standing in court to oppose any destruction of evidence/access to the house, etc.

Landlord is yet another victim here, albeit way down the chain of all the victims here.

I confess that I'm surprised (and probably naive) that he has a defense "team" without having been arraigned in Idaho. Am I right to think it must be someone acting pro bono since he hasn't been in Idaho to tell the court he's indigent?
I asked that same question up thread, I'm wondering too! If a bigwig, high profile defense lawyer would take this pro bono for exposure (or challenge).

Is it just me or does he look like he's trying not to smirk or smile a bit? He looks so casual.

I don't see that, but he does look uneasy and he may be searching the room for a familiar face.

I see nothing remotely like a smile. He's blinking more than normal when he first walks in. Made me wonder if he usually wears contact lenses and isn't allowed them at the moment, Like someone trying to see a little better.

I posted earlier.

BK &dad arrived in Pa Dec 13
Car serviced Dec 16th
Arrested Dec 30th

4 day surveillance started Dec 27th?

I had also commented on the last thread that it had been reported on 12/13 that police had obtained 50 warrants. If any of them were in relation to BK, then LE had their sites on him for a bit, and longer than I thought.

I wonder how many, if any, of those warrants were in relation to BK.

I can't wait to find out the answers to this.

Yes, more victims than you would think.

I would imagine the parents thought that one he was 28 had a masters and was in a PHD program they were successful and could kick back. Their world definitely was rocked. While they have spoke of support, their statements and appearance look to me as they are braced for the worst.
I was just thinking this could be a motive for a really sick and twisted individual who holds major resentment towards their own family. Destroy their lives worse than killing them would by forcing them to live with what their son did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay