ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's absolutely tremendous acting out against his own family. Sure, maybe it's totally below the threshold of his conscious mind, but seriously, he has stuck a knife into the hearts of his own family.

That mug shot. Can you imagine seeing your kid's face with that expression? Hey, mom. Hey, dad. This is who your son really is. Do you see me now?

I too think he was worried his parents might be indicted as accessories after the fact. That's why he asked that question. He likely knew that it was a no knock warrant, and it could have been broader than just him. LE didn't seem to think that just going up and knocking on the door and speaking to Mom and Dad was the way to go.

IMO.
I am truly heartbroken for his parents.

I saw that article a couple days ago too
No, there was not what was said.

I searched for that infirnation.

What was said was by his student on video he recorded explaining the grading issue. I watched that video last night, few times. The student said that BK stopped shaving every day after the murders, not like growing beard, just had a little stubble.

I was thinking of that a lot. 2 days stubble would not cover scratches nor bruises. Besides, there are no records that any of his students saw BK for 2 weeks after murders, around the Thanksgiving break at the uni. That means that we do not know if anyone will confirm that BK had any sctatches on his face or hands.

So self sabotage/self hatred and death wish? Definitely could be. I thought he seemed so arrogant from what I've read and seen.

I'm eager to see how this all unfolds and if anyone gets a better sense of his motive, personality and behavioral diagnosis (although you pretty much nailed it early on with a profile before he was named suspect which was great)!
IMO
I can't help notice he is an extremely motivated and affected. His friends stated that he was bullied and became rail thin during the summer, took up boxing and changed in personality.

It takes some drive (good or bad) to accomplish extreme weight lose if always overweight. Most people don't take up boxing at that age if not in heavy contact sports before. He appears to be driven by something in the past.

WOW.... listening to live coverage of the detention hearing by WFLA-- reporting that Indiana Police have NO RECORD of BK and dad being stopped during the December 2022 drive to PA. o_O

Until all the allegations including that investigators used genealogy DNA database reported by Moscow PD/King Road site, all allegations are grains of salt for me!

I'm done with unnamed sources!

The high level of rumors in this case has definitely made it a challenge to follow. JMO

A little more from pre-hearing chat with experts:

Dr. Debbie Goodman, criminologist, says Bryan will be transported back to Idaho by a private, contracted jet. He won't be on a commercial flight.

When asked why Bryan went back to Pennsylvania, she said that criminals return to where they can find unconditional love, where parents are likely to say, "I love you....no matter what."

She was asked how Bryan can get a fair trial and she said that those selected for jury duty are likely to feel it is a privilege/honor and will be the kind of people who can set aside preconceived notions to listen with an open mind.
I think counter-intuitively maybe that people are more likely to get a fair trial now even with all the social media 24/7 coverage. Potential jurors have also seen miscarriages of justice and police misconduct come to light. They may be more critical to ensure the state meets its burden fairly and justly than ever before.

WOW.... listening to live coverage of the detention hearing by WFLA-- reporting that Indiana Police have NO RECORD of BK and dad being stopped during the December 2022 drive to PA. o_O

Until all the allegations including that investigators used genealogy DNA database reported by Moscow PD/King Road site, all allegations are grains of salt for me!

I'm done with unnamed sources!
This has gotten ridiculous, hasn't it? Imo.

There is definitely a lot more to this that isn't obvious to me yet-

They knew to follow him but didn't have enough to arrest him. If they had had a familial tree that included him from GED and knew he owned a white Elantra he would have been under arrest.

If they didn't have the tree constructed yet then how did they know to devote the resources to follow him?
These are my thoughts all along.

While I do believe that there are body language experts who can try to discern things from the way someone looks or holds themselves, I always find it interesting when people start ascribing good/evil traits to individuals on the basis of a photograph or short video. I believe studies have been done where the photos of criminals/victims are swapped for one another and people still say the one they think is the criminal looks evil, while the one they think is the victim looks angelic. Just human nature I guess.
I think the answer to this is simple - our brains tend to associate a person's appearance and how we perceive them with the acts we think they've done.

I guarantee you if Kohberger wasn't accused of these murders, nobody would call him creepy looking, let alone being evil just from pictures. He'd look like a completely normal, average person. I'd imagine even if he looked like Brad Pitt, people would still be calling him a creepy weirdo. I think we're simply wired as humans to believe that someone has to be ugly and creepy looking to do such a disgusting act when the vast majority of times, he might look like your friendly neighbor. And that's kind of hard to come to terms with.

Why are we thinking BK will be tried in a different county?
I don't think it's known yet whether venue will be changed.

Edit: deleted the rest as I confused prosecutor with defense, eek!

In any case Anne Taylor is death-penalty qualified.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member