ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly I have to agree with the person who wrote this article. For my part, I have no interest in serial killers. When I see those programs on TV I change the channel. I know that lots of people find serial killers fascinating, but I do not. I would rather walk over hot coal then watch a show about Jeffrey Dahmer- ugh.
The article makes a number of good points. We have to remember that the families of the victims come first and that BK is innocent until proven guilty.

He probably was having mental issues. He probably thought he would be calm after but he is processing stuff he did and saw and he was probably not comfortable in his head space and didnt want to be alone . Anyway I picture him of being the type to not want to release control over his non airport friendly medication and /or weapons. Plus they probably met up in Vegas .
SO wow though ,you can see it is the same car in the store video . From that dirt line on the rear door /quarter panel. Like crime guy ! 101 lesson..wash the car first and if not then after for sure! I get that getting caught with the car is also not smart but that is an advanced lesson

Who met whom in Vegas? Why in Vegas?Where the Vegas came from, our of the blue? Am I missing some vital piece of information?

So posting this again because I think it is extremely telling

Dashcam video of traffic stop where daddy mentions the murders 1:08 - 1:11
BK Dad says to LE :"my son goes to wsu...the shootings,,,,"

something tells me BK lawyer is not being truthful about the "planned " drive from WA to PA ..even the cop says its a long drive and asks them if they ever heard of planes.

the father mentioning to the LE officer about the murders is interesting the say the least
Exactly how close was BK’s apartment to the gun incident in Pullman? I wonder if Dad followed the news or had no idea about nearby Idaho.

I think he drove back for two reasons.

First he needed to get the car out of the area.

Secondly, I’m not entirely sure he planned on going back.

MOO
If he was going home for break, there may have been no car available for him to use in PA. But what did Dad’s flight cost? One way is pricey. Maybe he booked a round trip and had planned to road trip back with BK and then fly home.

A possibility that one or more victims' was actually sexually assaulted?

Even though LE stated early on in the investigation that there was no evidence of sexual assault on any of the victims' remains, would it still be possible for this not to be true as part of an ongoing effort to psychologically manipulate the suspect prior to the arrest? I've always felt from the beginning that LE was purposely misleading the suspect in regard to the ongoing investigation, and therefore releasing misinformation in such a way as to disguise the extent of the evidence that was being collected and analyzed.

LE certainly seems extremely confident that they've identified the correct suspect, along with all the evidence they need to obtain a conviction. This would seem to suggest that not only did LE recover the suspect's DNA at the crime scene, but recovered genetic material in a particularly incriminating circumstance or location. Following up on this, how uncommon would it be for a potential serial killer to not sexually assault female victims in a situation such as this? Almost all of the most notorious serial killers convicted in past similar crimes were as much sexual predators as murderers.

I've wondered about this myself. And, I really hope this is true--as opposed to LE just trying to act as though they know more than they do.

I know departments have chosen to mislead intentionally in the past to keep a suspect off his toes. Still, I'm not sure it always works as well as intended, especially in these days of instant-social-media-information.

Some of the things Fry has said have led me to question the force's integrity, but I hope I'm wrong. I try to consider how difficult it would be for a small department to be thrown into such a high-profile case with no warning. I'm sympathetic to that.

But some things, like Fry still asking the public for tips after the arrest of BK, don't engender a high level of confidence. MOO

Exactly how close was BK’s apartment to the gun incident in Pullman? I wonder if Dad followed the news or had no idea about nearby Idaho.

If he was going home for break, there may have been no car available for him to use in PA. But what did Dad’s flight cost? One way is pricey. Maybe he booked a round trip and had planned to road trip back with BK and then fly home.
The cost of dad's flight (unless he has frequent flyer miles) plus the cost of gas and wear-and-tear on the car, was almost certainly more than giving BK a ticket and getting a rental car for the time he was home.

So, I suspect the dad was looking at it as a father/son bonding time. A road trip, if you will.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed> I heard that both stops were legitimate, but that leads me to speculate as to why?

Was BK highly distracted?
Was the conversation between father and son tense?
Or, were the state patrolmen just hyper-vigilant that day?

Last edited by a moderator:
I
I don’t expect him to strike a pose, but I also can’t help but imagine waking up at 3am to that expression/face looming over me, knife or no knife, and

I'm sorry if I've missed this- I fell asleep trying to catch up last night and I don't have time now-

This makes me think the first stop may have been to "touch bases", check in, slow him down, etc., at the direction of those tracking him and the second one was completely coincidental.

Why else would they release one but not the other?

View attachment 392301
Something is going on with the first stop for sure. The patrolman said "we dont have any black SUVS , like his first response sounds normal at first but I dont think he expected to hear that and his mind was racing maybe . The first stop was implied that it was a county cop because the SUV opinions of the second stop officer . Why would a county cop be more protected for trial than the state trooper? TLDR I think the FBI pulled him over and pretended to be a state trooper. Then a state trooper pulled him over . All moo's

By the time he goes to trial, they'll be able to seat an impartial jury. In 2020 there were 27,476 registered voters in Latah county. They found jurors in Pike County, OH for the Rhoden/Gilley Murders (eight people murdered/four defendants/four locations) and there aren't much over 27,000 people living in that entire county. It was the highest-profile case in the state's history at that. I don't see them moving it, but they could surprise me.
I (obviously a true crime fan) live in a small town with very very few murders. Well we actually had a murder earlier this year, that was big news of course and even led to me getting an emergency alert from my employer. I guess it faded from the news because it appeared on a recent 'top stories of the year' rundown and I had completely forgotten about it! Given the amount of time there will be before a jury is seated, this too will fade from the news and people will forget enough that an a suitable jury will be found. MOO

Who met whom in Vegas? Why in Vegas?Where the Vegas came from, our of the blue? Am I missing some vital piece of information?
Bryan might/ could have / have met up with his dad in Vegas. It maybe why they drove back together ,it might be something about the drive that is unrelated to the murders is all I was trying to say.

I'm sorry if I've missed this- I fell asleep trying to catch up last night and I don't have time now-

This makes me think the first stop may have been to "touch bases", check in, slow him down, etc., at the direction of those tracking him and the second one was completely coincidental.

Why else would they release one but not the other?

View attachment 392301

BBM: The only other thing I can think of, is that both were coincidental, but something was said or done that could be potential evidence on the first stop.

IMO, experienced officers seem to have keen intuition, and can sense if something is off, even if they don't know what. They could have just been being "nosey".

The other alternative is that BK is a terrible driver (assuming he was driving on the first stop). He may well have been driving dangerously close to vehicles in front of him.

MOO

I got to thinking about some of the interviews with serial killers or murderers I have seen. Admittedly I have not seen a lot of them. But it seems like Christensen, Gacy, Dahmer, Rader and Bundy were all pretty calm. I'm thinking those that did cry and behave hysterically are the ones who perhaps felt remorse for what they had done. The others not so much. JMO
There's a study that shows even twins react differently to trauma. Human nature can be so unique. Thank goodness we use evidence in trials. MOO

edited for
I agree with you.

Before even reading the article from your post, I wrote yesterday something along the line that this is not a football game, but that does not help a lot. There always be people who will enjoy entertainment of bashing someone who is not in position to defend or retaliate. But, once the table turns 180 degrees are first to complain of being bullied. What goes around, comes around, it is good to remember this saying.

And another one. Do not kick a fallen man. It is temptingly, but stay decent.

The best policy at the moment is to wait and see what Moscow prosecutor has in that sealed file. I keep my mind open, not only because we know almost nothing as far as evidence is concerned. But also because if yesterday presser at Moscow ID after the extradition hearing is anything to go by, it was inconvincing. In Moscow ID are evidently not entirely happy that BK waived his extradition without fight. Which makes me thinking: why? Do they need more time, because so far they could not find any connection between BK and any of the victims? Did they fail to find some victims DNA in the car. Because, let be honest, in the light of missing murder weapon, of any evidence of connection between BK and any of the victims, and any indication that BK was fascinated or undergone knives combat or any combat training if we have to be precise, the question how he managed to kill 4 people and what was the motives for such horrible crime will hang in the air and will not go away.

He may be shy, socially awkward, he may be hard grader, he may be bulling as an act of retaliation of being bullied, but none of this is a criminal offence. This has to be remembered. He may commit the crime he is accused of, but he may be innocent. At this moment we do not know.

And let's not forget the victims and their families. The worst that could happen to them is 6 months from now BK to go free because of lack of evidence against him or because he is acquitred due to unfair trial, trial of public opinion etc..I am speculating about the time line but not about possible outcomes.

So, there is another question. Will Moscow ID LE and FBI keep combing that 19000 tips-off or now, when they have a suspect, they packed of that part of investigation altogether and will focus solely on digging around BK? What is the practice in this case?
"And another one. Do not kick a fallen man. It is temptingly, but stay decent."

If a "fallen man" brutally slaughters four beautiful young people while they sleep, then he should be "kicked" into oblivion.

He will get his day in court and must be proven guilty beyond all reasonable doubt, but this site is for the court of public opinion and I believe he is guilty AF and I hope he gets the needle. ...jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody