ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't appear that BK is OCD when it comes to cleaning that car.
If you live in WV, KY, OH, PA in winter your car usually ALWAYS looks like that between snowstorms, rainstorms and getting it to a car wash buggy. Mine right now looks as bad as that, had a hand wash a week ago....it's not a sign of laziness. It is a sign of road conditions and finding a car wash that doesn't damage your car. It's too cold to handwash unless you are a fool. My ride is a Lexus 450 and it is ceramic coated so I have to be careful even what car wash I choose. We don't all live in areas where the conditions never get your car dirty

He had to get that Elantra out of Idaho and the prying eyes of LE and the public. You're absolutely correct, it makes no sense whatsoever that he would have his Dad fly out and them make that cross country drive.

I wonder if he planned on leaving the Elantra in PA and driving one of their cars back to Idaho when it came time to return?

MOO
Yes, but he just put WA plates on the Elantra. So that’s goofy on his part.

If you live in WV, KY, OH, PA in winter your car usually ALWAYS looks like that between snowstorms, rainstorms and getting it to a car wash buggy. Mine right now looks as bad as that, had a hand wash a week ago....it's not a sign of laziness. It is a sign of road conditions and finding a car wash that doesn't damage your car. It's too cold to handwash unless you are a fool. My ride is a Lexus 450 and it is ceramic coated so I have to be careful even what car wash I choose. We don't all live in areas where the conditions never get your car dirty
Indiana. And the brine they put on the roads is helpful until it gets on your car. That's another level of mess. JMO

Along those lines…regarding boxing
IIRC he started boxing about the same time he lost the weight so if he continued to box up until this arrest he has been doing it for about ten years.
I wonder if he has suffered many head blows/ concussions etc and if any have been documented.
People go to boxing gyms for a variety of reasons and then engage in the sport at a variety of levels. Say:

A. Fitness / Weigh loss: There are plenty of boxing gyms where very little, if any boxing actually occurs. Rather, the primary focus is simply weight loss / fitness with a boxing theme. The only things getting hit are the bags.

B. Recreational boxing at a "real" gym. This involves sparring using helmets and preferably more padded gloves. Ideally, the force level is kept at 50%, usually less- but not everybody does that and some peoples 50% is still hard. In my experience, however, most participants are responsible, head shots are pulled, full sparring sessions are not frequent.

C. Serious recreational boxing / amateur competitors. These individuals spar more often and spar harder. They also fight- where the goal is to win, not just to display or practice skills. Even still, helmets are worn and I never seen a concussion at this level. The goal is to win by points, not by knock outs.

D. Professional boxers: Even more sparring and harder sparring. Competition is with out a helmet against opponents trying for knock outs.

I am guessing that BK was most likely and "A", possibly a "B". IF so, it would be very unlikely he ever experienced a concussion and full on blows to the head would have been rare, and possibly non existent.

Last edited:
“And people are gravitating toward true crime as a place to connect,” she said. “True crime has been around for 400 years, but it’s definitely having an explosion right now.”

I don't think this pertains to this case. This guy had the whole country freaked out the way Richard Speck did 56 years ago. So relieved that he's caught!

I see this very differently. The holiday time will never be the same for his family. He brought them right into this, not as a killer's family that lives in Pa, but where went to hideout (with his father's assistance cross-country), and the absolute shock of LE busting into their home in the middle of the night and going through your stuff. He was using his parents to save his behind.

I honestly think he was just going he for the holidays. I don't think he had the slightest clue that they were on to him.
He may have worried at first when he saw them asking about the white elantra, but when no one came knocking at his door I think his confidence grew again.
He thought he was clever, he either didn't realise he left DNA or he thought there was no way for them to match it to him.
I don't think he was running. He was just going along as normal.
As for the drive, maybe he genuinely is afraid of flying, maybe he doesn't like to not be in control and driving serves that much better.
All JMO.

I looked up flights from scanton, it sent me to wilkes-barre to spokane one way ticket under $300.
Exactly. I book travel as a part of my job and one way tickets are literally half the price of round trip ones. The whole notion of one way tickets being super expensive is antiquated. It hasn't been like that it years and years!

Can you tell where it took off or landed? Looking up airport tenants might be very informative. If we had a tail number we might know which agency it belongs to. If anyone has a photo showing its livery that would also be helpful. The FBI is known to use Cessna 208 planes for surveillance. An example is N956D leased through a front company. I suspect this is the FBI hiring a local FBO to fly them around. You can look up tail numbers here: Aircraft Inquiry

It seems highly likely this was an FBI surveillance plane.

Incidentally, the JPATS aircraft fly under their own name so it is quite easy to find them. So much for security. Think how many reporters are watching Flightradar for a JPATS plane heading to western Idaho! We don't know he'll be on a JPATS plane but the alternatives are private jets and commercial flights. A commercial flight would not surprise me but a private jet would be similarly easy to track.

LE can NEVER turn off their transponders in civilian airspace. This would be a HUGE air safety risk. Even the military is required to squawk in most areas outside of military airspace. Even Air Force One identifies itself!
I’m keeping an eye on arrivals and scheduled arrivals into Pullman-Moscow, Lewiston-Nez Perce, and Spokane, and nothing of interest so far. MOO

Regarding the actual distance from the general street address of Pullman apartments on WSU campus to the address of the murder scene: 9.8 or 9.9 miles, depending on route. The actual distance from Kohberger's apartment parking spot is anyone's guess. (Above is my original thread which notes the "I'm 10 miles away from this" statement Kohberger made to LE.)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 9.22.31 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 9.22.31 AM.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Agree with some kind of gag order. The daily Mail article about BK allegedly threatening to cut the guards, pee on them and expose his genitals has went viral and was completely untrue. It really is beggars belief how they are allowed to publish blatant lies.
There are still new members here reposting the same article over and over, believing it to be fact.
The truth isn’t so sensational.
BBM
“The Monroe County Correctional Facility warden informed officials that Kohberger has been a "model prisoner" who has not caused any problems during his time in detention, according to a source familiar with Kohberger's status at the facility.”

“Kohberger, considered a maximum status prisoner, is being held in a cell monitored by an officer at all times.”

“He has been "quiet" and "followed directions," according to the source.”

Idaho killings suspect waives extradition from Pennsylvania

I honestly think he was just going he for the holidays. I don't think he had the slightest clue that they were on to him.
He may have worried at first when he saw them asking about the white elantra, but when no one came knocking at his door I think his confidence grew again.
He thought he was clever, he either didn't realise he left DNA or he thought there was no way for them to match it to him.
I don't think he was running. He was just going along as normal.
As for the drive, maybe he genuinely is afraid of flying, maybe he doesn't like to not be in control and driving serves that much better.
All JMO.

Agree.
His departure date also lines up with the online calendar for the student apartment he rented ( Steptoe Apartments)
He carries on attending classes after the murder ( we didn't hear that he'd become absent on sick leave)
He drives too fast & too close on the way home ( not worried about being stopped by LE)
He's not behaving as a fugitive from justice, just any other student going home for the holidays

If he was such a big danger so all of 50 (!) SWAT members were sent to arrest him demolishing half of his parents' house on the way although there are no reported resistance, during that event, then why a week earlier he was let to travel by car 3 days accross the country, potentially compromising lives, health and safety of the members of general public?

Why he was not arrested whilst being in Pullman? He was a POI before started the trip, as FBI was already tailing him; he was allegedly identified as dangerous (hence the overpowering arrest).

This does not go both ways.

He was either a dangerous criminal so excessive power was indeed needed to overcome him, or or he was not.

This has to be addressed and I will not be suprised if his defence team logs a complaint/claim whatever the law recommends in such cases.

Agree.
His departure date also lines up with the online calendar for the student apartment he rented ( Steptoe Apartments)
He carries on attending classes after the murder ( we didn't hear that he'd become absent on sick leave)
He drives too fast & too close on the way home ( not worried about being stopped by LE)
He's not behaving as a fugitive from justice, just any other student going home for the holidays
Thanks for Steptoe Apartment info. I thought he lived in Pullman Apartments on WSU campus. Distance from general address of Steptoe to crime scene is 10.2, 10.7, or 10.8 miles depending on route.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 9.52.12 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 9.52.12 AM.png
    100.4 KB · Views: 23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors