ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In May 2021, Pittsburgh residents voted to no longer allow "no-knock warrants."

The ballot initiative required police to knock on a door, announce their presence, and wait at least 15 seconds before entering a residence to execute a warrant. The ballot initiative also required police who are executing a warrant at a residence to wear and use a body camera and dress in uniform or wear clothing that identifies the officer as law enforcement. Allegheny County Board of Elections, "Pittsburgh Question," accessed February 16, 2021

This is likely the reason the warrant was served in the middle of the night and "forced entry" was used.

You know, I'm not even sure, at this stage that he believes he did what he allegedly did.
I'm not factoring the quasi study, they were just normal according to his prof.

I do think it's likely an amount of transference has occurred, maybe not from a serial killer but from a killer he encountered in his studies.
Then again he may have been a member of an ideological group that hated and resented students of either , both or one gender.
Does he actually know what he knows?

He could, theoretically have left on a flight to wherever the very next day but he didn't choose that exit.
He could have killed himself, he could have claimed he'd had a breakdown and acted out, he had choices. Lots of them.

He changed nothing, not even his car.
He didn't even need a car to do what he did.

He makes zero sense to me.
He changed nothing because he thought he got away with murder---

I really appreciate your answer.

I still wonder when and why it was decided he to present such a danger that required this kind of movie-like arrest?

He was free for 7 weeks after the murders, he was considered to be POI, in relation to this case, at some point but there is not a single shred of evidence or report that he acted aggressively or put any member of public under any danger during that period.

I guess that my questions will be unanswered at present.. I have an idea why they opted for such power demonstrating arrest. To me, it looks like they intentionally wanted to scare him hoping that he will panic and say or do something to incriminate himself. Like violently resisting, running away or trying to hide the knife. Only these tactics did not work.Jmo

Will wait to see if his defence team will address this.
I am generally pretty "pro" law enforcement (despite doing some criminal defense work). But I am very critical of LE use of SWAT teams and raids in the middle of the night except when genuinely necessary. Cases like Breonna Taylor's death are tragic and unnecessary. I wonder if the arrest couldn't have been done in the morning when he came out of the house on his own. I don't know. Maybe LE felt it really was necessary to do it right then. But I often think that agencies think that since they have a SWAT team that they need to find reasons to USE the SWAT team.

What are you insinuating they should've done? There were no arrest warrants issued at that time.
Wow I am not insinuating anything, just an observation, please relax. They were following him across country so they had something, why wait until he gets to PA, the state police had pulled him over, why not arrest him there? He was considered very dangerous so why wait. Just having a polite discussion and my thoughts on it.....

We don't know if they had DNA results before then.
This video interview of Chief Fry released 12/28 states that they are still waiting for DNA results (question occurs right before 8 minute mark). IMO this means they got an arrest warrant and arrested him ASAP once the results came in. I think they had the car, which led them to keep tabs on BK on his cross country trip and while in PA, but that was not enough for an arrest warrant. MOO

If he was such a big danger so all of 50 (!) SWAT members were sent to arrest him demolishing half of his parents' house on the way although there are no reported resistance, during that event, then why a week earlier he was let to travel by car 3 days accross the country, potentially compromising lives, health and safety of the members of general public?

Why he was not arrested whilst being in Pullman? He was a POI before started the trip, as FBI was already tailing him; he was allegedly identified as dangerous (hence the overpowering arrest).

This does not go both ways.

He was either a dangerous criminal so excessive power was indeed needed to overcome him, or or he was not.

This has to be addressed and I will not be suprised if his defence team logs a complaint/claim whatever the law recommends in such cases.
Would you have been happier if only 22 SWAT members had executed the warrant? People with decades of experience in this area have written the best practices for serving warrants. When you go for a guy who is wanted for four murders you don’t knock on the door at noon. He wasn’t arrested out in the middle of Indiana because there wasn’t any warrant yet. I’m sure that during his whole trip to Pennsylvania they were still waiting for the DNA research to come back.

Good post. I totally agree. If LE were "following" him across country then they had enough to do something before he was at his parent's home in PA. And certainly in Indiana when he was pulled over for traffic violations.

Could there have been a forensic team in his apartment and found incriminating evidence while he was heading back to PA? Just a thought.

Good post. I totally agree. If LE were "following" him across country then they had enough to do something before he was at his parent's home in PA. And certainly in Indiana when he was pulled over for traffic violations.

There is a big difference between suspecting someone and having enough evidence to arrest them. Maybe they just put a tracker on his car to keep tabs on him as they continued to gather evidence? Maybe the DNA hit popped after his drive and then they could proceed to get warrants? MOO

You know, I'm not even sure, at this stage that he believes he did what he allegedly did.
I'm not factoring the quasi study, they were just normal according to his prof.

I do think it's likely an amount of transference has occurred, maybe not from a serial killer but from a killer he encountered in his studies.
Then again he may have been a member of an ideological group that hated and resented students of either , both or one gender.
Does he actually know what he knows?

He could, theoretically have left on a flight to wherever the very next day but he didn't choose that exit.
He could have killed himself, he could have claimed he'd had a breakdown and acted out, he had choices. Lots of them.

He changed nothing, not even his car.
He didn't even need a car to do what he did.

He makes zero sense to me.
Just a zero that you would drive your car to a house where you intended to commit murder.

Do you have some sort of resolution/clarifying software because the photo isn't very clear and enlarging it wasn't helpful to me. I don't see anything on the hand but do see what could be a healing abrasion on his forearm. Do you have a better resolution pic of it?
MOO: Others are mostly talking about the dark line. On the right side of his right arm, moving from the side of wrist towards the elbow and partially covered by the sleeve. A cropped photo is linked by someone here on BE feed.

Now it might be a harsh shadow from weird bone structure and low fat levels, but looking at the lightning direction, I'm not sure. Could be anything, but could also be a cut like as if a knife had been pushed down towards his arm and he cut himself - area kinda matches, try holding a knife in stabbing position and then push it down as if someone lying down was trying to defend themself. On some frames, it actually looks like this line has stitches or something like that - small lines crossing the big line at 180 degrees.

Edit: also one knuckle is visibly different to me (red-ish etc). That, of course, could also be from boxing, hitting a wall in anger or even cooking. The other stuff I don't see (the top of the wrist looks normal to me, there's just a bone there).

Last edited:
How do they do that when so many people sleep with guns at the ready these days? How would they know that the suspect wouldn’t be sitting in bed waiting to shoot someone coming through the bedroom (or whichever) door? How would they know where BK was located within the house? IIRC, it’s a 2 LEVEL house. I hope they had shields to protect themselves.

The radars work like finely tuned motion detectors, using radio waves to zero in on movements as slight as human breathing from a distance of more than 50 feet. They can detect whether anyone is inside of a house, where they are and whether they are moving.

Maybe

I understand he was being tracked a few days before they arrested him, but at the point he and his dad were stopped by the police, I don't believe he was being tracked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper