ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where my head has been lately
i was in this thought, too, but then i started thinking about just how premeditated it seems based on what little we know. how on earth would someone be able to get into a head space of such rage, enter a home and kill 4 people (brutally) and manage to walk away without any footprints all so quickly and possibly spur of the moment? the dog was all fine. no sign of them anyway.

i feel like a fight that could have ensued...let's say in their communal area or at the corner club prior, would not grant the perp enough time to fully think and plan out exactly what to do and how to get away with it. maybe the perp had been planning it out ahead of time and that could've been the straw that broke the camel's back?

I believe it was someone they met that night. The individual knew they were wasted and this was the opportunity. This was a crime of passion, impulsive.
i feel if it was impulsive there would've been some shred of clothing somewhere. a bloody footprint, hand print, something. i just can't shake that it was very methodically planned.

What is everyone’s best current theory as of now?
I think it is a Danny Rolling-type stranger who happened upon this house and decided it was a good/easy place to take out his anger/fantasy on some drunk kids. The main reason I don't believe it's a friend or someone of similar age is because I just can't see someone that age having the sophistication (in all ways) to commit a crime such as this and then be able to not give major tells to their own friends/family and/or LE. Since it's still relatively early in the case, I think it could be someone from the general area who hasn't popped up on LE's radar and/or doesn't have a lot of contacts with the community at large, but the longer the investigation drags out the more likely I think it is that the killer was just passing through.

i feel if it was impulsive there would've been some shred of clothing somewhere. a bloody footprint, hand print, something. i just can't shake that it was very methodically planned.
Methodically planned - would not have used a knife as the weapon. A gun with a silencer would have been methodically planned. The time it took to kill 4 people with a knife tells me the person did not think it through. I would image it takes more than one stab to kill someone, so imagine with me how much effort it would take to kill 4 people with a knife, the same knife as reported.

The LE said the murdere was sloppy and there is a massive amount of forensic evidence to gather and test. I am not quite sure where this picture of a methodical, leaving no trace murderer stems from.

The LE said the murdere was sloppy and there is a massive amount of forensic evidence to gather and test. I am not quite sure where this picture of a methodical, leaving no trace murderer stems from.
the picture comes from the basis that they haven't been able to pinpoint a suspect. i also am mainly referring to the entry and exit of the scene. if it was sloppy and had massive amount of forensic evidence, wouldn't something be on the perp that would track outside?

So What’s everyone’s opinion We Have just about every motive There is put out There… …1….A Rejected suitor By one of The girls At The restaurant…. 2… A Ted bundy type Sociopath…. 3 …A jealous ex b.f… 4 A jealous ex g.f…. 5….Someone spurned By The entire group…. 6… The guy seen on video at the food truck….7….An Angry neighbor upset with all the partying loud noise etc… I’m sure I missed A lot of opinions, And All these are pure speculations but doing a survey pick One Or one not mentioned above Just curious where The group of sleuths stand Remember In general, a majority in a group of people polled Is usually on the right track, keep your opinions short so we can keep track
Homeless ex-student, inflated ego, high achieving family.

Methodically planned - would not have used a knife as the weapon. A gun with a silencer would have been methodically planned. The time it took to kill 4 people with a knife tells me the person did not think it through. I would image it takes more than one stab to kill someone, so imagine with me how much effort it would take to kill 4 people with a knife, the same knife as reported.
i personally consider stabbings to be a more personal murder so that's where my opinion comes from. also the lack of a suspect. but yeah that makes sense.

the picture comes from the basis that they haven't been able to pinpoint a suspect.

If there is no super obvious personal motive, pinpointing the suspect might take years.

i also am mainly referring to the entry and exit of the scene. if it was sloppy and had massive amount of forensic evidence, wouldn't something be on the perp that would track outside?
Maybe there is, how should we know? The police is not sharing that with us.

Here is an article with pictures of the outside with fenced back yard. The angle is such that you can see the cyclone fence that comes down to neighbors, there is also a cross fence separating the two yards.
Scroll down to article and images taken from the front of the house and you can see the fence line.

What strikes me as interesting watching investigators fly the drone is the aluminum ladder propped up against the side of the 1st floor. Was it there, or added by investigators?
Could that not be used to climb onto the 1st floor roof, and on up to drop down to the balcony Off the 3rd floor bedroom?
It feels a bit silly to watch these guys fly that drone, playing with their toys if that ladder may have fingerprints on it and it is sitting there and not in evidence.

The ladder. I have wondered if the kids who came over in response to the surviving girls calls got it to go up when they couldn’t get a response to calls or knocks on doors.
We know what time they called 911 but not how long they were there.
Listening to the description of the call and the fact it is being withheld, multiple people talking(possibly IMO screaming and sobbing) , gives me the impression they had seen something way beyond the scope of an unconscious person.
I think the killer walked in the sliding door.
Speculation MOO

Did they say that the murderer was sloppy or that the crime scene was sloppy? Four people getting stabbed and bleeding out in a "party house" will undoubtedly mean a massive amount of forensic evidence to gather and test. What useful evidence may or may not have been discovered remains to be seen.

Maybe there is, how should we know? The police is not sharing that with us.
fair. just kind of insensitive to the students and parents who are still in the area. also i feel like the move for the university to provide the women students with a self defense tool is also indicative of there not being a suspect. you're right though that LE isn't sharing anything with us.

Did they say that the murderer was sloppy or that the crime scene was sloppy? Four people getting stabbed and bleeding out in a "party house" will undoubtedly mean a massive amount of forensic evidence to gather and test. What useful evidence may or may not have been discovered remains to be seen.
Univ. of Idaho killer was ‘sloppy,’ left ‘mess’ of evidence, victim’s family says

“They’re telling us that there’s so much evidence that it’s going to take a lot of time to process it all,” Steve Goncalves told Fox News on Sunday.
“This wasn’t like a pinpoint crime. This person was sloppy.”

Was it verified that he was found in the hall? The 911 call stated someone was passed out. If he was in the hall and stabbed, I’m assuming a lot of blood would be there and that 911 call would sound a lot different. I’m thinking more that all victims were locked in their rooms.
I know that when the story first broke, it was announced that he was found on what I believe to be the second floor landing. I remember it was odd because all of the news stories spoke of where he specifically was found, but not the girls. I will try to find a link to share. It is possible that the roommates just got a glimpse of him laying there. I also saw further up in the thread the forensics team swabbing an area in the living room which would be consistent with E's location.

Good post! Thank you for sharing your thoughts Dee.
However, I think saying he may be premed is giving this person way too much credit... you'd be surprised what you can learn just on YouTube and Reddit alone... anatomy included. You're totally right that he is a coward, and what he has done is incredibly shameful beyond words.
I just want this to be solved already, so badly.
Hi DeDee. First light on Sunday, the day of the murder, was 6:16 AM. I'm sure the perp(s) planned to be gone at least a half hour before this time. Maybe 5:45AM, so as not to be seen in daylight.
If this person is a thrill killer and planned carnage, once having assurance from reconnoitering the house, entered and went first to his target, if indeed he had a target. (using he and his here generically).
if he felt in control once in the house, I feel he wasn't in a hurry and enjoyed the killing. Some killers sexually enjoy the killing. The perp might have "staged" a body some of the bodies or all of the bodies. It was said some of the officers needed counseling from what was left behind. Was it "staging" that caused this need?
The perp(s) had to allow for resistance in the house and possible screaming and shouting to alert others.This perp(s0 was prepared.
The perp(s) might also have been armed with a pistol, thus increasing their confidence to be able to handle an overwhelming force. Even to ambush a responding officer if need be.
This attack shows much confidence on the part of the perp(s).
Why didn't the dog bark a warning? Maybe he did. Were the victims, from drinking, not able to respond to the alarm? Did they tell the dog to be quiet?
Some dogs are not as aggressive as other dogs.That being said, I find it hard to believe the dog wouldn't intervene if it saw Kaylee being harmed.Or...was the dog put in an empty bedroom by the perp(s).
All the above, just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member