ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The second photo makes me wonder if the Good Vibes LED sign was on when the murders took place (apologies if this has been discussed, trying to keep up!). It also makes me wonder if any other decorative lights were left on in the house, I know when I was younger and living with roommates, we usually left fairy lights/beer signs on at night.
It's very encouraging to see all the hard work going on processing the scene. I pray the diligent efforts of all these investigators and analyzers pays off in identifying and convicting the perpetrator(s).

So much gratitude to them for what they do as we sit back and wait for them to put the pieces together so that the person responsible will to be held to account. While counting our family's blessings this Thanksgiving, we include such people as these investigators.

Kaylee having a stalker has been the rumblings around the web since early on. It always rang true to me and makes the most sense. I would bet my right arm it has nothing to do with her boyfriend and it’s this local stalker.

Please read the first comment after this article from the Washington Post.

Comments were likely deleted by the WaPo. They will often delete if comments are inappropriate. And often WaPo will not allow comments if they feel they are getting out of hand.

I've been operating under the assumption that one of the girls, either K or M, was the target, or maybe even both since they seemed joined at the hip. I think they were in the same room on the second floor maybe because K's belongings had already been moved out.

I've made the assumption that one of the two girls bears many more wounds than the other but I wonder if it's possible that E is the one with the most injuries, perhaps because he was the only one who may have been able to overpower the assailant. Since it was obvious from the food truck video that both K and M were intoxicated I can see there may have been little to no attempts to ward off the attacks.

The coroner says they were all attacked while asleep but maybe a more accurate description would be attacked in their beds.
He's a pretty big guy, interested in playing all sorts of sports, popular with the guys and the girls. Of all the victims, it's possible he's the only who may have been able to get up and fight back even though he was mortally wounded. It was also X's dad who said his daughter appeared to have defensive wounds.

A kind gesture, but feeling safe and being safe are two entirely different things.

My opinion.

Kind of interesting reading the Moscow, PD web page. Some of the things listed aren't verifiable facts. For instance, the time Xana and Ethan arrived at 1122 King Rd. It says detectives "believe." It is a fact they believe and it is a fact are two different things.

The legal community uses "in or around" whenever they discuss time. If they list an exact time, it could "pigeon hole" the results of the investigation.

I've never been to this college, but if it's anything like some schools that I was familiar with, security in off-campus housing was iffy at best, unless it was in a high-crime area (Chicago, for example) or was $$$$ priced out of the range of all but really rich kids. Much of the housing I knew (lived in or visited friends) had nearly zero security and was run by 3rd parties for profit-driven ("crazed") owners. College students can be notoriously hard on housing, so it was sort of a race to extract profit before the domicile was trashed beyond repair. Expecting business-class surveillance on this housing wasn't happening. There is also a financial/legal disincentive to document security abuses (blocking doors open, for example, letting unknown people come and go, etc). Avoidance of liability is a common strategy. Also kids may not want illegal activity documented (parties, drug use, guests, etc)

Security costs money, and most starving college students opt for the cheapest living spaces that meet their perceived needs.

Events like this will increase security nationwide, until it rapidly fades into memory, unfortunately. U of I housing may change, but doubt many others will.

Dad's who offer to put cameras in their daughters housing may be politely declined, for various reasons.

Best bet is campus and town-wide cameras, but professional equipment is $$$$.

Hopefully they ascertain the perp and deliver swift and permanent punishment.
Almost everyone in my town has cameras! I don’t know anything about the many apartment complexes.

Hi everyone, not new to WS but first time posting in this thread. I've spent the whole day reading all previous threads and the media thread so I am hopefully up to date.

MOO and nothing really to support it but I just can't shake this feeling that it's two people that done it. Anyone remember the scream murders? That's the feeling I'm getting. I know they were likely overpowered in their sleep but killing 4 people including a male and the two other roommates sleeping through makes me think that it was over quickly and quietly and I just can't see one person doing that.

In regards to the surviving housemates calling friends over instead of 911 common sense goes out the window in shock. My neighbour knocked me up one morning because she'd just found her husband dead, she was asking me for help. She's a nurse, I asked of she had called 999 and she said she didn't know how to do it on a mobile. The shock just scrambled her brain. When talking to her later she couldn't believe how she could forget because obviously she knew how to call 999 on her mobile.

MOO
BBM You must be a speed reader :)

My theory hasn’t changed much. I think there was an immediacy to this crime. My guess is that the four victims were in a common area after coming home. I think the killer came by while they were all together. I think a nasty argument ensued.

It could have simply been generated by alcohol or maybe the killer arrived angry…maybe from something that occured at the bar or at the frat party…or maybe because of the break-up. Kaylee’s sister said she was a ’fighter’ ‘defender’ of those she cared about…so she might have even inserted herself into an argument that had nothing to do with her. I think the killer was told to leave or just stormed out, furious. If he left by the sliding door, maybe no one remembered to lock it again after this blow-up.

At this point, they all go to their respective rooms. Maybe Kaylee was staying in Maddie’s room if she already had moved out. Regardless, they were together and started repeatedly calling the ex. Maybe because they wanted to tell him what hsppened, maybe he knew ‘the visitor’, maybe they wanted advice, or if he was the one they argued with, to smooth it over because words went too far. In any event, the calls were not answered.

I think the Killer went back and got the knife and returned absolutely furious with those four. He had no isdues with the other two roommates. My guess…He took out Ethan first because he was the only one who could stop him. It may have been X in the hallway because she might have gotten out of bed and tried to getaway. But she did not get far.

Then he went upstairs.

This is all guesswork, and as I said…could be any number of individuals. But I think whatever motivated the killer came to a head that night.
This is where my head has been lately

A kind gesture, but feeling safe and being safe are two entirely different things.

My opinion.
I agree. But I can understand they want to do SOMETHING so as to not feel powerless. But it does kind of remind me of those martial arts classes geared towards women to fight off an attacker. It's a nice thought but most females are not going to be able to fight off a male attacker, whether they are trained or not. I think it can lead to a false confidence.

Been kicking this idea around for a day or so, what if the killer was planning to kill all six roommates, but was confronted by E. He had already stabbed E & X and K & M and was going downstairs when E, who was injured, but still alive stumbles out of his room and confronts the SP or SP, after killing M & K was going downstairs to D & Bs rooms, but was stopped on the second floor by E, some type of struggle ensues, and the killer, either injured or spooked by the amount of noise then flees. E collapses and this is where he was found.

I also thought, what if one or more of the murdered roommates had alarms set on their phones and that is what alerted the downstairs roomies. The alarms going off for extended periods of time with no one shutting them off? The downstairs roommates start wondering what is going on and why all the ringers/alarms are being ignored accompanied by the complete silence which is probably very unusual for this house?

Just thoughts I am throwing out...
Was it verified that he was found in the hall? The 911 call stated someone was passed out. If he was in the hall and stabbed, I’m assuming a lot of blood would be there and that 911 call would sound a lot different. I’m thinking more that all victims were locked in their rooms.

Targeting could mean many things, and does not on its surface tell us much beyond that law enforcement believes that the killer was attracted to the scene through their interest in one of the young people involved. It does not mean they knew them, and it does not mean that the killer believes themselves to be done. In my opinion, someone capable of this type of attack is sadistic and high risk of either prior similar crimes or reoffending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member