ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people are speculating on a serial killer but I just don't see that at all. I don't know the statistics, but I believe serial killers do not usually go for four victims at one time. Technically, that's referred to as a mass murderer. In any case, I just don't think it was a serial killer. I think it was a neighbor or someone they know

Been kicking this idea around for a day or so, what if the killer was planning to kill all six roommates, but was confronted by E. He had already stabbed E & X and K & M and was going downstairs when E, who was injured, but still alive stumbles out of his room and confronts the SP or SP, after killing M & K was going downstairs to D & Bs rooms, but was stopped on the second floor by E, some type of struggle ensues, and the killer, either injured or spooked by the amount of noise then flees. E collapses and this is where he was found.

I also thought, what if one or more of the murdered roommates had alarms set on their phones and that is what alerted the downstairs roomies. The alarms going off for extended periods of time with no one shutting them off? The downstairs roommates start wondering what is going on and why all the ringers/alarms are being ignored accompanied by the complete silence which is probably very unusual for this house?

Just thoughts I am throwing out...

My opinion, the person that did this watched and waited. Had a connection with at least one of the victims in the sense that he felt rejected personally. I bet he also feels rejected by society. Maybe a customer from the bar or a neighbor. I don't see this person being a university student. The suspect left undetected so he was purposeful in his movements and took some measure of evading outdoor cameras. If the sister was able to see the girls arrive via Ring camera of neighbor, then the killer left using a different direction. I agree with LE, this seems targeted.

I really wish the crime scene was not compromised with the friends being called over before the 911 call. That's really unfortunate.

Something I just thought of while reading about finding one's way through a dark house.

The moon phase for that night shows the moon illumination at 77% for November 13th. I'm not 100% sure how to read a moon calendar but even if the calendar considers that night of the moon phase November 12th, it is 85% illumination.

Both of those are pretty bright and could well make it easier for a person to find their way through a home with the moonlight coming in through a window sliding door perhaps?

What is everyone’s best current theory as of now?
Killer found his prey at the bar that night, followed them home and waited til lights went out and proceeded. Like Ted Bundy and Cary Stayner, had been wanting to do this for years. Perp May have already killed before, but I think these victims never met their killer.

A video i saved a few days ago of the forensics swabbing and taking photos of what i believe to be living area on the 2nd floor, I originally thought it was Kaylee's room but it seems the two rooms both have the good vibes art decor.

Attachments

• swablivingarea.jpg
    swablivingarea.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 87
  • bedroom.jpg
    bedroom.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 90
The most logical explanation I still believe is that bf/gf Ethan and Xana were the primary targets.

This was a crime of intense passion and furious anger, in my analytical opinion. Someone that couldn’t have Xana or lost the opportunity, IMO. Intense feeling of rejection and was jealous she was happy with new boyfriend, IMO.

Madison and Kaylee were collateral damage, probably witnessed something off and called that old boyfriend 10 times before suffering same fate, IMO.

This is someone that desired Xana, IMO. We need to be looking into Xana’s hometown and former relationships. Everything IMO.
I've wondered from the start about whether it was possible Ethan & Xana were the primary targets. In fact, it was my first thought.
This is pure speculation and JMO so please correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that it was Ethan's first year at the university and Xana's fourth.? I imagine it's possible there is a previous relationship (real or imagined) that wasn't happy about them dating. ???

Hi everyone, not new to WS but first time posting in this thread. I've spent the whole day reading all previous threads and the media thread so I am hopefully up to date.

MOO and nothing really to support it but I just can't shake this feeling that it's two people that done it. Anyone remember the scream murders? That's the feeling I'm getting. I know they were likely overpowered in their sleep but killing 4 people including a male and the two other roommates sleeping through makes me think that it was over quickly and quietly and I just can't see one person doing that.

In regards to the surviving housemates calling friends over instead of 911 common sense goes out the window in shock. My neighbour knocked me up one morning because she'd just found her husband dead, she was asking me for help. She's a nurse, I asked of she had called 999 and she said she didn't know how to do it on a mobile. The shock just scrambled her brain. When talking to her later she couldn't believe how she could forget because obviously she knew how to call 999 on her mobile.

MOO

I know that hunting is a big part of culture in the area, and even in a college setting, a student carrying around a smaller knife wouldn't shock me. However, I have never known for people to carry around a hunting knife of that size on the regular. Am I just uniformed? I think just the size of the weapon in question debunks the "visitor/ house guest that snapped" theory, and indicates some level of pre-meditation.

Maybe there is a stalker. More likely this is due to Mark Furhman and his unverified rumor. Imo.
Perhaps there is or perhaps people have grabbed on a stalker because someone once said, "XYZ is totally stalking me," but not in the sense we think.

A man or woman could have shown attention that was unrequited. This person could maybe be awkward and not catch on to social cues that their attention wasn't wanted. Thus, they are a "stalker" but not in the evil/criminal sense. In the course of the investigation someone may have helpfully told LE, "She said once she had a stalker."

My kids often use words not exactly correctly, such as "I LITERALLY died." No you didn't.

All that said, maybe there was a stalker in the evil/criminal sense. But, I personally, am not going all in on that theory yet. LE could think at this time it is as good a theory as any at this point.

Of course, this is my opinion and pure conjecture.

Last edited:
I'm just wondering why it would be let out that the victims died in their beds? Is that a purposeful mislead by LE?
Have LE said they were? I was thinking it was the coroner who'd said that and she looked like she wasn't sure in the interview I saw what she should and shouldn't share, or how much detail. I thought maybe she stopped herself from elaborating on specifics and E was in the hallway but the rest were in their beds, but I think the only source of E in the hallway has come from his parents, from what I can tell, and really early on, so I'm really not sure if it's accurate.

Something I just thought of while reading about finding one's way through a dark house.

The moon phase for that night shows the moon illumination at 77% for November 13th. I'm not 100% sure how to read a moon calendar but even if the calendar considers that night of the moon phase November 12th, it is 85% illumination.

Both of those are pretty bright and could well make it easier for a person to find their way through a home with the moonlight coming in through a window sliding door perhaps?

Some (especially young) people also keep mood lighting on throughout the night. Not typically in common areas after bedtime but in bedrooms. Sometimes these lights are on a timer and are on well after people fall asleep. Blue, purple, etc.

Not necessarily a strong buff type, but maybe a big guy. For instance, Dennis Rader was a big guy. Psychopaths have an elevated view of themselves.
To kill 4 adult humans by stabbing through the chest, multiple times, the killer would definitely need strength. We aren't talking about slicing with a sharp knife, this is plunging a large knife through bone and cartilage. (sorry to be candid). Human's vital organs are very well protected inside out rib cages. Whoever did this was not some weakling, surely.

Hi everyone. Long time reader, first time poster. My prayers go out to the families and friends of these four young people.

I’m cautiously optimistic that the 1pm conference will hold more details, but I think it likely that the investigation becomes less communicative as time goes on, until a POI is identified or an arrest is made.

Although we have statements that buddy, the dog that was killed in a different case, is unrelated to this crime, I think that it is the duty of law enforcement to clarify why it is unrelated. Speculation: Is someone being protected? In my opinion, it is too violent, too close by area, and too near in time to discard so cavalierly.

Regarding the other two roommates. I hope only the best for them. In their shoes, I would be hyper-vigilant until this is over. Either the killer didn’t know about them, made a risk assessment based on time or something such as a locked door, sustained an injury, or was gassed out from the prior crimes. Without knowing, I would assume the killer would have continued in the house. Some have mentioned that these individuals may not have been related to the targeted nature of the attack and therefore the killer did not engage with them. Perhaps so. I think this less likely, yet subject to final view of the evidence of course. I assume something changed to make the killer stop and this is only my assumption.

Regarding the attack being personal. I believe this relates either to a general description of the excessive violence of the scene, or perhaps to a piece of evidence that remains undisclosed. However, in lieu of that evidence, I will assume it is described as such due to the violence of the scene. This needs clarification, as the word itself is too vague to be useful.

So much speculation at the moment. I hope law enforcement builds a tight case from here. They have not given any information for anybody in Moscow to believe that the area is safe. I hope residents act accordingly.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, not new to WS but first time posting in this thread. I've spent the whole day reading all previous threads and the media thread so I am hopefully up to date.

MOO and nothing really to support it but I just can't shake this feeling that it's two people that done it. Anyone remember the scream murders? That's the feeling I'm getting. I know they were likely overpowered in their sleep but killing 4 people including a male and the two other roommates sleeping through makes me think that it was over quickly and quietly and I just can't see one person doing that.

In regards to the surviving housemates calling friends over instead of 911 common sense goes out the window in shock. My neighbour knocked me up one morning because she'd just found her husband dead, she was asking me for help. She's a nurse, I asked of she had called 999 and she said she didn't know how to do it on a mobile. The shock just scrambled her brain. When talking to her later she couldn't believe how she could forget because obviously she knew how to call 999 on her mobile.

MOO
Yea, I tend to disregard what’s said during A 911 call when dealing with a situation like this, Can you Imagine The shock and Horror The person is going thru? And The media making A big deal as to Why the Caller reported an unconscious person C’mon !! I’ve always said don’t judge A person unless you’ve walked In Their shoes

To kill 4 adult humans by stabbing through the chest, multiple times, the killer would definitely need strength. We aren't talking about slicing with a sharp knife, this is plunging a large knife through bone and cartilage. (sorry to be candid). Human's vital organs are very well protected inside out rib cages. Whoever did this was not some weakling, surely.
It's like the perp/s is a super ninja.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member