ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE will be very strategic in the presser today. They will only give info they want the killer to know they know, or info in solicitation of additional information from the public. They will also dispel rumors that can be dispelled.

Targeting could mean many things, and does not on its surface tell us much beyond that law enforcement believes that the killer was attracted to the scene through their interest in one of the young people involved. It does not mean they knew them, and it does not mean that the killer believes themselves to be done. In my opinion, someone capable of this type of attack is sadistic and high risk of either prior similar crimes or reoffending.
I agree. Choice of words does not fit public's perception however. LE is best off clarifying their statement by adding that they do not know whether the victims knew or didn't know the killer.

Most murder victims are targeted anyway..

"Crime of passion" was also bad wording...ugh....

the picture comes from the basis that they haven't been able to pinpoint a suspect. i also am mainly referring to the entry and exit of the scene. if it was sloppy and had massive amount of forensic evidence, wouldn't something be on the perp that would track outside?
yes.. LE may have said the crime scene was sloppy, but how do they know that? It may have been a grisly scene, but that doesn't mean it was sloppy. It's sloppy if they find incriminating fingerprints, fibers and DNA. If not, then it isn't sloppy, it's organized. I think LE may have spoken too soon, and spoken out of inexperience with such an ugly crime scene. JMO.

This is an unusual theory and while I think it's possible IDK how likely it could be.

What if instead of the perp possibly being someone rejected recently, it was someone rejected by similar students in a similar environment years before? He could've been reliving the past over the years and his resentment and anger kept getting stronger and less rational. Could he have come across the victims and the similarities to his past 'enemies' caused him to inflict his rage on them?

yes.. LE may have said the crime scene was sloppy, but how do they know that? It may have been a grisly scene, but that doesn't mean it was sloppy. It's sloppy if they find incriminating fingerprints, fibers and DNA. If not, then it isn't sloppy, it's organized. I think LE may have spoken too soon, and spoken out of inexperience with such an ugly crime scene. JMO.
good points!!

Can someone please tell me what thread the diagram of the house is on?

i feel if it was impulsive there would've been some shred of clothing somewhere. a bloody footprint, hand print, something. i just can't shake that it was very methodically planned.
The thing is, we don’t know that none of that stuff is there. It very well could be, and I think it’s highly likely there is evidence of the other person at the crime scene, even if there’s not evidence who specifically that other person is there.

Has it been discussed and/or confirmed how many years KG, MM and XK and the surviving roommates have rented a room in the residence? I've seen SM posts from the victims that appears to show that some or all were living there last year as well. Along these same lines, did they "move out" during the summer and return in the fall?

If this was a "targeted" attack...was a potential motive "triggered" this school year or was this something that had been building up over time, even dating back to last year or beyond and the suspect/s were familiar with where the victims lived because they had resided there previously.

MOSCOW, Idaho -- As police continue to comb through evidence in the killings of four University of Idaho students found dead nearly 10 days ago, authorities said they are looking into reports that one of the female victims had a stalker.

For the first time, authorities in Moscow, Idaho confirmed to ABC News they are looking at reports that Kaylee Goncalves had a stalker. They said they hope to provide further clarity soon.

[…]

Of course they are. They are looking in to 900 tips.However, there are no known reports or comments from Kaylee who according to her mother was hyper sensitive to perceived or possible followers/stalker. Kaylee was very vocal and transparent about what was going on in her life, at least with her Mim, IMO.
The fact that the FBI has now set up a separate tip line seems indicative of the need for anything that could aid the investigation.

I can't strongly recommend enough the book, "The Gift of Fear'. (I linked to the wikipedia because I have zero connection to the book, am not shilling for it.) But the theory that there are clear signs of something wrong/dangerous, pre-incident indicators, is something everyone should learn. I learned a long time ago to not worry about "being rude". When my radar goes off, I am not getting in the elevator, you aren't coming into my house and I feel no pressure to respond to a DM. Trust your instinct, it won't ever let you down. IMO/MOO.

This could explain why the roommates called over friends before calling police. One of the family members has said in the press that the surviving roommates heard something that night. Pure speculation but maybe the woke up and just felt something was wrong, called friends to come assess.

What if instead of the perp possibly being someone rejected recently, it was someone rejected by similar students in a similar environment years before? He could've been reliving the past over the years and his resentment and anger kept getting stronger and less rational. Could he have come across the victims and the similarities to his past 'enemies' caused him to inflict his rage on them?
This was Ted Bundy's deal. Almost all his victims bore a striking resemblance to an ex gf that jilted him. It has been mentioned how much the girls in this house look alike.

I agree. Choice of words does not fit public's perception however. LE is best off clarifying their statement by adding that they do not know whether the victims knew or didn't know the killer.

Most murder victims are targeted anyway..

"Crime of passion" was also bad wording...ugh....
We are on the same page, and my feeling that I will communicate with great respect is that the initial group of law enforcement officers to respond and to communicate about this were unprepared for the depth of this case.

We should expect communications to be more strategic as the case progresses. The community does not have enough information at this time to accurately gauge risk.

I wonder if they are looking/comparing the unsolved Katherine Janness case. She was stabbed 50 times in Atlanta park, seemingly no DNA left behind. Police have released info that they will be analyzing dog for dna from killer so killer opts to not kill dog and risk bite or transfer this time.

Idaho might be a good place to hide out if you are wanted for murder in Atlanta.

Just something that crossed my mind while thinking on this case.

IMOO
Yea but if you’re hiding why commit a quadruple murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads