ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Methodically planned - would not have used a knife as the weapon. A gun with a silencer would have been methodically planned. The time it took to kill 4 people with a knife tells me the person did not think it through. I would image it takes more than one stab to kill someone, so imagine with me how much effort it would take to kill 4 people with a knife, the same knife as reported.
Certain killers enjoy the sexual satisfaction they get from stabbing a victim. Not the same as with a gun. Stabbing is more personal. Also, the planning would demand silence.
The perp(s) could't be sure how many people he's be engaging.
Most suppressors sold for pistols today aren't as effective as silencers.
Silencers are outlawed across the Country. A government agent or professional hitman would have a real silencer.
With confidence, I can show you how to kill with one stab, guaranteed. If the perp(s) just wanted to kill all four, four meaning that's how many were confronted while in the house, the perp(s) could have done it with only four stabs. More than four stabs tells me the perp(s) dealt with some resistance, or made it a ritual and additional stabs were for a ritual of some sort on a targeted victim or victim that the perp(s) suddenly became fascinated with.

I can't help but think that if someone is breaking into a house, they take a look at the house, noting it's entrances and exits. Normally, houses have a front door, and the closest thing I see to a front door is downstairs -- where the parking is. Is there another door somewhere that looks like a front door? There are also windows there. I don't know if the curtains were closed, but maybe the killer could look into the curtains and see what's downstairs. IDK.

I'm asking because I don't understand why the killer wouldn't know about the downstairs area, what was in it, and how to access it. From looking at the house, it's quite clear to me that it's three stories.

The house reminds me of the one Amanda knox lived in -- except the downstairs area was totally cut off. In this house in ID, it seems like there is an open staircase going down to the first floor. IDK why the killer would ignore it and not even look down there -- unless when you get to the bottom, it is a locked door.

I’ll look for the link that was posted earlier and mumtiple times about the scene LE encountered.
Basically the official said it was very bloody, and said “particularly” on the 2nd and 3rd floors.
That leads me to believe the miller did go downstairs.
So either those young women were very lucky, possibly having licked their doors or perhaps in the scariest scenario, he was sending them a message of some pathological nature.

What is everyone’s best current theory as of now?
Creepy guy in neighborhood. Not successful with women or in life in general. But gives fake impression of success (lies to make himself look better than he is). Fixated on the girls. Is or will interject himself into the investigation or with family or in the media. Wants attention. People know him to be odd duck

Last edited:
What time is presser? I am in AZ, I think 2 my time not sure though. Could someone tell me if it is in a half hour from now or a hour and a half. Thanks you guys!
Hour and a half.

<snip>
Most suppressors sold for pistols today aren't as effective as silencers.
Silencers are outlawed across the Country. A government agent or professional hitman would have a real silencer.
<snip>
The above is not true. First of all the terms suppressors and silencers are used interchangeably. Second of all, a silencer is not illegal but an NFA item. They are subject to a lot more scrutiny by the ATF and additional costs vs. just buying a gun but they are absolutely NOT illegal to own by someone who followed the process.

If the dog was in the house but unharmed, would it give more weight to the idea that it was indeed a crime of passion vs. a thrill kill/serial killer type scenario?

I am basing that on info that serial killers often start with other animals before graduating to killing humans. Would a serial or thrill killer have killed the dog too?

MOO.

(I know the roommates survived too. But I think they were spared because the killer wasn't interested in them, didn't know they were there, or didn't have the time/energy to take down two additional people.)

Because that is how they think at this age, in college. No one immediately suspects any sort of criminal activity. The thought process makes sense to me...

"I can't reach X or E on their phone, what is up? Are they will someone else?...text other friend....nope....hmm, well, I will have those guys come over...".

At that age, the brain isn't going to go to catastrophic events. Or call the police and get everyone in trouble. My kids are this age, and go through so much drama over something weird, stupid, and simple to me. My daughter will be in some sort of weird panic, over something she has been agonizing over with her friends.

She told me, I solved it in less than 5 seconds.

Just remember when you were 19, calling the police is pretty much the last thing you would do. Even if it seems like the simplest and most logical thing to do.

This describes college me perfectly. I’m in my 30s now but still call my mom sometimes if I’m freaking out and don’t know what to do. Totally agree that their brains weren’t thinking catastrophic events, which is why even when they called 911 they just thought the person was passed out.

I just read a story from another comment that is so eerily similar to this case. The survivor knew something was going on but still didn’t call 911 until actually finding the bodies And she still didn’t initially think her friends had been murdered until they told her.

Nightmare in Napa

I think solo male, 22-40, has lived in a few different cities, likely done some sort of adrenaline rush crime before (either already murder or something leading up to that). I believe given that it’s well known this is a party house and occupied by college females, this is why they were targeted. Not necessarily because he had a specific grudge against one person, but more so the house as a whole for whatever general psychopathic reason. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s been in the house, either attended a party once or for a different reason. I think he picked that night because he figured they would all be slow to react (tired and/or under the influence) and also watched it briefly before entering, but also once initially inside probably had to lie in wait to some degree. Also wouldn’t be surprised if he used a bicycle for mode of transportation and also had ridden by that house multiple times in the recent past.

MOO - a lot of talk about waking up the other person in bed while stabbing the other. Could it be possible that the killer was stabbing both victims back and forth. Not necessarily one at a time.

My gut is telling me that this is someone who has killed before and will kill again if not caught. I believe this person is engaged with the media and/or LE to see what they know but also for the attention he is getting.

I hope that when caught the killer “boasts” (gross even typing it) about what he did and tell the whole truth.

Lastly, I don’t think we’re two killers because they would each have their own “signature” and usually there’s a dom and a sub in those situations. This appears to be a single madman. IMO

I am so sorry to the families and friends of the victims. I hope justice is found soon.

My theory? A coworker/customer/fellow student that one of the girls was nice too. This person had became infatuated overtime, had watched the house, knew the victims movements etc. Possibly the night of ran into one of the girls and they possibly blew this person off/not as friendly. This angered the suspect. That night he watched the house, waited for the lights to go off. Entered through the unlocked slider or window. Made his way to the 3rd floor and killed both Maddie and Kaylee. I have a feeling these 2 may have been in the same room that night while the dog was in another? As the suspect made his way back down to the second floor, was confronted by either Ethan or Xana. Based on social media pictures and layout of the house posted, Xana's room was right below the other 2. Quite possible they did hear something (such as dog barking, scuffle) and woke up. I think the killer then locked the bedroom doors.

Based on the layout, I do not think the ground floor roommates heard anything. When they woke up probably heard the dog barking and couldn't get in the rooms, called friends over to help. Maybe they vaguely saw something in the 2nd floor window to think someone was unconscious and that's when police were called.

What I don't know is if the killer cleaned up any blood on his way out, if there was blood at all in the hallways, how he exited the home or quite frankly anything. Just my theory and could be completely wrong.

Sorry I know it's a long post, but this case has me consumed. Especially with a daughter about to go off to college. Very upsetting and my heart absolutely breaks for the family and friends.

male, late 20s - 30s
dexterous, maybe butcher or hunter.
methodical
can't decide if revenge or passion
wanted it to be personal, hence the knife instead of gun, so an added layer of ickyness
knows at least one of the victims because he knew that he wasn't at risk of being shot/there were no weapons

Wasn’t Ethan found in the hallway?
yesterdays court tv stated they cant tell if a person is asleep by autopsy, only assume so based on No defensive wounds and being positioned in bed etc….some opinions running around not claiming facts. But sleeping in a hallway doesn’t sound right….
I don't think we know yet who was found where.

I think LE meant the attack started while they were in bed asleep. The coroner said most were found still in bed.

My opinion, the person that did this watched and waited. Had a connection with at least one of the victims in the sense that he felt rejected personally. I bet he also feels rejected by society. Maybe a customer from the bar or a neighbor. I don't see this person being a university student. The suspect left undetected so he was purposeful in his movements and took some measure of evading outdoor cameras. If the sister was able to see the girls arrive via Ring camera of neighbor, then the killer left using a different direction. I agree with LE, this seems targeted.

I really wish the crime scene was not compromised with the friends being called over before the 911 call. That's really unfortunate.
Good point re the sister not viewing any potential suspect(s) on the neighbours ring cam. LE are also asking people to hand in not only cams footage with possible suspicious persons but also cam footage with no views of suspicious persons so they may track what way he did not go, as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member