ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought much the same. Also, is it possible that animal control picked up the dog that night? Maybe even when the killer was hiding in the house waiting for his targets to arrive?
No. Our Animal Control doesn’t work overnight (or weekends, AFAIK). If someone finds a dog at night, they either hold onto it overnight or call MPD, which transports to the Humane Society shelter. HTH

A message or warning, I hadn't thought of until now.

Someone owes money to someone else. If you kill them can they pay you? Nope. But if you kill someone close to them to show they can be gotten to and what may happen to them it may "inspire" them to pay their debt.
Well actually I’ve been wondering if it was more pathological. As in, a means of intimidation.

I am surprised that as small as the house is that the two upstairs were not disturbed by the murders since
at least one girl tried to fight off the attacker by the evidence of defensive wounds.
Anyone that has access other than the residence would be suspect. Maintenance even parents.

This could explain why the roommates called over friends before calling police. One of the family members has said in the press that the surviving roommates heard something that night. Pure speculation but maybe the woke up and just felt something was wrong, called friends to come assess.

I wonder if the house being "deathly quiet" was what indicated something wrong to the roommates?

MOO.

The police said the two surviving housemates had each been out of town, separately, on Saturday and had returned to the house by about 1 a.m.

Lol. I just posted about this. NYT says one thing. CBS says another.

Police said Saturday that the two surviving roommates were out separately in Moscow in the late night hours of Nov. 12, and both had returned home by 1 a.m. on Nov. 13.

ADMIN NOTE:

As Kaylee's parents said she was "a websleuth", we don't know if they meant she was an actual WSer or if it was used in a more generic sense.

If any member or guest reading here knows that Kaylee was in fact a Websleuths member, and her user ID, please send me a private message to advise. Tricia has asked me to find out as she would like to send flowers or make a donation to something in Kaylee's name.

Thank you.
I'm wondering whether her email address has appeared publicly anywhere?

ETA if anybody finds it please send it via PM to @Sillybilly .
Do not post it on public forum. IMO

Last edited:
For some reason, I thought the two survivors were out on the town not out of town.

Anyone have a link?
This is what I had read and it’s been posted previously

Last edited:
I think it is someone known very well by at least one of the victims.
Then why did he kill other people in their sleep? Someone driven by passion, revenge or grudge will not kill strangers when he has one intended target. Furthermore, almost all grudge/revenge killers face their victims, argue with them, and mostly use a gun, they don't stab people unrelated to the grudge in their sleep. This doesn't add up to a revenge/passion killing in my opinion. JMO

Last edited:
FFS, I guess we don't know where the surviving roommates were.

"Police said Saturday that the two surviving roommates were out separately in Moscow in the late night hours of Nov. 12, and both had returned home by 1 a.m. on Nov. 13."

"The police said the two surviving housemates had each been out of town, separately, on Saturday and had returned to the house by about 1 a.m."

Very frustrating. And it scares me.

City of Moscow Police Department

1h ·
MEDIA ADVISORY - NO CRITICAL UPDATES
The City of Moscow Police Department is holding a press conference at 1 p.m. today, Wednesday, Nov. 23, in the Alumni Lounge of the ICCU Arena, 900 Stadium Drive on the University of Idaho Moscow campus.
Speakers:
Moscow Police Chief James Fry
Moscow Police Captain Roger Lanier
Idaho State Police Colonel Kedrick Wills
University of Idaho President Scott Green
Moscow Deputy City Supervisor Tyler Palmer
The conference will be live-streamed on YouTube at:
YOUTU.B
youtu.b

Then why did he kill other people in their sleep? Someone driven by passion, revenge or grudge will not kill strangers when he has one intended target. Furthermore, almost all grudge/revenge killers face their killers, argue with them, and mostly use a gun, they don't stab people unrelated to the grudge in their sleep. This doesn't add up to a revenge/passion killing in my opinion. JMO
Exactly! I can't imagine why the police called it a "crime of passion" and the coroner said it was "personal." The perp went from room to room, methodically.

A link to an initial on scene report from an official has been posted repeatedly, I’ll try to bring it over again.
Paraphrasing he said the scene was “particularly” bloody on the two upper floors.
That led me to believe that he did make it downstairs to the first floor.
How and why the survivors were spared may be simple. Locked doors?
Or he may have been sending them a message or warning..
If that's the case, I hope we hear of whether there was a blood down there. If he went down there first, I'd say it's awfully risky to go on a killing spree not knowing who or what is behind locked doors downstairs. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper