ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably better for them not to do this conferences than dime out and say nothing. The questions were ridiculous and clearly, they don’t want to compromise the investigation. It’s probably a stalker
I get the impression they really did need to appeal for more sightings, video, photos (including photos and videos with things “missing” from them). They need the coverage and they want that appeal out.

Random thought…what you don’t see…maybe a significant and personal piece of jewelry would have been worn by one of the victims but was missing…
My mind went to

1) someone who wasn’t included in the last social media post perhaps, and excluded

2) a weapon/knife/sword that had previously been on display in someone’s home or something they showed off that is suddenly gone

As I posted previously, There is a difference between saying someone is cleared versus "not a suspect". Implied: "at this time." MOO when I contemplate the apparent certainty with which LE stated right from the get go that this was a "targeted" attack, combined with my ideas about motives, and finally my belief from following other murder cases (Indiana), LE has to get every duck of evidence in order before naming someone a suspect. I imagine the evidence is still being processed. I think they know exactly who dunnit.
That's also what most of us said about the Delphi murders but turns out they didn't know at all.

They've repeatedly told news outlets that the killer was "sloppy" and left a "mess of evidence". Those are the two main points they have been stressing to the media. I believe there is a "mess of evidence" bc of the house's reputation, but I don't believe they would be able to tell if he was sloppy or not. Sloppy would mean they have DNA evidence, which they clearly do not. MOO!
Right, they are characterizing the scene, as I interpret it, not the killer.

I get the impression they really did need to appeal for more sightings, video, photos (including photos and videos with things “missing” from them). They need the coverage and they want that appeal out.
And if they didn't do pressers, they would get a ton of heat from the press, community and families. They're stuck in a Catch-22, IMO.

It may be journalists are given a "list" of areas they can ask questions on prior to the presser?

So no questions about DNA, victim's social media, stalker, etc. to mold the presser how they want to portray the case to the killer?
Thats a scary thought. Government control of the press. I could believe it tho.

Not fair. If this is a random killer who has no connection to any of the victims and knows what he’s doing & how not to leave evidence behind, it will not be solved quickly. A zillion LE agencies are on this, and it’s a tough one. I think they’re doing a thorough job and also a really good job of keeping the public informed, even when they don’t have much news. People are scared.
My feeling is this could take years to solve. Imo.

Does anybody know if the party that E & X went to was at E's residence? Just thinking if they were saw at that party by the perp they may have assumed they'd be staying there for the night.

(The statement referenced ^^^ being ... "what you don't see" in "a photo or video" )

The way that you explain that makes me think that the police are speaking to the killer(s).
The presser may be more about communicating with the killer(s) than informing the public.

I have framed photos that mean a lot to our family in various places around my home. Maybe the one of the victims had some special photos in her room…that the survivors remember always seeing there…that are now missing.

Or maybe it is something that appears in their videos, that is missing now. Perhaps a gift or a piece of memorabilia, not something of value…but something that the killer saw fit,in his rage, to remove. It could also point to whomever was ‘targeted.’

In all fairness they are not going to answer that. No criminal investigation would. You don’t publicly announce you have DNA before you have a suspect in custody. It opens the door to all sorts of possibilities about how they react - Suicide, more violence etc… it can also worst case jepodise a trial.

It’s frustrating but they simply aren’t going to give exact specifics about an ongoing investigation. Need to look at what they are not saying
Delphi guys did say they have the DNA of the killer early in the investigation from what I remember. Neither telling or not telling will have any effect on the killer, but it will reassure the public somewhat. Actually, not telling might make the killer comfortable and relaxed, not really bothered. If they say they have his DNA, that might actually rattle him and cause him to make a mistake - leave the town, do something stupid, etc. And if he has already left the town along with all the others at the beginning of the attack, neither case scenario would really matter all that much.
Not fair. If this is a random killer who has no connection to any of the victims and knows what he’s doing & how not to leave evidence behind, it will not be solved quickly. A zillion LE agencies are on this, and it’s a tough one. I think they’re doing a thorough job and also a really good job of keeping the public informed, even when they don’t have much news. People are scared.
I think it's fair to say that the people want to be reassured that the police have this in hand, not spend time on meaningless virtue signalling. As a matter of fact, that type of virtue signalling at a tragic time such as this might make people even more anxious and angry. These men and women living in that area don't need to be told to love their loved ones or how shocking this is for the town, they need the police to be doing their job. I know this sounds harsh, but it's the truth. If you have nothing to say, don't. No need to waste everyone's time.

Random thought…what you don’t see…maybe a significant and personal piece of jewelry would have been worn by one of the victims but was missing…
Wonder if the killer left a "calling card" so to speak - like jewelry or a personal item - and so they mean "hey if someone has worn the same ring for 3 years and it's not there..." That being said (well, typed) I realize what I just typed sounds a bit ludicrous. Nothing could surprise me at this point.

Ah, the curse of human hubris which is accentuated by the proliferation of crime shows.

People think that cops can solve cases in one hour, including commercials.

(The statement referenced ^^^ being ... "what you don't see" in "a photo or video" )

The way that you explain that makes me think that the police are speaking to the killer(s).
The presser may be more about communicating with the killer(s) than informing the public.
Yes. I have wondered about the photo of the 6 of them that was taken the day of the murders. Who took that photo???

We did. They gave evidence amt detail and said male on phone w/ Maddie and Kaylee is not a suspect.

What I learned from press brief:

Sorry Folks....we will not be releasing any information that would compromise the case, i.e. what only the killer would know. LE did not lead with information that the community is in any danger, i.e. no serial killer. AND a suspect has not been named, so everyone's on the list, imo. Search for clues expanded to other neighborhoods, i.e. post those security cameras, etc.

Is it possible that the perp was an overnight guest of one of the downstairs housemates? That person would be well aware of the layout of the house, and would know everyone was asleep, house quiet. It would explain how they got in. It may have been mentioned on the 911 call that that person was present or had been present. It could explain the ‘targeted’ killing. MOO.

It could also explain the ‘what you don’t see’ comment re that last photo.

Sorry if this sounds naive or has been discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67