ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably better for them not to do this conferences than dime out and say nothing. The questions were ridiculous and clearly, they don’t want to compromise the investigation. It’s probably a stalker

"We will be policing the area". Whoa. If I lived in this city, that wouldn't make me feel very secure.
It must be scary. But I don‘t know what else they can say to make people feel secure and safe, when they actually aren’t safe now, and apparently weren’t really safe prior to the murders. All the locals can do is stay vigilant.

Are any of us ever really safe? I think we often have a false sense of security. I know I do. Until something awful happens.

jmo

Out of the whole press conference the only thing interesting that came up is the 911 call and the wi fi pinging question. What the hell is the point of these stunts? Why is nobody asking about the DNA, handprints, what do they have on the killer? These should be the most basic questions possible. Instead we get:

"How are you feeling guys, you good? Do you need a cup of coffee tomorrow"?

What the... Are the reporters not allowed to ask certain questions or something?

In all fairness they are not going to answer that. No criminal investigation would. You don’t publicly announce you have DNA before you have a suspect in custody. It opens the door to all sorts of possibilities about how they react - Suicide, more violence etc… it can also worst case jepodise a trial.

It’s frustrating but they simply aren’t going to give exact specifics about an ongoing investigation. Need to look at what they are not saying

It may be journalists are given a "list" of areas they can ask questions on prior to the presser?

So no questions about DNA, victim's social media, stalker, etc. to mold the presser how they want to portray the case to the killer?

I agree with everything you said except "still relatively early in the case". For a murder like this it is getting late in the case. Most murders this style are solved sooner than this. I hope they announce an arrest or POI today but I am not gonna hold my breath.

It's only been a week and a half, right? Not being a smartass. I think that's right, but just too lazy to check before replying. lol Anyway, if it has only been 10 days or so then I stand by my statement of it still being "relatively early in the case." I mean, they're still collecting evidence at the scene aren't they? I agree that a lot of murders similar to this (college age victims, seemingly bloody/messy scene, small window of time for crime, etc) are solved pretty quickly, many within a few days, BUT I also think this lends more credence to my theory that it's a total stranger and crime of opportunity.

side note: couple of the mains reasons those "similar" murders are solved so quickly is because usually the perp is dating/an ex of victim and/or there was sexual assault (easy DNA). that doesn't change anything, but I think it's important to note

Just pat yourself on the back, virtue signal and have nothing. Brilliant job from the police so far.
Not fair. If this is a random killer who has no connection to any of the victims and knows what he’s doing & how not to leave evidence behind, it will not be solved quickly. A zillion LE agencies are on this, and it’s a tough one. I think they’re doing a thorough job and also a really good job of keeping the public informed, even when they don’t have much news. People are scared.

They've repeatedly told news outlets that the killer was "sloppy" and left a "mess of evidence". Those are the two main points they have been stressing to the media. I believe there is a "mess of evidence" bc of the house's reputation, but I don't believe they would be able to tell if he was sloppy or not. Sloppy would mean they have DNA evidence, which they clearly do not. MOO!
They have some sort of forensic evidence:
  1. Why has no forensic information been released?
“Forensic evidence was collected from the crime scene and is currently being processed. The test results will be used by detectives to assist in the investigation. As this is a criminal matter, much of the evidence will not be released to the public.”

Granted, they didn’t specifically mention a DNA.

Below are the four types of forensic evidence:
  • Real Evidence. Physical evidence that is intimately linked to the case facts is called real evidence. ...
  • Testimonial statements (interviews)
  • Demonstrative Evidence.
  • Documentary Evidence (social media posts etc)
Based on their posts about how they collected/ found a forensic evidence, we can only surmise that it could be the DNA since it was collected (physically collected) in the crime scene.

Last edited:
As I posted previously, There is a difference between saying someone is cleared versus "not a suspect". Implied: "at this time." MOO when I contemplate the apparent certainty with which LE stated right from the get go that this was a "targeted" attack, combined with my ideas about motives, and finally my belief from following other murder cases (Indiana), LE has to get every duck of evidence in order before naming someone a suspect. I imagine the evidence is still being processed. I think they know exactly who dunnit.

It must be scary. But I don‘t know what else they can say to make people feel secure and safe, when they actually aren’t safe now, and apparently weren’t really safe prior to the murders. All the locals can do is stay vigilant.

Are any of us ever really safe? I think we often have a false sense of security. I know I do. Until something awful happens.

jmo
I don't know about residents of Moscow, ID. But, I do know that if my daughter was going there now, we would be looking at transfer for next semester. Especially since the perpetrator has not been caught.

Yes, bad things happen every where. And Moscow, ID seems to be one of the safest places in the world, until it is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiasco331989