ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought police said they know that these 4 were the only intended targets? Now police say it's a serial killer? Methinks the police know nothing.

Police have not said it is a serial killer. They have said that they are looking into every possible lead, and sharing information with communities that have similar crimes.

It is too early to make a conclusion about specific related instances. However, given the brutality of this crime, there is speculation about reoffending or prior instances as mentioned in a media interview with an academic profiler.

Police have not said it is a serial killer. They have said that they are looking into every possible lead, and sharing information with communities that have similar crimes.

It is too early to make a conclusion about specific related instances. However, given the brutality of this crime, there is speculation about reoffending or prior instances as mentioned in a media interview with an academic profiler.
Nah, police originally said categorically it's NOT a serial killer. That the killer knew the victims. Well if that's true, where's the arrest? The police know nothing & want to prevent panic. 99% chance it's a thrill kill.

I'm hoping the dog's situation will help me understand the puzzling phone calls that came from inside the home.
1. to the co-owner of the dog from K & M; and
2. from the surviving roommates to other friends (rather than 911, or even contacting the other people you live with) upon waking to one unresponsive person in your home.....

If there was a missing dog, I could begin to understand...maybe...
I agree. The best way the calls make sense are a missing dog. However, LE says it was found at the home. This makes things complicated if both statements are true. Was the dog taken and brought back? Was it in a room that made no sense for it to be in?

Don’t even get me started with the 911 fiasco.

Why are you distracted by the dog? Have police said that the dog's behaviour is important to understand?
No, the police have not said much at all about what is important to understand IMO.

As I said in my post, a missing dog could lead to open door. That’s potentially big- why not just write an invitation to the killer? (Not victim-blaming WHATSOEVER, just opining a possible “opportunity” for the attacker.)

Is there any confirmation on what rooms the surviving roommates lived in, has it been ruled out that one of them couldve lived on the other room on the second floor, just throwing the possibility out there

I have to mention, if they dog was incapacitated, knocked out or sedated/drugged. I don't know any dog that would not go crazy listening to murders.
Dogs, like people, vary quite a bit in personality, abilities, and temperament, not just within each breed, but within each dog. I've had dogs who all would have likely handled it differently. I had a dog who would literally run and hide (quietly without a peep) in a random corner or under a bed when someone slammed a door, yelled, or broke an object on accident, anything he perceived as violent. My current dog is big, and sweet and friendly, but she can be timid around new people and situations. I don't know if she'd bark or attack if someone came in here and got violent. Have no idea how she'd react because she's never been in that position before. Just like people, dogs can be hard to predict. Some do nothing, others hide, others try to help. It really depends greatly on the dog.

Don't know why folks think that this or that person will provide vital information to police. Most people don't notice anything going on around them. If you can sleep through a bloodbath, it can't be assumed you're the most vigilant kind of person. The killer has outwitted the police & the FBI & no one can admit it.

Yes. Useless to the investigation. Why say they have critical information when police have already said they slept through the whole thing!
The roommates got home by 1:00. They were there when the others came home. The others could have told them about something that had happened while they were out. Or something like "say, detective, the other day, X told me that..."
We really don't know how useful they are to the investigation yet.

Maybe this guy was peeping the house the past couple months. He's sitting in the back in the early morning hours. He's got his phone but he uses the victim's wifi. Maybe he's using an app or he's browsing online waiting for anything to look at in the windows, who knows. When he goes to kill on the night of the 13th, he leaves his phone home or turns it off thinking he's smart but not realizing that le has a log of his phone using their wi fi on previous nights and times. If he's a neighbor using their wifi in his own apartment, they can differentiate between him using his laptop on their wifi and his cellphone. You're not bringing your laptop to the back of the house to peep. You're probably bringing your cell phone instead. They can see patterns. They can see what sites he's visiting and they see possibly him visiting one of the victims social media sites.

It could be they didn't find any dna to link him yet to the scene, but they have this circumstantial evidence like the one above and they are building off of that.They have him on 24 hour surveillance so they know he's not going to be a threat to anybody else.

"We believe this was a targeted attack"
"You're just going to have to trust us."

It's going to be something crazy like this.

Dog significance: if let out before M&K got home, possibly perp was in house already while roommates were out, hiding, and put him out so wouldn’t bark later.
K’sister said in her 1st interview that when k got home she took the dog out. I assume she got this info from the same camera footage that showed her come home .

Gina20 said: "It also matters if the arboretum is a place where the homeless and drug users hang out. Bizarre behavior, drugs, homelessness so close to the crime scene might be important."

Does anybody have the stats on how many homeless people Moscow has? Does the city have an active meth problem?

The roommates got home by 1:00. They were there when the others came home. The others could have told them about something that had happened while they were out. Or something like "say, detective, the other day, X told me that..."
We really don't know how useful they are to the investigation yet.
Guarantee their testimony will be non-contributory.

Is there any confirmation on what rooms the surviving roommates lived in, has it been ruled out that one of them couldve lived on the other room on the second floor, just throwing the possibility out there
I'm pretty sure they both were in the basement-level bedrooms.

AFAIK, and I've been looking for that information since day one, there is no official confirmation on who slept where, including the roommates.

Nah, police originally said categorically it's NOT a serial killer. That the killer knew the victims. Well if that's true, where's the arrest? The police know nothing & want to prevent panic. 99% chance it's a thrill kill.

They didn’t say any of this.

What they did say was the nature of the attack and totality of the evidence available to them have have suggested that it is a targeted attack. They have not categorically ruled out anything, although they have continuously cleared several individuals as the investigation has continued.

I agree. The best way the calls make sense are a missing dog. However, LE says it was found at the home. This makes things complicated if both statements are true. Was the dog taken and brought back? Was it in a room that made no sense for it to be in?

Don’t even get me started with the 911 fiasco.
The Moscow Idaho website says that a dog was located at the residence ON THE NIGHT OF THE INCIDENT and turned over to Animal Services..... That indicates that police found a dog at the residence on the night of the incident... but didn't have anyone to turn him over to save for Animal Services, IF none of the occupants yet realized that had a missing pet.

By the next day at noon when the calls went out the friends to come over and assess the situation that one of the four people in the house was unresponsive....it would have been very obvious the dog was missing to those that already knew he was in a shared custody arrangement - meaning the next logical explanation for the terrier would be his owner confiscated him at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper