ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There must be some kind of electronic device in that house and parking area that picked up evidence. Kg had the range rover, that might have advanced system. That kind of stuff I imagine the feds are picking apart.

To follow-up on on of my earlier posts, I still have absolutely no strong opinions on who exactly could have done this, but have a lot of theories. Some points:

1) The killer could have been solo, or there could have possibly been 2 people. But, I lean more towards a solo killer. It would have been a lot easier for one person to have done this quickly, left the house, and then subsequently left the area without attracting any/a lot of attention - than for 2 people to have done this. It's also a lot easier for one person to do a crime like this & keep their mouth shut - than for 2 people to keep quiet about this.

2) I lean towards the killer being male, but am open to the possibility of a female. Whether male or female, I strongly suspect the person was physically powerful/strong.

3) I don't believe the killer/killers knew about the 2 surviving victims on the bottom floor. Or, if they did know about the 2 survivors, they were rushed and didn't have time for them. Or, maybe they tried the door & since it was locked, didn't want to take the time/energy to break down the door (which would cause a lot of noise)/pick the lock and risk the 2 waking up & being able to fight back, etc. But, I'm leaning toward the idea that they were unaware these 2 were in the house.

4) As far as who did this & what the motive was?! I have no single, definitive theory. It's possible that this was:

a) Someone known to one or more of the 4 in the group, who was enraged about a real or perceived slight/insult/rejection/etc. Maybe they were fuming about this for a long time, until they finally exploded.

b) Going along with the above: The killer could have been a stalker of one (or more) of the girls, that escalated to murder.

c) Or, it's possible they were not known by anyone in the group. They could have been a local person/persons in the town/area who were angry/jealous about these attractive young people with seemingly bright futures, and decided to lash out.

d) However, it's also possible this was a beginning?! serial killer/killers who did know who lived in the house but may never have met any of them & didn't have anything against any of them specifically. They may have just decided to assault the 4 just because they are a malicious psychopath/psychopaths.

e) They may have been a local. Or, they may have been a drifter/drifters who was/were passing through town & maybe stayed for a brief period.

In other words, IMHO this could have been anyone.
I don't understand 4d. Could you explain it again?

If they didn't actually see the person, and were just worried because they weren't responding, then yeah, I definitely get calling friends first. First, if it's just a case of being really drunk and passed out, you don't want to get them in trouble. Second, this has been described as a party house. If you know or suspect there may be drugs in the house, the last thing you want is police poking around.
^^(my bold) if they were worried...saving lives, rather than getting in trouble, would make the most sense. The only people who would worry about police, if drugs were in the house...would be a drug dealer. These kids weren't that. They couldn't get in trouble for being too drunk in their beds. A boyfriend/girlfriend locking the bedroom door is normal, if not expected. But getting worried that you couldn't rouse them, would probably make you want to go check on the other people who live there, I would guess.

There must be some kind of electronic device in that house and parking area that picked up evidence. Kg had the range rover, that might have advanced system. That kind of stuff I imagine the feds are picking apart.

My opinion. there are only 4 reasons I can think of killing someone. 1.Sex, 2.wealth (something victim have), 3. jealousy (revenge) or 4.psychopath…it. In this case, I rule out wealth, sex. Psychopath..maybe..to me..high chance of revenge… it is for sure someone they know.. slip into their bed with knife.. boom no chance.. the first victim is the target.. 2nd,3rd,4th is get rid of witnesses.. just in case they were awake (pretend to sleep). No witnesses. The survivors (in basement)had no chance of seeing so they were spared. The *advertiser censored* Got to leave the crime scene asap just in case seen. I’m guessing of course. Why knife and not gun ? Sound + cost!silencer are expensive. I’m convinced the assailant came back to the crime scene to see what is going on after.. my guesses

If it is so dark, how did the killer see to get around esp in a wooded area where walking is difficult.

it would seem that having a light would not be something a stealth killer would have on
Maybe a red led headlamp on its lowest setting?

It's amazing to me that all these news outlets have these so called crime experts that all say different things. Some say it was a stranger, some say it was someone they knew, some say it was a serial killer, some say it was angry ex and on and on. When in reality they probably don't know any more about this case than any member on here (probably less lol). So, what they are doing is basically pushing their theory. The problem with that is that because they are labeled an expert people tend to believe what they are saying. Right now there is probably one person who really knows what happened that night. The killer. So while we can theorize and try to figure things out, the truth won't come out until they are caught, and maybe even then we may not know the whole story. But I feel it's wrong for these experts to push their theories as fact before we really know anything at all. That is why I like this site so much. Any member can theorize about what happened, and add their own unique insight while other members can question, add their own insight, or agree, but no one is pushing their narrative as fact.

Agreed. These "so-called" experts who claim to know the type of person that committed this crime have their heads up their collective rear-ends. This case is all over the news & online. Anyone that wants to do research on the case can do so. These "experts" don't know any more about this than the rest of us.

If one victim was targeted, then the other three were collateral damage. I can't make sense of that.
It doesn’t make much sense. If you have a target, you go in, kill your target. The coroner said they were all likely asleep when they were attacked. I know there’s speculation that someone ended up on the floor in a room, which may have happened after they were attacked, they could’ve still been alive and tried to get help. If we believe her, then no one was woken up, went to investigate and then was killed to eliminate witnesses.

So if you have one target and everyone else is sleeping and can’t see you, why do you kill 4 people instead of the one. I can get on board with the killer mixing up Maddie and Kaylee if one of them were the targets, but Xana and Ethan couldn’t get mixed up with them.

Link please? I have heard that rumor but I don’t think it is a fact.
I’ll try to find it but I have not seen it as well. I think it was said to be one of the surviving roommates that posted it at one time. Everyone has set their social media accounts to private except for M&K’s so it would not be possible to pull it up.

First post, so just posting a possible targeting scenario that I don't believe has been mentioned on here. Could KG and MM been sleeping in the same bed? Killer comes in expecting just KG. Remember it's probably dark in the room. He has to kill both of them. Lots of noise is made. Ethan wakes up leaves room but gets overtaken in hall. Xana is totally passed out in her bedroom. Maybe she slowly wakes up stumbles out of bedroom Killer sees her. Killer chases after her into her room. Then after locks the room. I could be wrong but I don't even think we know for sure if her door was locked or not. Same with where E was found. Parents interviewed say the hall.

A little off topic from the 12 threads but wonder what will become of that house. Will then end up tearing it down…I highly doubt someone would ever want to live there. I’ve seen stories of other famous crime houses but this one hits differently. Just a weird situation for the property owner now.
Maybe they could make an animal rescue/shelter out of it. Given the trees many a pup could run and play there while awaiting their forever home. Not to discriminate against cats because they would surely benefit too. IMO

It doesn’t make much sense. If you have a target, you go in, kill your target. The coroner said they were all likely asleep when they were attacked. I know there’s speculation that someone ended up on the floor in a room, which may have happened after they were attacked, they could’ve still been alive and tried to get help. If we believe her, then no one was woken up, went to investigate and then was killed to eliminate witnesses.

So if you have one target and everyone else is sleeping and can’t see you, why do you kill 4 people instead of the one. I can get on board with the killer mixing up Maddie and Kaylee if one of them were the targets, but Xana and Ethan couldn’t get mixed up with them.
The killer couldn’t find the target is my guess, that’s why the scene was likely messy

If there were no signs of forced entry, that might not indicate a door or window left unlocked. Among the possible explanations might be the vulnerabilities of most sliding glass doors. Even when they're locked, a strong individual can lift them right out of their tracks. Many sliders have primitive locks that are almost worthless. Sticks and screw locks in the track do little for many brands of sliders - they can be rocked in their tracks and lifted over obstructions. Perhaps the perpetrator was able to lift a slding door out of its tracks, and then put it back in its tracks.

I have read numerous times that "targeted" is due to that there was no evidence of forced entry...(I know..I know..it doesn't make sense to me)

I heard Snell say it today in an interview...

You very well could be right! And I’m sure everything plays apart on why they are so sure it was “ targeted “ but from what I’ve gathered, Ethan and Xana lived on the second floor in apartment 2B. From recent pictures , it appears as if surviving Roommate D lived in room 2A on the same floor. The idea had been that both surviving roommates had been on the first floor and therefore could simply been overlooked by the killer. But a roommate being present on the SAME floor as the murder, I think changes ALOT MOO

If they didn't actually see the person, and were just worried because they weren't responding, then yeah, I definitely get calling friends first. First, if it's just a case of being really drunk and passed out, you don't want to get them in trouble. Second, this has been described as a party house. If you know or suspect there may be drugs in the house, the last thing you want is police poking around.
It’s possible that the surviving roommates saw that their other roommates cars were in the driveway/parking lot, but they weren’t answering when they knocked on their doors and the doors were locked. The surviving roommates may never have seen them, they just knew they were in the rooms not responding. So they call friends in a panic (perhaps too scared to call 911 initially because they don’t want to overreact if it’s just someone passed out from drugs/alcohol). I’m thinking it’s highly possible that E’s siblings were one of the friends called to come over, which might explain why E’s parents said 2 of their triplets were there and are who called them to deliver the terrible news.

I wonder ,too. People do move into murder houses, but this situation of it being for campus housing, I doubt if parents would give their kids money to live there

so the owner loses the money because the house now has no value?

Good question! Apparently they are called “stigmatized properties.” If the fascination factor isn’t there or if the crime was exceedingly atrocious, looks like foreclosure-demolition-readdressing. But maybe this owner can recoup some losses from the location of the property?

Last edited:
I’ll try to find it but I have not seen it as well. I think it was said to be one of the surviving roommates that posted it at one time. Everyone has set their social media accounts to private except for M&K’s so it would not be possible to pull it up.
Yeah they’ve been locking them down. If it’s no longer available and it wasn’t reported by LE or MSM, we can’t talk about it as if were a fact. If something is just your opinion, you can state it and make sure to clarify it is your opinion only. Basically, if there isn’t a link, it’s not a fact here on Websleuths :)

And welcome!

Last edited:
Yeah they’ve been locking them down. If it’s no long available and it wasn’t reported by LE or MSM, we can’t talk about it as if we’re a fact. If something is just your opinion, you can state it and make sure to clarify it is your opinion only. Basically, if there isn’t a link, it’s not a fact here on Websleuths :)

And welcome!
I’m sorry! I had been trying to be careful how I worded things stating that I read it or what have You-
I’ll be more careful. Not sure how I had worded that post tbh. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste