ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t think anything from the 911 call had been released. My understanding is everybody is surmising the 911 operator used the unconscious word.
I think initial articles of the news of 4 slain college students stated police were called to the address because of an unconscious person. No other details have been released I don't think.

also wondered why surviving roommates/friends who called 911 would have reported unconscious person, if there was a massive amount of blood in the hallway and on the stairs (again, assuming that the killer came back downstairs from the third floor, to the second floor, to exit through the sliding glass doors)… maybe they reported an unconscious person because the killer actually left through that window in this photo, and jumped from the deck… seems like it could at least be a possibility… otherwise, I would imagine there would be blood all over the place and the surviving roommates would’ve called 911 immediately, rather than calling friends over first… and would’ve reported a massive amount of blood rather than “an unconscious person”… just a thought… I do not understand why the police will explain this whole weird “unconscious person” thing…
I agree with other posters that the “unconscious person” term is probably due to 911 protocol or limited info known at time of call and not the actual words of the caller. For example, they could have said “friend/roommate has been stabbed and is unconscious and not responding”. Then it gets shortened to only “unconscious person” to limit details in log. MOO.

I know that Moscow PD have stated that they believe that the other two stabbing murders—the one in 2021 in state of Oregon, and the one in 2020 in state of Washington—are not linked to this case…but how could they determine that so quickly?

It seems that all three attacks have some striking similarities in terms of specifics: home entered btwn. 3:00 and 4:00 am; knife attack in home residence; all on the 13th of a month, which was also a ‘weekend’ night; one in each state that all border one another geographically
It was a 1999 double stabbing, not murder, in Pullman, WA that is apparently unrelated:
“There have been numerous media inquiries about a 1999 double stabbing in Pullman, Washington”

EDIT: I removed link to news article about sentencing in case I think but don’t know for a fact the PR was referencing since I’m not sure it’s allowed.

Moo

Last edited:
Also my thoughts on the stools in front of the sliding glass doors. Do we know when that pic was taken? Most police and crime scene investigators would know not to move a thing. Especially not until the 3D scans are made. You want EVERYTHING to be just as it was

Also it's usually an "all hands on deck" situation when you have a murder like this. The prosecutor being involved is probably nothing more then the fact that this is a very complex and high profile case.
I can find photos (quick search) with the stools standing upright on the 20th, but I believe this are all repostings from earlier on. I remember the video/photos of the stools blocking the doorway after the photo of the policeman standing in the doorway with the stools upright. I believe that the stools were put there by LE to help protect the crime scene.

I thought he was looking at another house’s windows.

Nope, he's looking inside the third floor window with the pi phi symbol (arrow).

You can see the same window in this photo:

znv4y5igk92a1.png

So they know for sure that everyone was in the home by 2am, but they're asking for surveillance from 3am to 6am? So I'm assuming they somehow the killer didn't leave until after 3am?
It's weird that they are not asking for surveillance before then. Like why not 11pm-6am to widen the gap to see the killer arrive? It makes me think they know something happened that night that led the killer to follow them home. I haven't read every single post, so I may be missing bits of information here and there.
I agree. And even surveillance footage for a week or two or more before the incident, AND footage SINCE the incident… I am no professional profiler, but I do know that some sickos like to return to the scene and relive the experience… So creepy.

I think initial articles of the news of 4 slain college students stated police were called to the address because of an unconscious person. No other details have been released I don't think.
MPD Press Log on 11/13/2022 says:

2-M09903 Homicide

Incident Address: 1100 blk KING RD

MOSCOW ID 83843

Disposition: ACT

Time Reported: 11:56

Cad Comments:

Complaint of unconscious person. Officers and EMS responded. Coroner and detectives notified. Report taken.

MPD Press Log 11/13/2022

A conjecture on my part about the 911 call: (MOO) The 911 call may well have been frantic and crying and saying there's blood everywhere! My friends room has blood everywhere!! 911 operator: Are they conscious? Caller: No! They won't wake up! 911 operator types in the words: "Victims are not conscious".

Do you lean toward the perp being a neighbor?
I’m just not sure yet. If not a near neighbor, maybe a local. Someone who walks in the area or maybe worked on one of those nearby apartment buildings.
We have been told that it was a “messy” scene. This points to a disorganized killer; one who doesn’t plan well and who kills on an urge or rage. These killers are usually easier to identify and catch. The organized killer on the other hand, plans out his attack. He is methodical and careful and leaves few clues.
The problem with this case is that we have what appears to be a disorganized killer, but has managed to kill 4 people at once leaving few clues that we know of. I don’t think the neighbor, fellow student, acquaintance, would be that skilled. Is he just lucky?
What are your thoughts?

Really? I'm happy the pupper is safe, and unless he was picked up with a chunk of the killer in his mouth, I don't think the investigation at this point needs to share any more info about him.
Seriously agree with this, and I’m really curious as to why there is so much interest in this dog. Unless I’m missing something, sleuthing this dog’s location/whereabouts seems pretty futile in the big picture. Even if the most pointed questions are answered by LE, does it actually help to solve these murders? Dog in or out… purposely removed or accidentally let out… found wandering or locked inside. Regardless, the dog can’t be an actual witness to any of this. I’m sure DNA was collected from the dog if indeed this animal was present during the murders. Sorry citykid, this isn’t directed at you… other than your comment sparked my rant.

“Detectives are seeking all outside surveillance video taken from 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. on Sunday, November 13th, from businesses and residences within the geographical area listed below:

• West Taylor Ave (north boundary)
  • West Palouse River Dr (south boundary)
  • Highway 95 south to the 2700 block of Highway 95 S (east boundary)
  • Arboretum & Botanical Garden (west boundary)
E2BB6EB4-D9A1-45F8-8522-37E610DEE6A3.jpeg
Moo, these are the locations LE’s needs video evidence between 3am to 6am.

Did the perp parked on Taylor Ave?

A few things I notice based on their updated reports and their actions:

188D7447-D38D-4A45-BB87-12A32BF32770.jpeg322158F1-64CD-4538-89ED-05972CA32D56.jpegEDFF7B6C-ACF2-4154-BC73-467E912E517B.jpegB39EB2E4-2E34-49FD-A409-EE5718D3696C.jpeg

Approximately (between) 1:45 am E and X and k and M 1:56 am when all 4s return home. Did LE have video evidence of someone going in the direction of where the crime took place but didn’t see it coming back out?

Moo, If someone is going to commit a crime, would it be easier to go in their unlock door then after committing the crime, it didn’t want to be seen so chose another exit (windows etc)
Or
Moo, someone did not planned on committing the crime, enter the property through an unlock door, then committed the crime and now it didn’t want to be seen coming out of the door.

Recent updates, and reports shows LE were focusing on a window lock, the back side of the house (blind spot, hiding spot)

Attachments

• 37749AE3-AF86-46E1-B915-6B15D332B8CD.jpeg
    37749AE3-AF86-46E1-B915-6B15D332B8CD.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 24
  • C564D70E-BFAB-4F10-8891-7893E926AB5A.jpeg
    C564D70E-BFAB-4F10-8891-7893E926AB5A.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
MPD Press Log on 11/13/2022 says:

2-M09903 Homicide

Incident Address: 1100 blk KING RD

MOSCOW ID 83843

Disposition: ACT

Time Reported: 11:56

Cad Comments:

Complaint of unconscious person. Officers and EMS responded. Coroner and detectives notified. Report taken.

MPD Press Log 11/13/2022
Hmm. That’s weird. They keep stating the 911 call was at 11.58…here it is 11.56 and coroner notified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HazardPay