ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your dad is probably a morning person. I am nocturnal and won't be mad at all. I hate early morning calls. If X's dad is nocturnal, it is totally fine.

Maybe even has a curfew of sorts and it's one of Dad's rules to call him. I can see me doing that when my daughter is in college, and no, I'm not a helicopter Dad. Ha.

Did anyone else see that the coroner clarified that NOT all of them were killed in bed? She said that original report that all of them were in bed was inaccurate. Does that not lend itself to that the killer was confronted or someone woke up and called out is someone there & that is why others were killed? I’m assuming he had 1 victim in mind, had to kill the other in the room and then maybe someone else did hear something resulting in the death of the other two perhaps?
I think it’s as simple as there being two victims who were in one room, one was stabbed in bed and died there, the other tried to get away and was stabbed while on the floor, trying to get away.

JMHO

I know, I know... The dog again.
I thought about this extensively and had two points regarding dog etc.
1. If the dog was let in and slept in a kennel at night, it would explain much of the where/when/why.
2. I reviewed police logs and found calls made regarding the location of an animal transported to local animal shelter.
"22-M09911 Suspicious Person/Circumstance

Incident Address: 2000 blk WHITE AVE

MOSCOW ID 83843

Disposition: ACT

Time Reported: 17:30

Cad Comments:

Request assistance locating dog that was dropped off at shelter.

Officer responded. Computer report."

Moscow Police Log 11-13-22
If the dog was significant in any way, LE wouldn’t have turned him over to the dog shelter or whatever it is call in Moscow, right away.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
"Dad - (Kaylee's father) I don't wanna talk bad about them because these are some hard working individuals and I'm doomed without them. We're all doomed without them. This police is just a terrible idea. The fact that we're finding out that there's more than just my daughter and these children that have suffered. It's terrible to think that we can these guys. It's an absolute atrocity. That's not something that is.. it's not political, this is just facts guys. We can't allow these people to just run free."
The word you left out gives the context to this statement. He said:
This de-fund police is just a terrible idea. It's terrible to think that we can de-fund these guys.
ETA:
It appears that you probably didn't leave out that word, it's apparently a bad word somehow and gets instantly filtered out/deleted.

They also seemed to have cafe lights, fairy lights and neon signs glowing, at least in some common areas and in one of the 3rd floor bedrooms. As a parent, I know lots of young adults, especially young women, with fairy lights or colored mood lighting in their common areas and/or their bedrooms.
Yes, and the neon “Good Vibes” light was still glowing and could be seen in photos after the murder in media photos. I actually have the same sign. It was purchased from Target and is extremely bright! If that was illuminated the night of the killings, the killer had no problem seeing in that particular room. It’s very bright!

Taken from
Interview with Kaylee's dad.

26th November.

"Dad - (Kaylee's father) I don't wanna talk bad about them because these are some hard working individuals and I'm doomed without them. We're all doomed without them. This police is just a terrible idea. The fact that we're finding out that there's more than just my daughter and these children that have suffered. It's terrible to think that we can these guys. It's an absolute atrocity. That's not something that is.. it's not political, this is just facts guys. We can't allow these people to just run free."

"The fact that we're finding out that there's more than just my daughter and these children that have suffered."

"We can't allow these people to just run free."

What is he alluding to?

I'm just going to leave it at that without speculating so we can come back to it IF there are further related comments or developments.

He was talking about the ex-political movement to extinguish resources from the police and how he was against it, but it was sort of a convoluted type of insertion into the interviewer's questioning which makes me think that this poor father is so, so exhausted and can hardly think straight. I feel so bad for him.

My opinion.

I don't know if this would open (it opens as a pdf file for me). Most mechanism of self-wounding in knife attacks are listed here. Human body is not a steak, there are bones and tendons. It is hard not to harm oneself during such an assault. My hope is, he had to leave because he got hurt. I hope to type a synopsis of the article, but maybe, just maybe, someone will see/saw a man with injuries or bandaged hand? Not giving a good explanation for them?

P.S. while both hands can be hurt, what can be probably seen by the attack is handedness. Maybe the police should release that, too. JMO.
I think he left because the girls on the 3rd floor were his target, so he most likely killed them first. X & E were next maybe because the door was unlocked. I think the killer left because the dog started barking and X put up a fight. The survivors locked their doors and were not his main priority.

Who calls their dad at midnight? I always found that odd. My dad would be so mad!
Here’s a portion of a CNN transcript:

JEFFREY KERNODLE, XANA'S FATHER: I heard from her before we went out. I think midnight is the last time I heard from her and she was fine. They were just hanging out at home.

————————-

IIRC, he has also said Xana was in constant communication with the family, so unsure if this means her dad went out after midnight or if it means Xana called multiple times that day, including before he went out and while he was still out. For all we know, he might be a total night owl.

In several of the photos you can see packages of different alcohol pkgs. in the home, as well as bottles. Maybe they went home and continued to drink so they just weren't conscious when the attacks occurred. I am not judging it's just the reality of having too good of a time.

Not judging either; trying to understand who'd know they'd likely be asleep.

If someone sold them any "downers" at the party?. The girls were not plastered when they came home, not smashed when they were calling. It is possible that they tried something else as they were young students afterwards and just fell asleep fast and sound? JMO, we all had student kids.

If it happened - this person would know that they won't be awake.

Maybe given that ID has harder laws, or simply out of sheer fear, other students who were at the party are silent?

Again JMO. The killer needs to be found.

26th November.
Reporter - What are they telling you?

Dad - They're kinda just telling me that they can't tell me much. Which is frustrating to me because I've been very trustworthy. I do know things. I haven't shared things. We're the same family that found the original timeline. We're the same family that broke into the phones. We tried everything in our ability to try to get into this system because a court order is not the fastest thing. So, we broke in and we did what we did. We know that we have some family passwords that we all share. So, we broke in and we helped them. So it's hard for me to give up, as a father, my protective ability, to other men.
<sbm>

I think this statement by Kaylee’s dad is very telling in regard to his frustration. As parents, we want to protect our children. It’s instinct, it’s love. I can only imagine the rage I would feel against someone who killed one of my children. I can only imagine that my greatest desire would be to get my hands on them to inflict an amount of pain equal to, or greater than, what I would feel, and that’s possibly how her dad feels. If so, the impotence he must feel in not knowing who the person is unimaginable. And on top of that, he has to trust complete strangers to find out who hurt his little girl. Complete strangers who he may feel cannot have as much desire as he does to find the killer because they can’t love his little girl like he could.

So I started looking for the types of trauma that could have been potentially incurred by the assailant himself from “overstabbing”. I haven’t found the areas yet, but this article indicates that forces generated in such attacks might be significant. I wonder if a shoulder joint will take most impact? I think the police might determine handedness, and potentially if it was man, or woman.

This article is also interesting

What traumas to expect on the assailant

“The injuries occurring under these conditions are localized on the flexor side of the knife-holding hand and may include the index, middle, ring and little fingers. They are seen particularly often on the little finger at the level of the proximal phalanx and in the skin fold of the proximal interphalangeal joint. The majority of these cuts run transversely”

I also read about trigger finger from grabbing a knife. Maybe someone presented with such injuries at a doctor’s office, or was seen by acquaintances?

This, too. Sorry if it is too much. All kinds of traumas to assailants. Mostly, mechanisms of traumas related to cutting. My question, how would own shoulder/elbow feel after such a bloodbath because I think it is relevant, is not answered yet. Hope the guy cut himself.

I think much depends on the amount of stabbing and the ferocity per victim. Multiple wounds on each person could be total of six for three people and four more for the target or five for three people and nineteen for the target. Plus does the killer work or work out with his shoulders. I'm also wondering if the exhilaration following the successful crime plus watching the extensive media coverage would mask pain and injuries. It's not uncommon to read about soldiers in combat who are seriously injured but still manage to walk miles carrying a wounded friend.

Taken from

26th November.

"The fact that we're finding out that there's more than just my daughter and these children that have suffered."

"We can't allow these people to just run free."

What is he alluding to?

I'm just going to leave it at that without speculating so we can come back to it IF there are further related comments or developments.
I'm keeping my speculation to myself but I have thoughts...

sometimes cases like this requires old school gumshoe detective work. Door to door, house to house. I'm asking if there are any cameras. I'm asking if they saw something, heard something. I'm asking if they have anybody staying with them temporarily or if they were away for the weekend and left the house to somebody to watch over it while they're gone. I understand the thanksgiving break throws a wrench into this but i'm at least making contact with what looks like permanent residents that are in that area.

I'm not calling out the investigators but when they make an announcement that they are looking for footage within such and such streets it makes me wonder if they are going door to door, house to house.

Me personally, I would have done just that if there wasn't enough evidence at this point to find a suspect.

How did she know they were asleep while attacked? I think she could reasonable state that if the victim was lying in bed dead, but for example, if a victim was lying dead in a hallway, how could she determine that they had been asleep, were attacked, got up and then died in the hallway?
I would think that if their blood was found in their beds that would indicate that's where they were first attacked which would lead one to say "likely asleep". I would also think that they could determine who was stabbed first by the lack of any DNA mix from the others. Seems likely the last one stabbed would have the DNA from the other three in those wounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member