ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who calls their dad at midnight? I always found that odd. My dad would be so mad!
* We do not know if they called or texted or talked on social media
* We do not know if X contacted the dad first or dad contacted X first
* We do not know what time this contact started

We only know that per X-s father as quoted by a journalist (not LE):
“I heard from her I think before we went out,” Kernodle said. “I think midnight was the last time we heard from her and she was fine.” The murders rocked the small town of Moscow, Idaho, which hasn’t had a murder since 2015, according to state records. “I have no idea. It doesn’t make sense,” said Kernodle. He says Xana was in constant communication with her family and nothing about that night seemed unusual. (Link)

So per Xanas dad, they:
* communicated before he went out - no idea of the method (call/text), clearly he was awake etc
* there was nothing unusal - the contact was not caused by anything happening to her
* and that the last time he heard from her was "I think midnight" - the communication ended at a time that might have been somewhat close to midnight (but frankly might also be off by a large margin)

Jumping in before catching up, but …

Had that pointing photo referenced been taken closer to the crime (IIRC, it was taken in 11/25), I might think it significant.

Moo, I wonder how significant it would be at this point given our weather? We’ve had rain, flurries, & even a bit of snow since then.

Maybe substance traces have survived, but I personally can’t draw anything from the snow on the roof at this late point. JMHO

Does anyone have pics of the roof closer to the murders for comparison? I’d be very interested in a comparison!

Moo, but could they have been pointing to something like a broken branch?

Just spitballing!
ring and other camera video from the 11/12-11/13 time frame would show whether there was snow or not

I'm unsure still and struggle with the idea that the murderer might be a student friend/peer. A lot of these theories make sense but when I zoom out I remember that these were brutal murders. I dunno if an average college kid would do this and if they did I don't know if they could kill like this for their first time. That thought throws doubt on many plausible theories for me. It leads me to look for someone that has killed before. The person is disturbed and may be an acquaintance. I feel like it's not a student. Look at that murder scene and take it for face value. I like to zoom in and out of the whole picture so I don't lose site of anything obvious.
I agree. So the perp is likely someone who knows of them and most likely not a college goer. This points to ex’s, personal drug dealer, coworker, neighbors, or young local that they’ve been around.

I think much depends on the amount of stabbing and the ferocity per victim. Multiple wounds on each person could be total of six for three people and four more for the target or five for three people and nineteen for the target. Plus does the killer work or work out with his shoulders. I'm also wondering if the exhilaration following the successful crime plus watching the extensive media coverage would mask pain and injuries. It's not uncommon to read about soldiers in combat who are seriously injured but still manage to walk miles carrying a wounded friend.

Yes, because the release of endorphins and enkephalins as response to pain makes some people energized. These soldiers might be the first to recover, eventually, but the day after their heroic act they would feel exhaustion and pain. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy felt real pain the next day and asked for painkillers.

Surely not. If the murderer is of regular Caucasian/Western European ancestry, which i suspect he might be, and left DNA, he will be found! If he is of Eastern European, not a problem these days too.

More of an issue if he is Asian or South American. For Asia, WeGene is the largest database known to me. Don't know about South American.

Just wish that he cut himself. I wonder if it could have happened in E/X room, hence, he left/ran away after that?
It seems like investigators knowing the precise samples that should be collected, preserved, and analyzed would be critical IF the perpetrator did injure himself.

Does anyone have an inkling of when the next press conference will be?
None has been announced.

Moo, I wish officials would stick to regular official press conferences rather than interviews with media. As a resident of this community who actually pays their salaries, it’s beyond frustrating we hear things from them in interviews we have to hunt down rather than them holding regular pressers.

It would probably leave them more time to, you know, investigate. Moo, & end rant.

I know, I know... The dog again.
I thought about this extensively and had two points regarding dog etc.
1. If the dog was let in and slept in a kennel at night, it would explain much of the where/when/why.
2. I reviewed police logs and found calls made regarding the location of an animal transported to local animal shelter.
"22-M09911 Suspicious Person/Circumstance

Incident Address: 2000 blk WHITE AVE

MOSCOW ID 83843

Disposition: ACT

Time Reported: 17:30

Cad Comments:

Request assistance locating dog that was dropped off at shelter.

Officer responded. Computer report."

Moscow Police Log 11-13-22
the weirdest thing about the dog to me, if it was preent, is that the killer left it alive; killer killed 4 humans no problem... but killer likes cute little dogs? IMO

* We do not know if they called or texted or talked on social media
* We do not know if X contacted the dad first or dad contacted X first
* We do not know what time this contact started

We only know that per X-s father as quoted by a journalist (not LE):
“I heard from her I think before we went out,” Kernodle said. “I think midnight was the last time we heard from her and she was fine.” The murders rocked the small town of Moscow, Idaho, which hasn’t had a murder since 2015, according to state records. “I have no idea. It doesn’t make sense,” said Kernodle. He says Xana was in constant communication with her family and nothing about that night seemed unusual. (Link)

So per Xanas dad, they:
* communicated before he went out - no idea of the method (call/text), clearly he was awake etc
* there was nothing unusal - the contact was not caused by anything happening to her
* and that the last time he heard from her was "I think midnight" - the communication ended at a time that might have been somewhat close to midnight (but frankly might also be off by a large margin)
So dad was going out around midnight?

sometimes cases like this requires old school gumshoe detective work. Door to door, house to house. I'm asking if there are any cameras. I'm asking if they saw something, heard something. I'm asking if they have anybody staying with them temporarily or if they were away for the weekend and left the house to somebody to watch over it while they're gone. I understand the thanksgiving break throws a wrench into this but i'm at least making contact with what looks like permanent residents that are in that area.

I'm not calling out the investigators but when they make an announcement that they are looking for footage within such and such streets it makes me wonder if they are going door to door, house to house.

Me personally, I would have done just that if there wasn't enough evidence at this point to find a suspect.
I'd like to know if LE uses a tactic with media outlets interviewing potential suspects because they don't have enough on them to bring them in for questioning.

If Murphy was in the house throughout the attacks, then I wonder if he was there throughout the evening. We know K and M were away from roughly 10 pm until just before 2 am (at a downtown bar and then food truck) and that E and X were away from 9 pm until 1:45 am for the sorority and Sigma Chi parties (although don’t have confirmation either or both were away all of that time) and we know the surviving roommates were out and returned around 1 am.

So, was Murphy locked inside alone from at least 10 pm until at least 1 am? Typically, if all members of my family aren’t in bed, my dogs remain awake and need to take outside potty breaks in the late evening. Did the residents leave the second floor sliding door propped open so Murphy would have access to outside? I wonder if adjacent neighbors noticed that being done that night or other nights if that was a common practice.
They never fully answer this and I think it matters. They say “at the house” but that could mean several things (inside, yard, parking lot). The way I see things is:

If the dog was found outside on the night of the murders (which is actually how law enforcement phrases it). That means the perp likely let the dog out early while the house was empty so there would be no interference. Also it would explain the ex boyfriend calls.

If it was found in the house when the police arrived from the 911 call then this would make the reason for the k and m ex call a Possible mystery.

There are more scenarios, but in my opinion the dog issue has not been answered clearly.

<sbm>

I think this statement by Kaylee’s dad is very telling in regard to his frustration. As parents, we want to protect our children. It’s instinct, it’s love. I can only imagine the rage I would feel against someone who killed one of my children. I can only imagine that my greatest desire would be to get my hands on them to inflict an amount of pain equal to, or greater than, what I would feel, and that’s possibly how her dad feels. If so, the impotence he must feel in not knowing who the person is unimaginable. And on top of that, he has to trust complete strangers to find out who hurt his little girl. Complete strangers who he may feel cannot have as much desire as he does to find the killer because they can’t love his little girl like he could.
Complete strangers who might Be the killer(s)!

I think it’s as simple as there being two victims who were in one room, one was stabbed in bed and died there, the other tried to get away and was stabbed while on the floor, trying to get away.

JMHO
Yes, could be. I’m just wondering if there was any way for them to tell if someone heard some thing and there was some sort of confrontation which led to the other two deaths as opposed to that the killer had it in his mind to get all four of them. Maybe two of them were a surprise to him. I don’t know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faefawn