ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the weirdest thing about the dog to me, if it was preent, is that the killer left it alive; killer killed 4 humans no problem... but killer likes cute little dogs? IMO
I can only imagine a dog would not be as easy of a target as a sleeping human. Dogs are really fast and in general can sense danger. I can’t imagine the perp chasing the dog around with a knife for any length of time, whether the dog was running around in fear or thinking it was playing a game of chase (which would be what my dog would be thinking).

If the dog was significant in any way, LE wouldn’t have turned him over to the dog shelter or whatever it is call in Moscow, right away.
<modsnip>
I used to work for a County with an animal shelter. Dogs that are "evidence" in cases are kept at the animal shelter in a special room. The sad part is that it can takes YEARS for cases to go to court and the dogs had to be held in protective custody for that full length of time.

Thanks for that clarification! I was struggling to understand.
Clarification is 100% wrong. I was referring to two specific sentences that could be taken many ways. He was rambling and I think he inadvertently gave us some information we didn't previously have but it is too soon to comment on what it likely means. We need to see how the case develops.

That’s why MOO it’s someone in the community, who wouldn’t be driving past anywhere with videos showing the cars going through town

Perhaps. But if he lives in the city, he probably didn't show up the next day. It is almost unsafe, people would notice everything.

Kaylee Goncalves' father speaks out on the Idaho student murders investigation​

Kaylee Goncalves' father, Steve Goncalves, shared his thoughts on the investigation and the hunt for the killer on 'Lawrence Jones Cross Country.'
Kaylee Goncalves' father speaks out on the Idaho student murders investigation | Fox News Video
What a kind smart man. When asked if he could expand on timeline or share any details that he might have that he could share - he Segued into PIs reaching out to him- “even today” (26th) and shared with him info- he asked LE if he could share that info with Fox News Lawrence Jones- hard no. But then he expressed the importance of sharing any digital data to tip line…using a very VERY specific EXAMPLE/scenario pertaining to hey if you’re “underage drinking don’t be afraid to send the data to LE. They’re not interested in ruining your future…it’s data - Send any “selfies” - even if you think it doesn’t matter - it might - maybe the “there’s a tree in the background maybe that is the key. It could’ve been someone’s alibi - I parked my car here - but Based on tip selfies there is no car.
Reading between the lines- seems like a specific can’t confirm or deny I did or didn’t do what LE said not to do -

Last edited:
Just random observations since we don't know anything new and are just rehashing:
-deep diving on the girls socials, it seems that Xana lived in the house the longest. She has roommate pics from 2020 with her and 5 others at that house. She and Maddie appeared to be close for a couple of years, before living together. Were they in the same pledge class?
-Maddie seems to be the most exposed on social media, because she modeled for a boutique in town - there are tons of pictures of Maddie that any random creeper in the area would have come across on their social media.
-Xana is tagged in many Sigma Chi pics - pics that don't include E or her. I partied in college but didn't go to a school with a big Greek presence. Would a sorority member be assigned to or connected with a fraternity as a liaison of some sort? Some of the pics are only guys, all the guys and just Xana tagged. Just wondering if this is odd or insignificant. It at least suggests to me that X was closely connected with the fraternity as a whole, even before E came to school.

All JMO and straw grasping

so sorry, I haven't been on for a while but I can't help but wonder.....the perp has to have some type of wounds as the news tells us these poor kids fought back. Additionally, as forensics would tell us....acting out of sorts, weird, paranoid. How is it possible no one close to this psycho hasn't noticed these types of tell tale behavioral signs?

Just a question for everyone, I am not certain that it makes any difference to us “Sleuthers “ whether the victims were awake, asleep in their beds or other.
All we know is that they were all murdered with a knife. Since LE has not released much info on the specifics of the murders; By that I mean unless we know the how messy with (pardon) blood the beds, rooms, clothing was, number of stab wounds each etc. I don’t understand what difference it makes if they were or were not sleeping or found in or out of bed?
(JMO)
IMO there’s nothing wrong with wanting to know certain things and speculating. Let’s be honest. We’re not going to be the ones to solve the crime, so what else are we going to do here except talk about it? And I bet it is important to LE if they were sleeping or not, or found in beds or not.

Agreed, I could call my Dad any hour of the day or night, but never would call him at midnight unless is was an emergency, makes me wonder. Maybe she was so intoxicated she hit the wrong call number?
This contact has not been confirmed by LE and we only know about it via a journalist reporting X-s dads words.
We don't know if X contacted dad or dad contacted X.
We don't know if it was a call or texting or talking on social media.
We don't know what time this contact started, but only that the last he heard from her might have been around midnight.
We also know that the dad said that nothing about that night seemed unusal. (Link)

I have also stated all this 2-4 times in this (and maybe also previous) thread before.

For any new members of WS (welcome!), here is a gentle reminder of the rules regarding social media. This thread has been locked in the past due to repeated violations of these rules, so let's work together to keep the thread open!

I’ve never been stabbed with a knife, but I have received puncture wounds that have left huge bruises. I would think that stabbing would cause bruises also. We won’t know if they fought back until everything comes out I guess.
OK I have never stabbed somone either, but if you are stabbing with one hand, wouldn't you be grabbing with the other? I imagine the grab would leave bruises unless this killer is the gentlest killer ever. IMO

I just watched. I don't know who he's alluding to, but honestly, I think it's so irresponsible of the media to exploit the frustrations of grieving parents. They (the parents) are also victims here and they're clearly struggling. In that struggle, they very well could compromise the investigation. Case in point, in this interview, Kaylee's dad talks about how they (the family) broke into the phones (assuming he means Kaylee's phone? or maybe Kaylee and Maddie's?). First of all, that isn't something you want the killer to know. Second, what if they broke into it and inadvertently compromised evidence? What if when it goes to trial, the defense claims evidence was planted by the people who broke into the phone?

I don't know, I tend not to blame the media for a lot because I think people are quick to blame them for all the evil in the world when all they do is report on it. And I get that it's a business. But I think they're being sooooo irresponsible here giving the families a megaphone to say anything they want.
The context of he gave either officials or the PI access to his Family Plan puts this in a different light for me.

I also think they probably have a suspect or suspects in mind.

The police said in their 11/25 post:
"At this time, there are no named suspects, no arrests and no weapon has been found." BBM

Is it normal for them to say "no named suspects"? Or would it be more usual for them to say "At this time, there are no suspects"? If the latter, would the implication be that they have a suspect or suspects, but have not named them? Thanks!

MOO

How about a suspect that they don’t have a name for yet? On video, mentioned in texts but not by name, supplying blood drops that do not belong to the victims. (That could probably give a name eventually, but it would probably not be fast.)

So, maybe UnSub? Isn’t that what that means?

MOO

This contact has not been confirmed by LE and we only know about it via a journalist reporting X-s dads words.
We don't know if X contacted dad or dad contacted X.
We don't know if it was a call or texting or talking on social media.
We don't know what time this contact started, but only that the last he heard from her might have been around midnight.
We also know that the dad said that nothing about that night seemed unusal. (Link)

I have also stated all this 2-4 times in this (and maybe also previous) thread before.
Ah, Okay then.

so sorry, I haven't been on for a while but I can't help but wonder.....the perp has to have some type of wounds as the news tells us these poor kids fought back. Additionally, as forensics would tell us....acting out of sorts, weird, paranoid. How is it possible no one close to this psycho hasn't noticed these types of tell tale behavioral signs?
It could be that the killer(s) suffered no wounds. It's also possible that a single killer lives alone. It's also possible that the killer(s) are 3 states away right now, so anything unusual wouldn't likely be associated with this crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper