ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They never fully answer this and I think it matters. They say “at the house” but that could mean several things (inside, yard, parking lot). The way I see things is:

If the dog was found outside on the night of the murders (which is actually how law enforcement phrases it). That means the perp likely let the dog out early while the house was empty so there would be no interference. Also it would explain the ex boyfriend calls.

If it was found in the house when the police arrived from the 911 call then this would make the reason for the k and m ex call a Possible mystery.

There are more scenarios, but in my opinion the dog issue has not been answered clearly.
Totally agree! And if Kaylee and Maddie got home and realized the dog wasn’t home, maybe that’s why they were calling J?

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO there’s nothing wrong with wanting to know certain things and speculating. Let’s be honest. We’re not going to be the ones to solve the crime, so what else are we going to do here except talk about it? And I bet it is important to LE if they were sleeping or not, or found in beds or not.
As in;
Suspect: Officer I confess I killed those students.
Officer: Oh really?
Suspect: Yes, they were all sound asleep and I snuck in and killed them in their beds with a sword.
Officer: Next!

Not to make light of this, but holding back info not only trips up the killer but also helps to weed out the false confessors. And big public cases bring them out of the woodwork.

Does anyone know if an ambulance arrived after the 911 call?

Any sirens coming to the house?

Since it seems from that interview that Kaylee‘s dad was inferring that maybe someone‘s alibi gave a detail that actually wasn’t there, it made me think that it was even smarter, not just because you catch your victims by surprise, for the killer to do it that time of night. You would say that everyone is asleep at that time so if you’re trying to make an alibi, how do you prove that you were in your bed asleep? I mean if you wake up and can’t sleep, you can go online and then there will be some digital footprint, but otherwise, if you really are sleeping, how do you prove it? And that also to me then made me think how do you prove with your phone where you were. I don’t know if it’s because it’s such a small town that maybe the cell phone towers or the networks out there aren’t as prevalent so it’s harder? I don’t know. And maybe the killer was really smart as hell and left his phone at home anyway.

That then makes me also think that if the killer lived across the street in the apartment complex, maybe it would leave the same digital footprint since it’s literally a few yards away. My point is I’m not sure how they can use the digital footprints in this particular situation. I hope they really help.
Someone says they were at home asleep but their car or bike wasn’t parked where it should be, coat wasn’t hanging on the hook, etc.

It depends on the family.

* We do not know if they called or texted or talked on social media
* We do not know if X contacted the dad first or dad contacted X first
* We do not know what time this contact started

We only know that per X-s father as quoted by a journalist (not LE):
“I heard from her I think before we went out,” Kernodle said. “I think midnight was the last time we heard from her and she was fine.” The murders rocked the small town of Moscow, Idaho, which hasn’t had a murder since 2015, according to state records. “I have no idea. It doesn’t make sense,” said Kernodle. He says Xana was in constant communication with her family and nothing about that night seemed unusual. (Link)

So per Xanas dad, they:
* communicated before he went out - no idea of the method (call/text), clearly he was awake etc
* there was nothing unusal - the contact was not caused by anything happening to her
* and that the last time he heard from her was "I think midnight" - the communication ended at a time that might have been somewhat close to midnight (but frankly might also be off by a large margin)
his midnight is 11 pm for her because they are in different time zones FWIW

It's on Khq.com Here's the photo I think you are referring to. The camera is right there between LE and the girl with long hair. Is it possible that the house with the camera on the left is this house that is perpendicular to the King Street house in the second photo.
A516CFFC-E775-4E41-824E-C53CABB2C54B.jpeg
Im pretty sure it’s this house.

Clarification is 100% wrong. I was referring to two specific sentences that could be taken many ways. He was rambling and I think he inadvertently gave us some information we didn't previously have but it is too soon to comment on what it likely means. We need to see how the case develops.
I understand your point (don’t necessarily agree/disagree), but I’m ~still~ grateful for the clarification because I’d read the transcription, which puzzled me with the banned word absent. Listening to the interview which contains the banned word clarified what he actually said/was talking about. I previously had no idea the wonderful transcriptions might have certain words invisibly stripped, so I’m glad to have learned.

JMHO & YMMV
Kaylee Goncalves' father speaks out on the Idaho student murders investigation | Fox News Video

Just random observations since we don't know anything new and are just rehashing:
-deep diving on the girls socials, it seems that Xana lived in the house the longest. She has roommate pics from 2020 with her and 5 others at that house. She and Maddie appeared to be close for a couple of years, before living together. Were they in the same pledge class?
-Maddie seems to be the most exposed on social media, because she modeled for a boutique in town - there are tons of pictures of Maddie that any random creeper in the area would have come across on their social media.
-Xana is tagged in many Sigma Chi pics - pics that don't include E or her. I partied in college but didn't go to a school with a big Greek presence. Would a sorority member be assigned to or connected with a fraternity as a liaison of some sort? Some of the pics are only guys, all the guys and just Xana tagged. Just wondering if this is odd or insignificant. It at least suggests to me that X was closely connected with the fraternity as a whole, even before E came to school.

All JMO and straw grasping
Yes. Many Frats have little sisters from an associated (loosly) Sorority.

Or...just as importantly... Murphy liked HIM. I wish we knew where the dog was when things were happening. Possibly on the first floor with the two surviving roommates? I'm thinking that even if the dog and the killer knew/liked each other, I can't see that the dog, or any dog, would be standing by quietly when something so brutal as the stabbings was happening. Whether Murphy would have barked, or jumped around trying to join in what he (the dog) may have interpreted as "play", or just wandered around following the killer between floors--- I don't think that he was loose. The killer may have given him something to keep him quiet, but wouldn't that have added one more thing that he would have had to think about beforehand? A local news account described Murphy as "traumatized" but maybe just from the number of people running around his house when LE came. MOO
All the killer would have needed to do was put him in a bathroom or closet or something.

Does anyone know if an ambulance arrived after the 911 call?

Any sirens coming to the house?
I don’t know if there were sirens but there were emergency vehicles but they didn’t end up going in.

“Brian Nickerson, the fire chief of the Moscow Volunteer Fire and EMS Department, said police were the first to arrive at the home. The first responders from the fire and EMS department didn't go inside or transport anyone from the scene, Nickerson said.”

The barstools placed to block the sliding door are a HUGE piece of the puzzle. This means they were actively in fear and trying to keep someone out, OR was it standard practice for some other reason?

Subjectively, I am thinking the placement of the bar stools was for another reason.

Evidently, the investigation has not uncovered any evidence that the victims feared either a specific, nor a general threat. Thus, I dont think they were placed there out of fear.

Rather.... my guess is that they were placed there out of a desire for peace and quiet during "after hours". The house appears to have been pretty open and had multiple resident who seemed to be socially active.

When applied to college housing, this could mean a steady stream of friends, friends of friends, and "Know you from party "P"- hey, got a light?" and "Car wont start, resident "R" said I could crash on the coach" type aquantiances coming by at all hours to talk, drink, study, borrow things, resolve an "emergency" etc.

Thus, bar stools blocking the sliding glass doors could have been their way of saying: "No more of anything after 0200- well, at least not usually."

View attachment 383042
Im pretty sure it’s this house.
I think we are referring to the same house. In the photo I posted, it was taken from the other side of the house. So, the orientation would be that the King Street House os behind it on the right where you can see the second story balcony in this photo. In the photo I posted, it was taken from the parking lot of the Kings Street house with this house perpendicular to it.

I think we are referring to the same house. In the photo I posted, it was taken from the other side of the house. So, the orientation would be that the King Street House os behind it on the right where you can see the second story balcony in this photo. In the photo I posted, it was taken from the parking lot of the Kings Street house with this house perpendicular to it.
There's no camera on this side of the house. The camera is on the other side that would face the King Street house.

my opinion on who the possible murderer is, probably won’t be a common one. Who can you think of besides K who loves the dog? My thoughts are he left his phone at his residence and he sent those calls to himself, to make it look like the girls tried calling him, after he killed them both. His alibi is he was asleep at his place and his phone was on silent. I don’t want to go into all the reasons why I think him, but he would have motif. Ex girlfriend about to move on, start a new life, meet men, go on dates Etc. The dog didn’t go crazy because the dog knew it was his other owner. X and E were collateral so they had to go too. Will explain more after a sleep.
Yes the Sherlock Holmes "dog that didn't bark" episode comes to mind.

I don't remember the exact details but i think the dog owned by OJ and Nichole Simpson was the only "witness" to that horrible knife murder.

Residential Exterior Specs

Just thought this might help answer or assist in fellow sleuths theories about perp climbing balconies, jumping off retainer walls or leaping from trees to roof- In another thread there was guesstimating going in pertaining to such-
So to make it relative - using scale ruler each vinyl clapboard - not each sheet - just each clapboard is 4.5 (could be as much as 5 but most likely 4.5) inches thick (or tall) - making the ground level front door a standard 6’8.
Additionally code for balcony (providing land lord is up to code) is 42 to railing-
Back is 49 +\-

This is an estimate - but fairly accurate

Attachments

• 7BF08D31-0329-4C62-8875-4FCE74D735CF.jpeg
    7BF08D31-0329-4C62-8875-4FCE74D735CF.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 1BDE1C52-8BE7-4663-B703-41B2237C9141.jpeg
    1BDE1C52-8BE7-4663-B703-41B2237C9141.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
how did this perp see while inside the home between 3-6AM if everyone was asleep? Probably not a lot of light, if any, eh? So, was he wearing night vision specs?
That's a good question, and I was just imaging me moving around my home in the pitch black. Even thought I've lived here a long time, without any light, I'd still be bumping into things.

How did the perp see the stairs and the door knobs so easily? Did he have a flashlight or night vision specs, as you said?

It did he turn the lights on? Some of them?

When he went into the bedrooms, did he turn the lights on so he could see where to precisely stab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper