ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
sometimes cases like this requires old school gumshoe detective work. Door to door, house to house. I'm asking if there are any cameras. I'm asking if they saw something, heard something. I'm asking if they have anybody staying with them temporarily or if they were away for the weekend and left the house to somebody to watch over it while they're gone. I understand the thanksgiving break throws a wrench into this but i'm at least making contact with what looks like permanent residents that are in that area.

I'm not calling out the investigators but when they make an announcement that they are looking for footage within such as such streets it makes me wonder if they are going door to door, house to house.

Me personally, I would have done just that if there wasn't enough evidence at this point to find a suspect.

I wonder if they drove out of town afterwards. If they did, what road would they take, East or West? Or South? They know they don't have much time, but I'd drive away to get cleaned and because it is early morning. By the time everyone wakes up he/ they'll be far.

I would think that if their blood was found in their beds that would indicate that's where they were first attacked which would lead one to say "likely asleep". I would also think that they could determine who was stabbed first by the lack of any DNA mix from the others. Seems likely the last one stabbed would have the DNA from the other three in those wound
Thanks this makes sense

Exactly. For some reason it is filtered out. Everywhere. I sent someone a message saying that investing into police education is much better than that, the word got filtered out. My phrase stating that I didn't like this slogan turned into the statement I didn't like the police. The person predictably got upset.
How about unfund? Reduce fund? There are work arounds. !

eta: amazing, had to try it out, there is a triple use of the word before the exclamation point above that is just invisible!

Snipped

This comes as Gov. Brad Little directed up to $1 million in state emergency funds toward the investigation headed by four detectives, 24 patrol officers, and 22 FBI investigators.

Good post @Zinn
I feel as though this was cold & calculated. When I was in college, my BF lived with me even though my name was on the lease in my off-campus apartment. My roommate also had her BF stay there frequently as well. I think E probably stayed most nights with X.

If the killer’s not a stranger, he would know E was mostly there at night. I think the killer knew he had to wait until everyone in the house was sound asleep in order to carry out this attack especially with a strong male to deal with.

The lack of blood trail anywhere outside the scene is really something. That doesn’t say spur-of-the-moment rage to me, but planned and precautionary aka premeditated.

Question: Does University of Idaho have a traditional rival college in sports?

Yes, against Boise State (BSU).

But that still wouldn't prove that they were asleep, only that they were in bed with covers on. MOO
Just a question for everyone, I am not certain that it makes any difference to us “Sleuthers “ whether the victims were awake, asleep in their beds or other.
All we know is that they were all murdered with a knife. Since LE has not released much info on the specifics of the murders; By that I mean unless we know the how messy with (pardon) blood the beds, rooms, clothing was, number of stab wounds each etc. I don’t understand what difference it makes if they were or were not sleeping or found in or out of bed?
(JMO)

Snipped

This comes as Gov. Brad Little directed up to $1 million in state emergency funds toward the investigation headed by four detectives, 24 patrol officers, and 22 FBI investigators.

Maybe the killer after killing K and M picked up their phones to call the ex boyfriend.

Taken from
Interview with Kaylee's dad.

26th November.

"Dad - (Kaylee's father) I don't wanna talk bad about them because these are some hard working individuals and I'm doomed without them. We're all doomed without them. This police is just a terrible idea. The fact that we're finding out that there's more than just my daughter and these children that have suffered. It's terrible to think that we can these guys. It's an absolute atrocity. That's not something that is.. it's not political, this is just facts guys. We can't allow these people to just run free."

"The fact that we're finding out that there's more than just my daughter and these children that have suffered."

"We can't allow these people to just run free."

What is he alluding to?

I'm just going to leave it at that without speculating so we can come back to it IF there are further related comments or developments.

I just watched. I don't know who he's alluding to, but honestly, I think it's so irresponsible of the media to exploit the frustrations of grieving parents. They (the parents) are also victims here and they're clearly struggling. In that struggle, they very well could compromise the investigation. Case in point, in this interview, Kaylee's dad talks about how they (the family) broke into the phones (assuming he means Kaylee's phone? or maybe Kaylee and Maddie's?). First of all, that isn't something you want the killer to know. Second, what if they broke into it and inadvertently compromised evidence? What if when it goes to trial, the defense claims evidence was planted by the people who broke into the phone?

I don't know, I tend not to blame the media for a lot because I think people are quick to blame them for all the evil in the world when all they do is report on it. And I get that it's a business. But I think they're being sooooo irresponsible here giving the families a megaphone to say anything they want.

Does anyone believe this could be tied to the very dated Lewis Clark Valley serial killer(s)? These killings happened along the highway between Moscow and Lewiston, and in Lewiston. These cases happened in the late 1970s and early 1980s, so presumably the killer would be fairly old by this point in time, if they are still alive.

I wonder if they drove out of town afterwards. If they did, what road would they take, East or West? Or South? They know they don't have much time, but I'd drive away to get cleaned and because it is early morning. By the time everyone wakes up he/ they'll be far.
That’s why MOO it’s someone in the community, who wouldn’t be driving past anywhere with videos showing the cars going through town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper