Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a theory :

This is 2022 , Most college kids do not communicate by placing phone calls. THEY USE TEXT...so
When the 2 girls were placing multiple calls to the exbf at 230am where they actually doing so under duress from being held by knifeppoint/gunpoint by the killer(s) Could the killer have tried too setup/frame or just kill the ex too out of some sort of twisted jelousy rage?(how far did ex live from scene?)

Were any text messages sent from the girls phone too the EX's phone at the same time they were calling him? IF yes, what did they say ?"come over!" "see you tomorrow at class" Has LE let friends familiar with the 2 girls read the last texts sent as they might be able to detect a difference in how the girls usually expressed themselves while texting .Need to look at all angles of this mystery

Also I would hope they are investigating everyone that missed class that next monday morning as the crimes were committed on the previous early sunday morning if I remember correctly .
My three kids (all college age) call and facetime all the time (my daughter is right this second facetiming her friend in another state). K's sister has stated this was 100% normal behavior for her.

If Kaylee had left the house and returned only briefly then, if she was the target, then her presence might have been a trigger.
Exactly, I feel this was very personal, maybe one last chance to settle a score. Coupled with comments from parents about jealousy and the perp attending a vigil, I just get the sense that this is way closer to home than we know.

From King Road Homicides | Moscow, ID

"At this time, there are no named suspects,"...

Perfect wording. These guys are actually doing a great job, imo. Taking the information in, tightening up timelines, removing anything in question or unknown or found to have maybe differing answers, keeping a lid on the things that could make or break an arrest or case.

If they have enough ducks and can get the ducks in the row in the right order, we will not know who any suspect is until that person or persons do/does something to point in their direction, or the suspect is arrested. This is as it should be and not a bad sign yet. JMO.

A few people have asked if any Maintenance has been carried out on the house, It would be impossible to know right? But the ladder leaning against the house could mean there has been? How long ago another who knows? I'm a super tidy yard person and put things away after i use it. Also I don't know any 20 year old university students house sharing that would own a ladder and houses don't really come with ladders when you rent them.

It just picked up my interest when i seen a photo of the officers flying a drone next to the ladder. Maybe they brought the ladder with them :rolleyes:

Nothing else to add. I just wanted to say I've been enjoying everyone's posts.

Photo source

Attachments

• 63783727ebd24.image.jpg
    63783727ebd24.image.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 50
The video has been posted here. I heard that too, but I was scratching my head. If one of the roommates wanted to move to room 3, was Xana stuck with the smaller bedroom?

View attachment 383115
According to the Johnny Law video, Xana was already living on the second floor. There was an available room also on the second floor unoccupied that D moved into. D was previously on the first floor in a smaller room under X room. Social media posts confirm D had moved to an available room on the second floor according to Johnny Law on YouTube

Quadruple homicide on Sunday and you think they should investigate everyone who missed class the following day? ‍♀️
Most definitely. Im sure many students did no go to class on tuesday (monday classes were canceled) but I would be willing to bet if the killer attended the school he did not go to class on tuesday or the rest of the week.Yes many srudents did not go to class but cross reference the names of the ones who did not attend class with the list of possible suspets. Same things with any employees that worked at establishments,stores,clubs they frequented. Pull all Cam footage from places they used credit cards in days up to the murders.

The video has been posted here. I heard that too, but I was scratching my head. If one of the roommates wanted to move to room 3, was Xana stuck with the smaller bedroom?

View attachment 383115
According to the Johnny Law video, Xana was already living on the second floor. There was an available room also on the second floor unoccupied that D moved into. D was previously on the first floor in a smaller room under X room. Social media posts confirm D had moved to an available room on the second floor according to Johnny Law on YouTube

Curious why nobody has questioned why we have three pairs of two who went separate ways that fatal night. What preceded their plans? Maybe this was normal but from social media they seemed to stick together. Any thoughts as to why this has not been focal point of the investigation? It could just be happen stance or it could suggest more.
It was not 3 sets of 2. 1st floor roommates went out separate from each other. 2nd floor X&E were a couple and underage. 3rd floor K&M were best friends since middle school and were both 21.

5 girls can live together and be close friends but still have different plans at night. The girls weren't all in the same sorority. E had siblings on campus. They all had different plans which totally matches the dynamics of the situation.

I've seen so many posts questioning why the surviving roommates did or didn't do xyz, some implying that they may be suspects themselves. I was very unfortunate to witness a tragedy and have someone die in front of me - granted I was 12, but what I can tell you about that experience is that I instantly went into shock. I couldn't remember 911, it eluded me as I stood with the phone in hand. The only number I could recall (obviously this was before cellphones but again in shock, who can say they'd be able to properly operate one) was the number of our good friend down the street. The number that was beat into us as kids, the number that everyone knows, and I couldn't for the life of me remember what it was. I have and will kick myself for not recalling the number for the rest of my life, HOWEVER, I have to remind myself as I would remind the rest of us, that these girls were not behaving in a way we might consider to be 'normal' because they were facing a completely abnormal situation. You have no idea how you might react if faced with something horrific - this is all of course assuming that they saw something. I know the Daily Mail isn't exactly considered to be the purest source of SM, but I read an article in the very beginning of this all that Ethan was found in the hallway, something that has resonated with me as we have heard that perhaps not ALL the victims were FOUND in their beds, just that they were all sleeping and stabbed in them. Some of the victims had defensive wounds, which would suggest that they were able to move/attempt to fight back, so I can see someone staggering out of their room attempting to get help and passing in the hallway: "One of the victims – understood to be 20-year-old Ethan Chapin, of Conway, Washington – was discovered on the floor on the second level of the three-story home.". This would explain the surviving girls perhaps not calling 911 right away, they were terrified and in shock and unable to get help for their friends, who they likely did not know were tragically already beyond help.

A few people have asked if any Maintenance has been carried out on the house, It would be impossible to know right? But the ladder leaning against the house could mean there has been? How long ago another who knows? I'm a super tidy yard person and put things away after i use it. Also I don't know any 20 year old university students house sharing that would own a ladder and houses don't really come with ladders when you rent them.

It just picked up my interest when i seen a photo of the officers flying a drone next to the ladder. Maybe they brought the ladder with them :rolleyes:

Nothing else to add. I just wanted to say I've been enjoying everyone's posts.

Photo source
This actually triggered me to think maybe they used the ladder and the drone to search for the weapon? I’m sure they used the drone for a lot of things, as they are super pieces of equipment to use in LE, but like, how random would it be if the perp just threw the murder weapon on the roof as he walks nonchalantly our the door after brutally murdering 4 people?

P.s Not saying that’s what happened as LE has not confirmed the murder weapon to be found, but just another one of my random brain jogs!

Last edited:
It seems like most posters here think the killer is not a student. I’m curious why you think that. Care to explain?

I believe they think that a student would be too young and inexperienced to commit such a horrendous crime.

Personally, I’m open minded to the idea of student, non-student, or older guy.

This is perplexing. How could someone not hear what was going on on the second floor? Has someone confirmed that a roommate from the first floor actually really did move to the second level? Does that mean a new person moved in to an apartment on first floor level?

Most definitely. Im sure many students did no go to class on tuesday (monday classes were canceled) but I would be willing to bet if the killer attended the school he did not go to class on tuesday or the rest of the week.Yes many srudents did not go to class but cross reference the names of the ones who did not attend class with the list of possible suspets. Same things with any employees that worked at establishments,stores,clubs they frequented. Pull all Cam footage from places they used credit cards in days up to the murders.
You think if the killer was a student that they didn't go to class like the majority of the student body. That doesn't narrow anything down at all. Killers often insert themselves in things afterwards so it's just as likely that they would go to class to hear what others are speculating.

This is perplexing. How could someone not hear what was going on on the second floor? Has someone confirmed that a roommate from the first floor actually really did move to the second level? Does that mean a new person moved in to an apartment on first floor level?
No, it simply means one roommate wanted a bigger room and the room she left was unoccupied. There is no mention of anyone else moving in IMO.

He did not say D moved into that room. He said her room on the 1st floor was smaller so it would make sense to move to a larger room on the 2nd floor.

She obviously didn't move. Maybe she liked her bedroom being on a separate floor from where the common gathering area was. LE said the 2 roommates that lived downstairs survived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop