ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. In this area, most student ~houses~ are not rented out by the room. It’s different for some apartments where a bedroom may be physically locked off for a slight rent reduction, but that’s not typical for rental houses here AFAIK. Each tenant is jointly & severally liable, so the owner isn’t left on the financial hook if one or more tenants flake. Moo. We had a couple of rental houses here for several years.
There was confirmation of some type on here that Xana had the lease on the house. Perhaps someone can help me find that post or link?

No. In this area, most student ~houses~ are not rented out by the room. It’s different for some apartments where a bedroom may be physically locked off for a slight rent reduction, but that’s not typical for rental houses here AFAIK. Each tenant is jointly & severally liable, so the owner isn’t left on the financial hook if one or more tenants flake. Moo. We had a couple of rental houses here for several years.
I agree. I don’t find it odd there was an additional bedroom open. The girls may have been fine with paying additional rent if they didn’t have any other friends in mind to move in. I would totally pay more for rent over letting a stranger move in. The girls all seemed to know each other and get along well and may not have wanted to take on the risk of another roommate.

I agree. I don’t find it odd there was an additional bedroom open. The girls may have been fine with paying additional rent if they didn’t have any other friends in mind to move in. I would totally pay more for rent over letting a stranger move in. The girls all seemed to know each other and get along well and may not have wanted to take on the risk of another roommate.
Perhaps too…waiting for new semester for a potential new roomie(s)?

At the December 10th graduation ceremony, I assume that K will be awarded a posthumous degree, since it appears that she has completed all or most of her coursework. I wonder if M will also receive a posthumous degree, if she is eligible. I think E and X may not have completed enough credits to be eligible for a posthumous degree, and probably not the surviving roommates either.

The University of Idaho's policy on the awarding of posthumous degrees to undergraduate students is that the deceased student must have completed all but 30 credit hours of the required coursework for his/her degree. So I think for sure that K will receive a posthumous degree.

It will be a very poignant moment at the graduation ceremony on December 10th, if this is the case. Especially if both K and M are awarded posthumous degrees at the same time, which I hope is the case, as the two were like sisters apparently, and inseperable in life. So it seems fitting.

Here is the U of Idaho's policy on the awarding of posthumous degrees -

Or perhaps they were planning on renting the room in January for the new semester.

I'm thinking about what police said about asking for any videos/photos because what ISN'T in them could be important. I'm trying to wrack my brain--what is an example of something being absent that could be significant? the only thing i'm thinking is if someone who would normally be at work, for example, wasn't seen in a certain space like in the background or something. A car could also apply to this.

I agree. The other floor plans we have seen may have been taken from the permits they got when they updated the house a few years ago judging by the notes on them.
The floor plans on the Daily Mail are older. The ones that are on here that show where the pictures are taken on Zillow are more current but still are slightly off. You can tell they were made more currently based on the imagery just for rental purposes. I work for an architecture firm and redraw floor plans for permitting a lot and source from all kinds of old plans. I commented a week ago about the bedroom layout on the second floor being slightly off on the more current plan (the one near the restroom).

Yep. Any group of students(female anyway) that I knew in school tried to have a second living room of sorts. So they could have options if people didn't want to all be doing the same thing at once. (so groups could have friends over and the others if they didn't want to join in weren't relegated to their bedrooms.

If the spare room was open and available, I wonder what it was used for. Was it furnished? Was the door always open or closed? Was it a party room or used as a big closet? Intriguing that the room right at the bottom of the stairs to M&K’s room was vacant, maybe a friend could crash there, who would notice that anyone was in there?

The floor plans on the Daily Mail are older. The ones that are on here that show where the pictures are taken on Zillow are more current but still are slightly off. You can tell they were made more currently based on the imagery just for rental purposes. I work for an architecture firm and redraw floor plans for permitting a lot and source from all kinds of old plans. I commented a week ago about the bedroom layout on the second floor being slightly off on the more current plan (the one near the restroom).
So you’ve studied the plans and photos, I presume. Based on your knowledge, is that third floor window (not M’s) in the stair landing?

I'm thinking about what police said about asking for any videos/photos because what ISN'T in them could be important. I'm trying to wrack my brain--what is an example of something being absent that could be significant? the only thing i'm thinking is if someone who would normally be at work, for example, wasn't seen in a certain space like in the background or something. A car could also apply to this.
Yes like someone saying they were home but their car is gone or not in the usual parking spot

It is good to have local boots on the ground and was curious how students were doing. Have a lot of students come back or it is soley online that is a more popular choice to finish classes ?
I can’t answer that particular question because I’ve not been around campus (today). Things were quieter than normal yesterday when students typically return in droves & there was local news coverage last night indicating same.

They aren’t MSM so I’ll not link, but the UI has a student newspaper (Argonaut) as does nearby WSU (Daily Evergreen) for any interested.

Just to give you a bit of perspective, I have highlighted the route from Moscow to Lewiston. I concentrated in that direction because this seems to be an area that LE is looking at.
Any locals on here familiar with this route?
How many vehicles might pass this way in the wee hours of the morning?
Are there cameras on the Memorial Bridge?
I make that drive several times a year but honestly have never seen a camera, but I’ve never looked, either.

The drive can be a real PITA in bad weather, which ~wasn’t~ the case at the time if the murders.

IME, there hasn’t been a lot of traffic in wee hours - some big rigs, some cars, but not steady traffic until 5-7 AM when folks are heading to/from work.

We have had some impressive scheduled transports originating at the Lewiston Port through Moscow to Canada of massive wind blades - people showed to watch in person & via traffic cams (my limited understanding is the traffic cams don’t record, but I could be wrong). I’ve lost track of the schedule, but they passed through Moscow around 9-11 PM, so much earlier than your window. I don’t know how much that impacted traffic backup, but I think those delays would be south to north rather than vice versa. Moo

I heard here that the possible target of this attack had possible just accepted a very nice job somewhere. Have they looked into who else applied for that job. Perhaps the runner up is now in line.
Is your comment to mean that the "runner up" might have had something to do with the murders? If so, I find that to be highly implausible. IIRC, the job is in Texas. Someone would follow another person to a different state, just to kill them so they could get the job instead? And how would the "runner up" even know who had gotten the job instead of them in the first place?
MOO

The "sloppy" killing IMO shows exactly that - desperation and no knowledge of what they were actually undertaking.
We really don't have a great source on the whole "sloppy" thing. I think the fact that they have only collected 113 pieces of physical evidence from inside and outside of those rooms, as well as inside and outside of the house, suggests the killer may have been less than sloppy.

Or not showing up for work all of the sudden
Or, they are trying to trace the enter/exit route of a suspect. If they have a vehicle or person in mind, seeing where they *didn't* go would help narrow down where they *did* go. Even if they don't have a suspect/vehicle, the footage could help them see who went in what direction and highlight persons/cars they might want to investigate (if that makes sense). That is how I understood the statement, and is MOO, it could mean a handful of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61